"Fat" clothes - keep em or burn em

Options
124»

Replies

• lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask that question. My husband and I just purged our closets of almost all of our clothes as we had the opportunity to give them away to charity and we couldn't fit into any of them any longer so we decided to rid ourselves of the temptation of ever going back to our old weights and got rid of all our oversized clothes.

Now I only have enough clothes to get me through a week and I will replenish them as I need. I'm still losing so I don't want to fill my closet w/a bunch of clothes I won't be able to wear in a few months.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Donated or sold mine along the way. I have no intention of going back and by getting rid of them I ensure that it won't happen!!
  • mizzdivat
    mizzdivat Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I will donate my clothes
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    i have a closet full of skinny clothing, but as soon as i (blessedly)get too skinny for something, it's outta here!

True story...I held onto some skinny jeans for years. And once I got back into them, I promptly donated them b/c styles have changed so much they were clearly dated!! Also went back and got rid of a few other things I had held onto for way too long as well.

I also "passed" through a few skinny clothes: I tried them on and they were still a bit snug, and by the time I tried them on again, they were too big. If you think you want to wear them, try them on regularly, or you might miss the window of opportunity.
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I would & have been donating them all along. I have always been taught to not be wasteful & there is always somebody who is worse off so could really use them. Great job in staying out of them.
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I would keep 1 pair of pants and 1 shirt as a reminder of what you came from.

I also like the idea of burning the most hated item of clothing that you HAD to wear because of your size.

But, definitely donate the items to a shelter/goodwill/salvation army/etc., give to someone who needs them, or if you want to, you could also have a yard/garage sale, and sell them for like $0.50-$1.00 per item and make a little cash (if there's a demand for those sizes in your area).

Hope these help. My "fat" clothes really will just be for my "fat" days lol, because I'm only 1-2 sizes bigger than I want to be, so I'll probably just donate/give them to someone/somewhere that could use them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!