INSANITY - Updates & Progress- New Group

Options

Replies

• mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I am so glad it is Saturday. I did my favorite workout today - Max Interval Sports Training. :) LOVE this one.

My wonderful husband scheduled a massage for me this afternoon. He figured since I have been abusing my body for the last 5+ months it was time. I am so ready for it.

Tomorrow is my off day. Have a great weekend.

Hope you enjoy the off day and the massage!!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    New to the group!!! And sooooo happy I found a group for Insanity!!! I have started and stopped and started and stopped, BUT I am willing to give it another go and keep trying until I get through the whole program with one shot!

My goal is to start with day 1 this Monday on April 4th!

Any advice???

Feel free to add me for support!! :)
    My advice would be to go at your own pace. I'll be starting week 4 on Monday and I still go at my own pace. There's no way I can keep up with those machines in the video. :laugh: Can't wait to hear your fit test results on Monday!! Dig deeper and push through!! :happy:
  • mamareese
    Options
    SO glad to see this thread. I started Insanity about 2 weeks ago. I can only do it 4 days a week but I am sticking with it. I LOVE the way I feel and am thrilled I found something so challenging. As I type this I am trying to keep myself from puking...just finished plyometric cardio. This tread will keep me motivated. Thanks and look forward to see how we all do.

Welcome!! I hear ya. Plyo is terrible!! LoL I just finished up Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs, so my knees are screaming and my arms aren't moving!! Glad you found us!! Stick with us~ We are determined to get through Insanity!!
  • mamareese
    Options
    Today was Plyometric Cardio Circuit. I put a video up on my Tumblr of me doing one rep of the second circuit. It's good for laughs. My upper body strength SUCKS. Ugh.

I'm looking forward to resting tomorrow! You guys enjoy the rest of your weekend. Dawn, have a safe trip!

I hear ya...doing Cardio Ab, it's my shoulders in those plank moves that give out before my abs!
  • mamareese
    Options
    We are on vacation in Orlando this week, and I did my Insanity workout today! Pure Cardio. I brought my laptop and a couple Insanity dvd's so I could keep at it at least a little bit on our vacation. I laugh because I can only imagine what people would have thought if they heard the noises coming from our room - lots of jumping and gasping sounds. My husband said he will probably get some not-deserved high fives today.

Did the high fives come through? Too funny !! Now that's dedication girl! Way to go!
  • mamareese
    Options
    I was thinking about doing INSANITY?? Im just afraid maybe Im not physicaly fit enough to do it yet? Any thoughts?? Thanks

The great thing about Insanity is you watch, follow form and keep up at your pace. As long as you keep the correct form and push through- you're doing great. Is it tough? You betcha I'm on week 3 and still come back from the gym red faced! But the results are worth it!
  • mamareese
    Options
    New to the group!!! And sooooo happy I found a group for Insanity!!! I have started and stopped and started and stopped, BUT I am willing to give it another go and keep trying until I get through the whole program with one shot!

My goal is to start with day 1 this Monday on April 4th!

Any advice???

Feel free to add me for support!! :)

Just stick with it. Whether it's by sticking with us as a group or going at it on your own, just keep pushing play. It's totally going to be worth it in the end!!
  • mamareese
    Options
    Phew...not being on for the entire day, can make catching up exhausting!! :-) Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs for me. Even if any part of me thought about NOT doing the work out, the fact that I indulged at the Chinese place required me to hit play!! The weird part is (and I'm taking this with a grain of salt...a large grain thanks to the chinese!!) my weight when I hopped in the shower after getting back from the gym was lighter than my Friday AM weigh in. WTH? I'm not worrying about it because it's not my regular weigh in times, I just thought it was a little odd. Anyways, we took the kids to a 'bounce house' with all these inflatable thingamajigs so got to get a little physical with them today. It was nice...climbing up and sliding down with my two boys. DH kept the boys as soon as we got back so I wouldn't be dragging my butt to the gym kicking and screaming after they went to bed. It felt good to get a good burn on after the indulgence. I haven't looked at what tomorrow is but I think I'm going to allow myself to sleep in and do it when the kids take their naps. It feels good to not be out the door at 5am! LoL.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Finally figured out how to make a side-by-side pic. It is posted on my profile. It shows my 6 week progress and the after pic was taken a week after I started Insanity. Check it out.

WOW!!! you look great!! Keep it up and good job!!
  • JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I really want to start doing insanity because I've heard so many good things about it , so when I get a job and can afford to buy it I will. Do you all still feel able to go the gym aswell? Or does it tire you out too much ? Also how long are the workouts and do you get a rest day once a week of is it a case of doing it everyday for 60 days?
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    I really want to start doing insanity because I've heard so many good things about it , so when I get a job and can afford to buy it I will. Do you all still feel able to go the gym aswell? Or does it tire you out too much ? Also how long are the workouts and do you get a rest day once a week of is it a case of doing it everyday for 60 days?

it really depends on your exercise level. Right now I am just starting week 4 and I could definatley work out more after doing Insanity, but if I did a workout later in the day, I am not sure how that would effect the next days workout. It might decrease the effort I am able to put into the workouts. They are definately not easy. Lost of jumping and endurance. Plus i think if you start getting tired, you may lose your form and that could cause injury!!
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    Good Morning!!

Today I did 2 workouts to make up for the fact that I wont be able to do one tomorrow. I did my usual cardio power and resistance, and then i followed it with the workout I would have done tomorrow, which was plyometric circuit. I was definatley not in my best form for the second one, but I kept with it.

I am taking my laptop so I hope to stay in touch to some extent while I am away!!

Everyone good luck this week and keep pushing play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tpiper55
    tpiper55 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    WOW, this thread moves fast on the weekend….I’ve got lots of catching up to do, but I LOVE knowing that I’ve got company going through this fire

WELCOME to all of the newcomers. I’ve just recently started posting here myself…it’s a warm, friendly, welcoming group. But most of all, we’re all BRINGING IT, and DIGGING DEEPER

Today started WEEK THREE for me and I took my second fit test today. I improved on everything except the low plank move at the end. I’ll post my results after this message. I’m beginning to think that Pure Cardio is my favorite workout. Mostly because you only do each move once, so no matter how fatigued you become on that particular move, you are going to move on to something totally different next and not come back to it..

Shakemybooty, I literally LOL’d at how you occupy yourself during the workout. Friday during Pure Cardio, I found myself giggling again during the workout thinking about that. And yeah, that black guy is insane…He looks like some kind of action figure, lol. I think the key to putting your hands far ahead in the C-sit position is really creating that c-curve along the trunk and hip area.

Ceelovejay, did you tape yourself? That’s a great idea to get feedback and monitor your form.

Tizzz – yes, Insanity is a home based fitness program on DVD. It is a six week, cardio-based program that is really big on conquering your MIND to whip your body into shape. It’s a great program.

Mindy0509, I’ll definitely share my thoughts on Asylum!!! Do you plan on doing it?

JessJoJell, It’s perfectly fine to go at your own level. Even the people in the video need to take breaks. You can do it.
    Jennieodwyer, I’ve added you as a friend.

Armywifeinpink, CONGRATULATIONS on starting tomorrow. The biggest piece of advice I can give you is DIG DEEPER!!! This program relies heavily upon conquering the limitations imposed by our own minds. Also, TAKE BREAKS when you need them. You will do great.

I'm going to enjoy the rest of my day with some REST. Tomorrow and Tuesday I have to teach TurboKick at the gym, since those are double workout days for me I find that while doing the Insanity Program, I need to be very well-rested coming into Monday. I've decided that this week my main focus will be on pushing through those mind barriers to go further through the fire and take breaks later or eliminate them entirely. I say this because sometimes, I take a break because I'm at a point of FATIGUE, but not real FAILURE...I want to get to the point where I can push through the fatigue and only take breaks when I NEED them.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.
    Toni
  • mamareese
    Options
    Cardio Recovery for me today so I hit up the treadmill first to try and counteract the crap food I eat on the weekends. We are getting ready to remodel our bathroom so we've spent yesterday and today on the road (excluding our fun stop for the kids!!) trying to shop for and pick up things we need for that. I told my husband, I don't care where we go next time but anything besides drive through fries. I literally can't handle it anymore. :sick: I make the decent choices based on my options but I just feel so yuck afterwords. Now don't get me wrong, I'll still be loving my Chinese favorites forever. But that particular vice for fast food has faded.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    p90x abs does my body good
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for your complements! Can't wait to see the final before and after pics. Did plyo cardio circuit today before walking for 6.5 hours today. Needless to say I am exhausted. Ready to feed the baby and hit the sack so I can be ready for Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs tomorrow!! Hope everyone has a good night.
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I successfully finished Week 1 today. I did my Day 5 and day 6. I am so happy about it and wrote in my blog.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Dhathri/view/insane-start-of-insanity-week-1-88752
  • mamareese
    Options
    Cardio Power & Resistance for me today. Yeah! :happy: Day 5, Week 3~Check. 1 more day and I'm out of week 3. Whoot whoot! :drinker: My knees are a little unhappy with all the hopping around today, but it was well worth it. I wish I could say my scale was moving but it has only went down 2 lbs and then back up those 2lbs. So I'm just pushing through and hoping the overall program has an overall body transformation for me that this little stinky scale isn't allowing me to see along the way!! I know, I know..one day I'm saying it's working and the next I'm not!! :grumble: Sorry! I hear lots of great things from DH so that keeps me pushing through on top of the fact I feel great. Despite that, I do enjoy seeing movement on the scale. So it does have me a little disgruntled but nothing that has me concerned, just more a pity grumbel!! :ohwell:

Hope everyone's Monday goes well! Dig deeper!! :bigsmile:
  • mamareese
    Options
    I successfully finished Week 1 today. I did my Day 5 and day 6. I am so happy about it and wrote in my blog.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Dhathri/view/insane-start-of-insanity-week-1-88752

Great blog post. Love your tips. And ohhhh yeh...Shaun T baby!! :blushing:
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    Had to skip the workout on Sunday but got in plenty of exercise playing laser tag and flashlight tag. Back on track at 5am this morning with cardio power and resistance. whew!

Need to get the diet under control!!!!