Challenge Group (New Members Welcome!!!) 4/4-4/10

Options
This thread is one in which a new fitness and dietary challenge is posted each week. The challenges begin on Monday. Lets keep this rolling!

Here are the challenges/format to post for this week: (ANY one can join in at ANY time!)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

FITNESS CHALLENGE:
Complete a total of 140 Push-Ups (any style: regular, modified knee, diamond, counter, wall, etc) this week. That’s an average of 20 Push-Ups a Day ~does not have to be consecutive

DIETARY CHALLENGE:
Stay Under Your Carbohydrate Goal __________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the format to post your updates and track your progress: (can be copy/pasted to post daily, weekly, whenever!)

MON – Push-Ups: ## ~ Under Carbs: Y/N?
TUE – Push-Ups: ## ~ Under Carbs: Y/N??
WED – Push-Ups: ## ~ Under Carbs: Y/N?
THU – Push-Ups: ## ~ Under Carbs: Y/N?
FRI – Push-Ups: ## ~ Under Carbs: Y/N?
SAT – Push-Ups: ## ~ Under Carbs: Y/N?
SUN – Push-Ups: ## ~ Under Carbs: Y/N?

Total Push-Ups: ##/140
Total Days Under Carbs: #/7

Good luck! :drinker: (water)

Replies

• aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Awesome, good luck!
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    RiiNaCHiiCK09 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    aaah! i wanna do this! I think im going to do last weeks as well as this weeks goals too since I just learned about this lol im going to keep my information in my blogs and will update daily xD
  • AutymneRaine
    Options
    Doing the push-up with the 30DS anyway...so COUNT ME IN! =o)
    I LOVE a challenge!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Staying under my carbs is a GREAT focus since I am carb cycling..... Most people on here aren't truly aware of what their carbs should be, everyone is different. But it is such a great thing to focus on. Some excellent carb choices are whole grains(quinoa, whole wheat, brown rice, barley, oatmeal), veggies, legumes and fruits. Avoid the white stuff though... lacking nutrients and is not used as energy. Anyhow. That was my 2 cents ;)

This is great! Although you should know that Thursday is a carb load day and WILL be WAY high haha..... Everyother day WILL be great! It WILL! I am determined!!! I am 1.7 lbs from my next goal... which was hoping to shoot for by Sunday!! EEK! :)

Thanks for these challenges!
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    I used to be a "carb-o-vore"... this week will be interesting. Bring it on! xD
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in... This one will be super easy for me though... except maybe the carbs....but I'll work that. Push-Ups will be a breeze as I've been working the www.hundredpushup.com challenge. My last workout consisted of 98 push-ups... 143 squats... and 249 crunches (one workout, total between 5 sets). But, that's been about a month ago, and I need to get back to my challenge!
  • SkierElle
    SkierElle Posts: 335
    Options
    I'll try this :) My goal for carbs is under 100 all days except friday, and I am going to do all the push ups the standard way :)

Good luck everyone!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    I'll try this :) My goal for carbs is under 100 all days except friday, and I am going to do all the push ups the standard way :)

Good luck everyone!
    ELLE! Glad to see you! :-D
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Good luck everyone!

I've been doing the www.hundredpushup.com challenge but been doing them modified. Maybe to make this challenge I'll do half my challenge push-ups each day (3 days a week) standard, the other half modified... My last workout consisted of 98 total push-ups between 5 sets...
  • SkierElle
    SkierElle Posts: 335
    Options
    [/quote]
    ELLE! Glad to see you! :-D
    [/quote]

thanks! u too! i disappeared for a bit now I'm back!! :)
  • Teran0612
    Teran0612 Posts: 263
    Options
    Ok... Here we go... I really needed this... I have to be in a sleeveless matron of honor dress on May 14th.. and my arms are so flabby!!!! :(
  • newjuls
    newjuls Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    :smile: I am in!
  • kaylor908
    kaylor908 Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm in! I completely failed last weeks challenge.
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a whirl, the carbs is going to be a true challenge!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I would like to try this. I need to work on my upper body so pushups are just what I need :)

Better get started as its already Monday evening here - be back soon to update my stats!!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Aquasw16-Glad you found us this week.

Riinachick09, AutymneRaine, ladybu6205,SkierElle,hyper_stitch & Amanda -Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Shawnalee-Thanks for the info on the carbs. I really appreciate the input you give to the members of our group. You’re the greatest! :smile:
  • PolyTeine
    PolyTeine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I want to join, it would be a very challenging this week since I love carbs :-). Gotta make that sacrifice:smile:
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Im in!:smile:
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well I started on the pushups, did 10 regular ones and 15 "girly" ones. I usually do them on my knees so I thought I would challenge myself to try and do as many regular ones as I can. Maybe by the end of the week I will be doing all regular ones :happy:

Well under carbs today!

MON – Push-Ups: 25 ~ Under Carbs: Y
    TUE – Push-Ups: ## ~ Under Carbs: Y/N??
    WED – Push-Ups: ## ~ Under Carbs: Y/N?
    THU – Push-Ups: ## ~ Under Carbs: Y/N?
    FRI – Push-Ups: ## ~ Under Carbs: Y/N?
    SAT – Push-Ups: ## ~ Under Carbs: Y/N?
    SUN – Push-Ups: ## ~ Under Carbs: Y/N?

Total Push-Ups:25/140
    Total Days Under Carbs:1/7
  • Polish_Princess
    Options
    I'm in!! Going to the gym later, so I'll try to work in some push ups, but I'm doing a treadmil class. If not I'll work them into my day :laugh:

Since I work 3rd shift, I'll post my numbers the following morning.