What is your favorite Laughing Cow Cheese recipe?

Options

Replies

• steph5565
    steph5565 Posts: 36
    Options
    Laughing Cow is great but it's still a manufactured food product - meaning that it's filled with lots of weird ingredients that I'm not so sure I want to be putting in my body (at least not in large quantities). Anyhow, I LOVED Laughing Cow but cut out all processed foods. What's a girl to do? Make your own!

Okay, I promise it's not that hard, in fact it's super easy (two ingredients). See below:

Step 1: Mix 16 ounces of plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt with 1/2 tsp salt (or less, if desired). IMPORTANT: Make sure your yogurt doesn't include gelatin or stabilizers - the ingredients should just be milk and active cultures. Chobani brand works extraordinarily well.
    Step 2: Drop mixture into a cheesecloth. Collect the corners of the cheesecloth and hang over a bowl in the fridge so that they whey (watery mixture) can drip out
    Step 3: Allow to sit for 24 hours, or until desired dryness is achieved. It will yield approximately 11 ounces. (And only has 25.5 calories per ounce!)
    Step 4: Enjoy!

This "cheese" (actually called labneh, with origins in the Middle East) has the slight tang of the yogurt, and the texture of goat cheese (SOO much better than those processed wedges!). Personalize to your tastes by adding herbs and spices. Tonight I added dill and a pinch chile verde sea salt and spread it on tomatoes, it works well as a dip for veggies, spread for sandwiches and it also melts beautifully.

Enjoy!
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    THis is so simple....I steam broccoli (I like mine pretty soft). Put it in a bowl and stir a wedge of Laughing Coaw French Onion into it and nuke it just a little more to make sure it is nice and hot. Tastes almost like broccoli casserole and only adds 35 cals to that boring broccoli. Let's face it, we eat TONS of plain broccoli. Anything that can jazz it up is a blessing to me. Love Laughing Cow.

OOOHH thanks for the great idea, I HATE broccoli but eat it because its good for me, but I am most def going to try that.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    These All look awesome! thanks ladies! especially for the website and alfredo recipe :) I will have to try making my own now too :) You all are Great! Thanks!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I love the LCC chipotle flavor on a piece of Joseph's lavash bread with turkey rolled up. So yummy!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Great ideas-thanks.
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    bump!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 2 egg whites, LC queso fresco, 4 tbps salsa, lavash to wrap it all up.
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Southwest Breakfast Scramble

1 Whole Egg
    2 Egg Whites
    Laughing Cow (Cheese Wedge) - Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle, 1 wedge
    1/2 of Wholly Guacamole - 100 Calorie pack
    Jones Dairy Farm - Ham Slices-Fully Cooked, 2 Slices
    Kraft reduced fat cheddar cheese shreds - 1 TBSP
    Black Olives - Medium, 6 olives
    Vegetable - Cherry Tomatoes, 2 tomato diced
    Onions - Raw, 1 slice, medium, chopped
    Cilantro, chopped (to taste)
    Salsa - 1 tbsp

Beat the eggs with seasoning; slice the cheese wedge and add to eggs, beat until smooth. mix in tomato, onion,
    salt, pepper. Spray pan with cooking spray and add eggs and 1 slice of the ham chopped finely, and half the chopped cilantro. I am terrible at omeletes, so I just make a scramble, but you could do it either way. Cook the eggs until done, top with grated cheese, remaining cilantro, sliced ovives, guacamole and salsa. Serve with 2nd ham slice on the side. Yum!
  • kfortenberry89
    Options
    bump! I love this thread:)
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I tried two more last night I think you guys will like!

Feta, Spinach, and Gouda Alfredo Chicken:

Ingredients:
    2 TBS light 50 calorie butter
    2 TBS flour to thicken
    3 cups skim milk
    6 laughing cow cheese wedges - I used Garlic and herb but swiss or tomatoe basil would also be great
    7 Tbs reduced fat parmesan cheese
    1 bag of boneless skinless chicken tenders boiled
    1 cup feta cheese
    2 cups raw spinach chopped
    1/4 cup bread crumbs
    12 slices smoked gouda cheese - I get mine at Sam's club, if you can't find the pre-sliced kind it was just 80 calories a piece, not sure if that helps or not.
    - I dont realy measure my calorie free spices - but a liberal shaking of:
    salt free - Greek Seasoning
    Black Pepper
    Adobo
    Rosemary

Directions:

1. Boil the Chicken - I boiled mine overnight the night before in a crock pot, then drain and shred
    2. Make a melt the butter and stir in the flour
    3. Add the milk, laughing cow cheese, 5 TBS of the Parm, and spices, cook until melted and the sauce is starting to thicken
    4. Add the shredded chicken, Feta, and spinach, stir until all is evenly coated
    5. Spray a 9"X13" glass pan with cooking spray, and spread out the chicken mixture
    6. Layer the Gouda evenly over the top,
    7. Top with the bread crumbs and remaining Parm
    8. Bake at 350 until it is warm and bubbly... this is only about 15 minutes if the chicken and sauce is warm... closer to an hour if you have made it the night before and put it in the refridgerator.

Makes 12 Servings, about 390 calories per serving, but they are decent sized servings! and I paired with:

Chive Mashed Cauliflower

Ingredients:
    Whole Cauliflower head chopped into florets, do not use the stalks
    1 cup skim milk
    2 laughing cow garlic and herb wedges
    1tbs chives

Directions:

Steam the Cauliflower until very soft
    Blend the Cauliflower, cheese milk and chives in a large electric mixer until it looks like mashed potatoes.
    Enjoy!
  • foreverrange2
    Options
    sounds great, thanks!
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    bumpity bump bump! Thanks yall.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    indulgent egg salad sandwich:

one boiled egg, plus the white from a second boiled egg (97 cals)
    two wedges LCC blue flavor (70)
    one sandwich thin. (100)
    total (267)

use one wedge to spread on the sandwich thin like a condiment, use the other wedge to mash up with the boiled eggs and make a creamy blue-cheese flavored egg salad. If you don't care for blue, you could do this recipe with the swiss, it's exactly the same, but I love the light blue cheese flavor with the boiled eggs, it reminds me of cobb salad flavors.

My go-to lunchtime fave!
  • damama1579
    Options
    a friend of mine turned me on to laughing cow and she gave me this breakfast recipe

i wedge of your fav laughing cow
    i slice of dempsters ancient grain bread
    i egg scrambled
    1 tbsp fiber one cottage cheese
    finely chopped spinach

-mix egg with cott ch and spinach and scramble in pan
    -toast bread and on cheese
    -place egg on bread and enjoy!!
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I like to take some leftover brown rice and heat it up with a wedge of the garlic flavor, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Yum.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Ok clearly I'm missing out on this laughing cow cheese. I didn't realize there where other flavors.

Bumping to check this out later
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like to use it instead of other condiments on a turkey burger