Anyone else going through divorce or been through one?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've survived not one, but two divorces~ the first marriage lasted 7yrs and the second, 15. If not for children, i think i probably would have gained weight but becoming a single parent stressed me out beyond belief and actually caused me to lose. I had to quit my job after 10yrs last July,...(that i loved) and that caused me to gain 25lbs. I am in serious relationship #3 now with a wonderful man who is very supportive and don't know what i'd do without him!~ I'm sorry your marriage did'nt work out but cheating is never ok and everything will work out... just takes time. Good luck!
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I've survived not one, but two divorces~ the first marriage lasted 7yrs and the second, 15. If not for children, i think i probably would have gained weight but becoming a single parent stressed me out beyond belief and actually caused me to lose. I had to quit my job after 10yrs last July,...(that i loved) and that caused me to gain 25lbs. I am in serious relationship #3 now with a wonderful man who is very supportive and don't know what i'd do without him!~ I'm sorry your marriage did'nt work out but cheating is never ok and everything will work out... just takes time. Good luck!

Sorry to hear your other relationships didn't work out but this seems like a step in the right direction!! Yay! Good luck and thanks for responding to the post!

Berry, I hope you are going to be ok. Just know that you are an amazing and beautiful woman who deserves all the happiness and it will happen for you :-)
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Today I split up with my boyfriend of two years, my first relationship since my divorce. It's hit me like a sledgehammer.

So sorry you're going through all of this again. Hang in there, and take it out on the punching bag at the gym. **hugs**
  • mandapanda001
    Options
    So today is the day my divorce is final. I have been doing good today which is much better than I expected. I really appreciate all the support and plus my sister in laws sent me flowers to work this morning to help keep me in a good mood, love those girls!! Love to all my wonderful MFP friends. I know I will still have bad days but it is good to know I have closure now to move on with my life!!
  • Dawn111567
    Options
    So today is the day my divorce is final. I have been doing good today which is much better than I expected. I really appreciate all the support and plus my sister in laws sent me flowers to work this morning to help keep me in a good mood, love those girls!! Love to all my wonderful MFP friends. I know I will still have bad days but it is good to know I have closure now to move on with my life!!

Hugs to you! I went through a divorce/separation 13 years ago. It was a horrible time but it got better. If you have a program called Divorce Care at any church near you I highly suggest going. Best.thing.I.ever.did was go to that program. Add me as a friend if you would like. :flowerforyou:
  • mandapanda001
    Options
    So got through D-day of my divorce and I thought I would be feeling different than I do right now. I am the happiest I have been in a very long time!! Thanks to my MFP friends and one of you in particular (you know who you are ;-)) I don't mean that yay I got rid of my husband because this is the hardest thing I have ever been through, not to mention devastating but knowing that I can move on and get closure and start a whole new chapter of my life is so exciting and new, little bit anxiety producing but in a good way!! Thanks again for all the support, love and hugs!!
  • Anathema13
    Options
    I'm so glad someone linked this forum thread. I got married to completely the wrong person 7 years ago now, divorced almost a year ago. Thankfully, since the divorce I've taken off the poundage you see in my signature. I feel better and more amazing than even before I met him. Graciously, it was a semi-amicable divorce, though it had it's own problems like any other. If any of you need support or an ear, please please PLEASE let me know. I love to listen. Good luck to you all.