Single........ :happy:
  • furfighter
    Options
    *raise your glass*
    :drinker:
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I can't be a "plus one" til I learn how to be "just one." I've gotta learn & master ME before I graduate to WE!
  • etpx3
    etpx3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    <- - - - - - - - this girl right here :wink:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I can't be a "plus one" til I learn how to be "just one." I've gotta learn & master ME before I graduate to WE!

haha i like it
  • AngelRae83
    AngelRae83 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I might not be single much longer i have a date on thurday night :)
  • Kimmers_80
    Options
    ME :happy:
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Married twice - Divorced and widowed, so been single for a while.

I'm only interested in a man if he can enrich and enhance my life, funny that I think I've done that for both husbands without seeing the same results for me.

You sure do fit in better in society as a couple, it seems really hard to find a social life without a significant other, but currently I am really enjoying the freedom of making my own decisions (even if it is a bit scary). Not that there is much choice really because men my age tend to go for women much younger, probably just because they can (not a whinge just an observation).

Good luck to you all, that you find what you are looking for.

GG
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    single, by choice, i think!
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Single here too.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options

Thats awesome. Totally agree. I'm a nerd, so I'm going to tweet this. :blushing:
  • JaXXster
    JaXXster Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Single . . . ::ohwell:
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Would it be completely desperate if I said "Me too" again?
    :sad:
  • JaXXster
    JaXXster Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Would it be completely desperate if I said "Me too" again?
    :sad:

Ever so slightly . . . :tongue:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

You sure do fit in better in society as a couple, it seems really hard to find a social life without a significant other, but currently I am really enjoying the freedom of making my own decisions (even if it is a bit scary).

agree :) i'm enjoying my independence, and yes it was scary at first.(I've never been married but have had two serious relationships)
  • scandalyssa
    Options
    haha very single. hands up.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    single and almost loving it lol :laugh:
  • KarlaColvin
    Options
    SIngle!
  • crazyandie
    crazyandie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm newly single. I think now I can actually concentrate on myself and losing this weight I have been carrying around.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    oh and for the single ladies, found this article online. i love caroline manzo. and i think she gives some good advice here :)

How Do I Find a Good Man?
    February 11, 2011

Caroline Manzo puts the real in The Real Housewives of New Jersey, and her fans relate to the reality star's no-nonsense attitude, focus on family and, above all, abundant common sense. Check back at Glo every Monday as Caroline helps solve your most pressing dilemmas.

The Dilemma: "As a young lady in this era, what do I should look for when dating? What should be some guidelines for us younger women to keep in mind? And how are we supposed to know if a particular man can have great potential?" – Ashley

Caroline's Ruling: Oh my God, I love this question! Ashley, you've given me hope that there are still some kids out there today who have their heads on straight. It's so discouraging to see the standards of what makes a “good catch” these days. So much emphasis is placed on looks, money, cars, partying and living large. Listen, I get it: You're young, you should have fun and enjoy yourself, but one of these days you're going to wake up and realize you want more. It's called growing up.

If I could stress one point, it would be to take your time and don't rush into a relationship for the wrong reasons. Trust me, if you're 26 and single, it's not the end of the world; you've got a couple of good years left in you!

A great-looking guy/girl is certainly nice, but outward beauty fades over time. A beautiful person on the inside will always shine and be beautiful in your eyes. If you can get both, jackpot! If not … jackpot! Remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

You need to evaluate what you want out of life. If you want to have a home with a white picket fence and children, I wouldn't suggest you date someone with a profile on gigolo.com. People generally don't change after a certain point in life, and the biggest mistake you can make is thinking that marriage will mold your partner into what you want them to be. Obviously there are some things that may change, but a complete 180? Not gonna happen. ...Read More

I'm going to share something with you that I always was very conscious of when dating. It was very important to me that the person I ultimately wound up with shared the same goals as I did. I wanted a family. I wanted someone who would respect me for who I was and not what they wanted me to be. I wanted someone who would always make me feel safe and loved. I wanted someone to encourage me to follow my dreams and help make them a reality. I wanted someone with a good work ethic so my children would be provided for. I wanted someone who would make me laugh. In turn, I would do the same for him. To me it was about mutual respect, encouragement, teamwork, communication, sharing a common goal and, most of all, commitment. <========= COULDN'T AGREE MORE :heart:

I still laugh when I think about it. I found this in a heavy guy named Albert who had his hair parted on the side, wore a giant gold medallion and couldn't put an outfit together to save his life. To me he was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

We suffered some growing pains along the way for sure, but 30 years later we have three gorgeous kids and live a good life. He's bald but thinner, and I'm no longer 94 pounds and have a couple of wrinkles on my face and some cellulite here and there. He tells me every day how beautiful I am, and when he tells me my eyes are beautiful, I know it's because I'm looking at him. It's been a long journey filled with ups and downs, laughter, tears, heartache and triumph.

The moral of my story? I kissed some toads before I found my prince; he's not perfect, but he's perfect for me. Take your time and find your perfectly imperfect person who will make your heart smile whenever he walks into a room.

Caroline Manzo was my favorite of all the housewives.