What DON'T You Count?

Options

Replies

• cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i dont log vegetables, even though they do contribute to caloric intake because I figure it's not my veggies that have made me fat. Its my meats and sweets and breads.
  • catrinpersephone
    Options
    I don't log tea or vegetables (except potatoes, even sweet potatoes.) and not fruit and long as it's not sugary. I still log bananas, pineapple etc because they're sugary.
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    I don't log herbal tea, but I do log the honey I put in it to sweeten it. I think I log too much for that though. I log 1 teaspoon but in reality don't use a full teaspoon at all.
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I count pretty much everything. I agree, if you're losing and don't eat tons of "free" food no need to, but I sometimes go back in my diary to repeat meals and want to know everything and I like being super-accurate. I even weigh out the ounces of my wine...
  • markmanby
    markmanby Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There are a heap of items i don't log. Coffee (which i have cut down to 3 cups a day), the odd Mint, Spices, the odd time i add squash in my water, gum. But on the flip side i quite often over add calories on meals when i don't think the calories in food on the database does not look like enough or i have not weighed the different items so i figure it balances out :glasses: .
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I don't log any drinks unless they're alcoholic drinks.
    I drink my coffees/teas black and the odd time I drink a soda, it's the diet version, I won't bother logging them if it's only 1 or 2 cals, other than that I only drink water.
  • seja
    seja Posts: 6
    Options
    I like your thinking! :laugh:
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    Vitamins.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I do not log anything that is 0 calories, everything else I try to log
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I dont log tea all the time, or spices. I also don't log tasting something I'm cooking/baking (and I just mean a taste), but I try to save enough calories to cover for the margin of error.
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    I am new to this, so I am logging every single little thing, and while for some, those 10 calories may not matter, I have a hard enough time getting into my number of required calories those 10 help me HAHA
  • HoneymoonSlimDown
    Options
    What about Ketchup? I know it has calories but am I really going to gain weight because of ketchup?!?!
  • sammybey
    sammybey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Garlic
    Ginger
    Spices
    Herbs
    Water- I know I get my 8+ glasses
    Gum/Altoids (I have maybe 2/day... who cares)

The "worst" thing I don't log is the butter I use just to coat the bottom of my pan when I make my egg whites in the morning. I literally just rub the stick over the bottom of the pan- I don't cut off a pat or anything, so it would be almost impossible to quantify.

I do log my mustard though- for the sodium content!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I don't log mustard sometimes, and spray butter other times. Not intentionally, but I'll forget to put them in. They are so inconsequential in most categories for the amount I'm using, that it wouldn't even put a dent in my calorie/sodium levels each day. So I don't worry about those as much, but I'm on top of adding everything else.
  • slamkin14
    Options
    I don't log gum... which actually probably adds up, but I'm not going to because it's assisting with a different goal.

good luck with the quitting smoking...

i log pretty much everything, mainly to keep track of all the little things that stuff like diet soda does add, like sodium!! stupid sodium in everything!!!
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I log absolutely everything.

Spices, gum, mints, non-calorie sweetener (splenda or truvia), crystal light, vitamins, tea, etc. Everything that goes into my mouth gets logged. It helps me to be as close to 100% accurate as possible.
  • emiliabeth
    Options
    If I'm having a really hungry day, I don't count any veggies and eat as much of them as I want. If I'm still hungry, I'll have an apple that I won't count - that never fails to curb my hunger (yet)... Otherwise, I don't count:

- mustard
    - coffee
    - tea
    - spices
    - any drinks make with sweeteners instead of sugar (mainly Diet Coke)
    - Sometimes I forget to count 30ml of skimmed milk I have every day over the course of my tea / coffee
    - vinegar (I use balsamic vinegar as a salad dressing a lot)

If I'm having a REALLY hungry day, when I feel like counting calories is torture, I eat a crap load of unsalted nuts that I don't count (I know... that's insane because they're so high-calories, but I'm a vegetarian and feel entitled to the occasional protein binge.). That usually only happens every couple of months...

Oh, and I never count for the first day of that TOM :)...
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i count everything except my PAM cooking spray...
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Truvia - I use one in my coffee in the morning.

Sugarless gum... I have at most one a day, so no biggie there.

Sometimes I'll grab a baby carrot (or two :tongue: ) while packing my son's lunch in the morning and I don't bother to log those either.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    What about Ketchup? I know it has calories but am I really going to gain weight because of ketchup?!?!

I log it becasue when I have kechup I use a LOT of it. :laugh: