Pregnancy 2011 - April

Options

Replies

• dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options
    Bethe- Kohl's has adorable newborn/baby clothing. And it's good brands too (Carter etc.) so very good quality. There is always a sale going on there plus I also google a coupon there before going and/or shopping online and ALWAYS find one! :smile:
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Ah just made a much needed trip to Target. I wanted to get the kids' Easter basket goodies pretty much taken care of.

This weekend my husband went up to the attic to get my 2 year old's baby clothes for this little guy (Wade). Well, the only clothes up there my daughters' clothes! I did end up donating ALL of my son's baby clothes because my husband had made it pretty clear he would be our last. So I have NOTHING clotheswise for Wade. I picked up some onesies and a couple sleepers. Now I need to find something for him to come home in. I cannot believe I am this unprepared. I need to make a trip to BRU but that is 30 minutes away and I am not sure I feel comfortable doing that. I haven't checked Kohls, maybe they have some cute things for newborns.

Hopefully you had some gender neutral stuff (or even passably gender neutral) you could use for the baby. you might also check craigslist in your area to see if anyone has clothing for sale. Around me all the ads are for boys stuff and hardly any girls stuff.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Ah just made a much needed trip to Target. I wanted to get the kids' Easter basket goodies pretty much taken care of.

This weekend my husband went up to the attic to get my 2 year old's baby clothes for this little guy (Wade). Well, the only clothes up there my daughters' clothes! I did end up donating ALL of my son's baby clothes because my husband had made it pretty clear he would be our last. So I have NOTHING clotheswise for Wade. I picked up some onesies and a couple sleepers. Now I need to find something for him to come home in. I cannot believe I am this unprepared. I need to make a trip to BRU but that is 30 minutes away and I am not sure I feel comfortable doing that. I haven't checked Kohls, maybe they have some cute things for newborns.

I like Kohls baby clothing! Do you have a JC penny or any department stores near by? What about a target?
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

Hopefully you had some gender neutral stuff (or even passably gender neutral) you could use for the baby. you might also check craigslist in your area to see if anyone has clothing for sale. Around me all the ads are for boys stuff and hardly any girls stuff.

Unfortunately all the gender neutral stuff I had for the girls I used with my third (my son) and they went along with the donated stuff.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Bethe- Kohl's has adorable newborn/baby clothing. And it's good brands too (Carter etc.) so very good quality. There is always a sale going on there plus I also google a coupon there before going and/or shopping online and ALWAYS find one! :smile:

Thank you. I'll have to check Kohls. I had a 20% off coupon that expired this weekend. Time to get online and search for a coupon.
  • dragonfly74
    Options

I like Kohls baby clothing! Do you have a JC penny or any department stores near by? What about a target?

We have all of those and I made a stop at Target today but didn't have much time. Used most of it up when searching for nursing bras. UGH!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I keep forgetting what a busy thread this is!

Megan/Bethe – you ladies are so close! I can’t wait to see pictures of your babies, but I’m going to miss you on this thread.

Rachel – good luck today, I hope everything goes smoothly with the house and NO RAIN!!

Lynn – I haven’t been to a childbirth class yet, you’ll have to let me know how it goes.

Sheri – I’m glad Brooklynn is alert today (and all night) :smile:

AnneElise – you've had a rough time with MS, I hope it goes away for good.

I had a dream last night that the hospital gave me the wrong baby and no one believed me. I was shaking when I woke up.

I think this might have been brought up already, but I can’t remember. Did anyone have bad headaches during their pregnancy? I used to take migraine medication, but they stopped a few years ago. For the past week or so I’ve had horrible headaches almost every day. At first I thought that I wasn’t eating frequently enough, so I stared to snack on fruit and veggies between meals but there’s been no change. The doctor said I could take Tylenol but at this rate I’d be taking some every day and I don’t really want to do that. The only thing that makes them go away is sleep. :sad:
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Ron, your new picture is super cute. :)

So has anyone ever woke up in the middle of the night starving? I have never done that until last night. I woke up at 3:30 and I could not go back to sleep because my stomach was growling so ferociously . I finally got up and ate a Luna protein bar. I guess the cereal for dinner wasn't adequate. :laugh:
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Everything's fine and nothing has changed - still 3 cm and 50%. Doctor will be out of town tomorrow through Sunday. Of course I'd rather deliver with my doctor, but I know that they need vacations too! Just a waiting game now.

Rachael - I wake up hungry in the middle of the night all the time!

Bethe - I have gotten a few things from Kohls, but of course it was girls things, but I have seen some really cute stuff. I bet that sure was a surprise to not have any boy things! We're close now! Exciting!!

Going to walk a little bit today again :bigsmile:
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Amanda - I was checked at 36 weeks, not at 37, but again at 38 and 39. I haven't spotted at all afterward, but I do have some pain.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Everything's fine and nothing has changed - still 3 cm and 50%. Doctor will be out of town tomorrow through Sunday. Of course I'd rather deliver with my doctor, but I know that they need vacations too! Just a waiting game now.

Bethe - I have gotten a few things from Kohls, but of course it was girls things, but I have seen some really cute stuff. I bet that sure was a surprise to not have any boy things! We're close now! Exciting!!

Hey Megan! It is frustrating when they go out of town! But you are right they need vacations too. My doctor was out of town when I delieved my second.

Do you feel like the baby is dropping at all? Sometimes when I stand up I swear I am feeling him moving down. Sometimes I have to stop and take it really slow.

Our babies will be here before we know it!
  • mwilson1018
    Options

Hey Megan! It is frustrating when they go out of town! But you are right they need vacations too. My doctor was out of town when I delieved my second.

Do you feel like the baby is dropping at all? Sometimes when I stand up I swear I am feeling him moving down. Sometimes I have to stop and take it really slow.

Our babies will be here before we know it!

Oh yes! Last night I swore to my husband she was trying to scratch h er way out, lol. Her feet and bottom are way down from where they use to be...sort of middle tummy instead of real high so I know she's come way down. I didn't ask about station while I was there today, but she did say last time that her head was right there (now don't know how close "right there" means lol). I figured the whole time I've been pregnant that she'd be out of town this week...It's Masters week/Spring break here in Augusta, and the majority of the people that live here go out of town this week to get away from all the craziness. I'm just staying positive - everything will be fine! If everything goes according to plan (which I am aware it may not as well) I only need the doctor there to oversee things, as I hopefully will be going totally natural. Just catch the baby - that's all I want! lol
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Oh my!! Bethe and Megan you two are getting so close!! How exciting!

It's been a strange day for me i've been feeling like everything is so surreal like i'm in a daze. idk weird hope to feel better tomorrow.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Ron- Sorry about the headaches... I havn't had many :C

Pmaria- Hope you are feeling better soon!

Rachael- Havn't woke up hungry yet... hope that doesn't happen.

AFM: I got the most EXCITING day care tip/found a day care center today. They have three of them around the county and only the teachers in the county can take there kids. They take a max of 12 kids and they have 4 adults. No one knows about them at all! They are secret. They are open from 6:45 to 4:30 which works perfect for us (dh is taking the baby to daycare at 8:30 and I will pick up at 3:00) and they are only open when school is in session which means paying for NO vacations. BEST PART... its 100 dollars A WEEK rather than the 180 we have been finding to help the teachers out. The last piece of the puzzle is going to visit and making sure it is as nice as they say... cross your fingers for me!! The only negative is that we have to drive 20 minutes... worth the almost 400 dollars we will be saving!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ron - Yes...I had horrible horrible headaches. Tylenol didn't touch them, and the only thing I could do was sleep. My dr. said it had to do with all the adjusting hormones in my body. Luckily they only lasted for about a month and a half, I would say from week 14-20. I hope you find relief soon.

AnneElise - wow, that is an amazing find! $100 a week is such a great deal. We still haven't figure out what we are doing. We do have a nanny for the first month and a half after I go back to work, but after that.....we have no plans. You are very very lucky!!!!!!

I let the dr. check me again today, but may not next time. I haven't changed since last week, and I was pretty disappointed that I hadn't made any progress. I think that it just isn't worth it, because the baby is going to come when he is ready, and knowing how far dilated or effaced I am wont change when the baby is coming. Now I am frustrated that I haven't made any progress.

Rachel- Hoping for no rain for you guys!!!
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Ron - I had headaches during my first trimester going into my second. I k now you can take Tylenol, but I never took anything and just tried to rest. They definitely were aggravating!! I've had a few recently, but I think that's due to sinuses/allergies and not the hormones. Hope they stop for you soon!

AnneElise - that sounds like an awesome deal! I know there's a woman that does that for the teachers at our school, but I haven't checked into it yet. We still haven't figured out what we're doing. DH's mother and step mom both don't work, but we've already agreed that Annabelle WILL NOT be staying with them. His mom smokes terribly and reeks of smoke all the time, and his step mother just has too much drama that comes a long with her. We don't want our daughter involved in either every day.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

I let the dr. check me again today, but may not next time. I haven't changed since last week, and I was pretty disappointed that I hadn't made any progress. I think that it just isn't worth it, because the baby is going to come when he is ready, and knowing how far dilated or effaced I am wont change when the baby is coming. Now I am frustrated that I haven't made any progress.

Your body is not expected to make any "progress" at this point in your pregnancy, especially a first pregnancy. Progress is each day that passes you get closer to baby deciding to come, increasing braxton hicks contractions is progress, more baby hiccups is progress, time is progress.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

I think this might have been brought up already, but I can’t remember. Did anyone have bad headaches during their pregnancy? I used to take migraine medication, but they stopped a few years ago.

Also dehydration in pregnancy can cause headaches. A very cold coke can also help a headache.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Ron, your new picture is super cute. :)

So has anyone ever woke up in the middle of the night starving? I have never done that until last night. I woke up at 3:30 and I could not go back to sleep because my stomach was growling so ferociously . I finally got up and ate a Luna protein bar. I guess the cereal for dinner wasn't adequate. :laugh:

Yeah. on and off. About 2 months ago I woke up and made myself a sandwich at like 2am. Hubby was at a friends so I called to see when he thought he would be home (you know, the it's 2am, checking that you're not dead call...) and he was like - why are you up? And I said "oh, I'm just eating a sandwich"...

I always get hungry if I stay up too late though - preg or not i get hungry around 2a. Now i feel bad or nauseated if I don't eat though so sometimes I do snack. Hubby goes to sleep WAY later than I do and wakes me up without fail every time between midnight and 3am. Just about every day I mumble "I'm hungry!" but vote for going back to sleep instead. I eat dinner really late too - 8 or 9 or sometimes later.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

Mine was on vacation with my first. I was really annoyed though because I was in his office less than a week earlier. He knew I was due the next week (I delivered the day before my DD) and that he was going to be out of town and there was no mention of it. I learned in the hospital when the other Dr in the practice (whom i had never met before) came in and said "I'm Dr Beatty - Dr Hamilton is on vacation".... um?! .... shouldn't you tell your ready to pop patients?!