New Round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me! Cont'd....

Options

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My Day 30 of P90X LEAN

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/OLP76/view/day-30-of-p90x-lean-pictures-includes-day-1-of-my-fat-self-89513#comments

* Just a note I started with Power90 on Dec 6 2010 - March 5 2011 *

P90X LEAN started on Monday March 7 2011...

:heart: :wink:
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Well, plyo was brought this morning and tonight at our fit club, we'll be warming up with 10 min trainer yoga and then learning the Glee Flash Mob routine! lol One of our coaches is a certified instructor. A while ago, we learned the thriller dance, that was a blast! So, I'll be getting in some more cardio today. Woo hoo! I need it, I made the mistake of getting on the scale this morning, not happy! Oh well, I'm chaulking it up to the new routine yesterday and I'm pretty sore from all the push ups; I should know better. Anyway, enough of my pitty party, I'm done!

OLP: Girl!!!! Look at you! Nice profile pic! You are such an inspiration! Way to go!

Liz: Welcome back! Glad to hear you're doing a bit better!

heabear: love your attitude! Way to bring it girl! Look forward to hearing about your workouts!

jata: I really hope your shoulder gets better. My friend started P90X, got a month into it and got tendanitis in her rotator cuff, she's out of commission for a while. So, make sure you get it checked out and take it easy. We'll be here!

Hello to all my other fellow X'ers! Almost time for me to get some fuel in the body so I can learn my glee moves tonight! Have a great night!

Deb
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I was kind of pouting because I wasn't going to do Plyo anymore this round (sore knees) but my new knee braces came and are REALLY helping so I thought I'd try it modified. I did it today, got a 513 calorie burn and was able to just forego the jumping for most things. I had to completely change a couple of things (Rockstars for one!) but I just chose moves that kept me working the same general body parts and kept my heart rate high so I think I did okay. I'm really glad too because I was having a hard time coming up with a workout I can do from home that was easy on the knees but still got my heart rate up! I used to do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVD's but most of them just don't give me a burn anymore.

The husband hurt his back last week and was home so it wasn't a very good week for me. I went over on calories a couple of times. Mostly just a couple of hundred but I had one day that was really bad.(But I did track every stinking thing I ate!) I also didn't get any taekwondo in and no other cardio. I insisted on doing the strength training even if I had to do it late in the evening. I was really getting frustrated so at one point I just kicked everyone out of the living room and told them they could come back when I was done. The rest of the week was smoother after that because I think they knew I was working out come hell or high water (or gimpy husband who constantly needed driving to the doctor!) :tongue:

Fortunately he is doing much better this week and is back to work! I'm back on track and back at Taekwondo. Oh! Can I brag?! Our littlest one is six years old and has been doing "KinderKickers" (TKD for pre-K/K) and we learned last night she's going up for her yellow belt at the end of the month! He doesn't usually promote them until they graduate to the "big kid" class but he said she's more than ready! :heart:
  • heabear
    heabear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OMG day 3 of lean program and the ab ripper x made me throw up a little totally intense wow! Shoulders and Arms went well but need to get a few more varieties of weights! Hope everyone else is doing good!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Went to chair pilates and zumba tonight. Tomorrow is Legs and Back X, plus ARX. Can't wait to do wall squats, lol..... Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • annyshay
    annyshay Posts: 42
    Options
    Yoga X right before bed. Mmmmmmmm. Have a good night, X-ers!
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    OMG day 3 of lean program and the ab ripper x made me throw up a little totally intense wow! Shoulders and Arms went well but need to get a few more varieties of weights! Hope everyone else is doing good!

Don't fret the ARX - many cannot do all of the moves until well-into the program - each time literally gets easier, but in the beginning - it is very difficult! I am on day 32 and I still have trouble with many of the moves - good luck!
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    day 32 - subbing Zumba for Yoga - and then tonight Softball practice and then followed up by a hands on coach's teaching clinic - should be a good day! I have to burn off that ice cream I ate last night - and btw- don't get any ideas, I felt disgusting afterwards - I had not had any desserts/sweets for about 2 months and it was like eating liquid sugar - I threw half of it out! yuck!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm back! I missed Plyo yesterday because I was sick. I normally never call in sick to work, but I actually stayed home yesterday. I got lots of sleep in and am back to normal today. I did Back/Biceps/ARX this morning, and it was tough. Weird thing I noticed... my left bicep is noticeably stronger than my right. Not sure how that happened, or how to even things out. Anyone have ideas?
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My Day 30 of P90X LEAN

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/OLP76/view/day-30-of-p90x-lean-pictures-includes-day-1-of-my-fat-self-89513#comments

* Just a note I started with Power90 on Dec 6 2010 - March 5 2011 *

P90X LEAN started on Monday March 7 2011...

:heart: :wink:

Wow you look great. Awesome job. So inspiring
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm back! I missed Plyo yesterday because I was sick. I normally never call in sick to work, but I actually stayed home yesterday. I got lots of sleep in and am back to normal today. I did Back/Biceps/ARX this morning, and it was tough. Weird thing I noticed... my left bicep is noticeably stronger than my right. Not sure how that happened, or how to even things out. Anyone have ideas?

My left is noticeably (to me at least) smaller than my right bicep. That stems from me being a right handed tennis player with a one handed backhand my whole life. So if you figure something out let me know!
  • becca0211
    Options
    I am doing the lean program which does not include the plyo. Can some give me a quick run down on what it is all about? I am thinking about giving it a try. Thanks!
  • jljohnson
    Options
    My left is noticeably (to me at least) smaller than my right bicep. That stems from me being a right handed tennis player with a one handed backhand my whole life. So if you figure something out let me know!

I'm left handed, so I guess it makes sense that my left is stronger... it's just frustrating when I'm doing bicep curls, and one arm can't keep up with the other :grumble:
  • mayeuxj
    mayeuxj Posts: 22
    Options
    Today is Day 31 for me. Definitely feeling stronger and more flexible (Yoga X hurts so good!). Kinda wishing I could see more results physically but it's only been a month. I've been told you don't really see noticeable result till the 3rd month so I just gotta hang in there and Bring It!
  • jljohnson
    Options
    I am doing the lean program which does not include the plyo. Can some give me a quick run down on what it is all about? I am thinking about giving it a try. Thanks!

It's definitely high-impact, so if you have any joint issues, you may have to modify. It's quite a bit of leg work (squats, lunges) with spurts of jumping. Tony's quote from the dvd is to "Think like a cat," so the jumping is controlled with soft landings. Definitely an intense cardio workout, and one of my favorites! I hope you give it a try!
  • annyshay
    annyshay Posts: 42
    Options
    Day 1 of Phase 3 for me today. It was back to Chest & Back. I haven't done this workout in 5 weeks and it was like coming home. I upped my reps on everything. I did some pushups from my toes on every exercise. I didn't fall on my face during divebombers. I felt so strong! There is still a lot of room to go before I catch up with the people in the video, but it is amazing to see how much this program can grow each and every one of us if we just keep pressing play. I am so glad that each of us took the chance to do this program and stretch ourselves. Keep up the great work everyone, and know that it will totally pay off in the end. :0D

Also, plyo = jumping... and lots of it. There are great modifications in the video, which can take some of the high impact out of the exercises. It's intense. Tony calls it the mother of all X workouts for a reason. You can do it, though, if you push yourself, watch your form, and listen to your body. That's what I'm up to tomorrow.
  • heabear
    heabear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yoga X today looking forward to it I love yoga even though I'm not the most flexible!!
  • Hannahrenee86
    Options
    I am on Week 6 Day 3 which was Back and Biceps and AbripperX. I also did a 9 mile walk. I love Back/Biceps!!! I need to get heavier weights(trying to get my husband to put them in my easter basket. :)
  • becca0211
    Options

It's definitely high-impact, so if you have any joint issues, you may have to modify. It's quite a bit of leg work (squats, lunges) with spurts of jumping. Tony's quote from the dvd is to "Think like a cat," so the jumping is controlled with soft landings. Definitely an intense cardio workout, and one of my favorites! I hope you give it a try!
    Thanks, I think I will try it this weekend!
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    Got my legs, back and ab ripper x in today. Tomorrow is Kenpo (woo hoo!) and then I'll be finished with week 5! Time is going by so fast, cant wait til my 90 days are up, but my husband and I both have said we'll need to do a few rounds before we perfect each move/position ;)

Keep going everyone!