What's your "go to" song you listen to to get you pumped for

Options
What's everyone's "go-to" song that no matter what mood they are in, when this song plays they are ready for the gym?

Mine is - Eminem - "Till I Collapse"

Replies

• ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Don't have an actual song, but an artist. For some reason since I was little, I pop in a michael jackson cd and it gets me motivated to either clean or workout. Lol. But when my daughters home we workout to lady gaga :) haha
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Taio Cruz...Dynamite or anything of his gets me moving!
  • arush22
    arush22 Posts: 11
    Options
    "Cupid Shuffle" is great and always gets me pumped for a workout!
  • stephc71885
    stephc71885 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Queen "Don't Stop Me Now" or ACDC "You Shook Me All Night Long". Both just get me totally pumped up :)
  • Haveaday1102
    Options
    Call me crazy but i like the British prog rock of the 70's. Stuff like Yes, ELP, Van der Graaf Genrator, Genesis, Mike Oldfield. Not necessarily a particular song but the adventerous music takes my mind off mundane things like "how far do i want to walk", etc.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    I don't have a particular artist, but Panic At the Disco's original album has a few songs that have great running tempos. (Not a fan of the band, but their tempo gives me a good running pace.) Another artist I listen to while working out is Disturbed (don't judge).
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Freak on a Leash - Korn
    or
    I Walk Alone - Saliva
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Eye of the Tiger. . .makes me feel like I can take on the anything in the world & succeed!! :bigsmile:
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    oooh good question...

I like the Melissa Ethridge song that she used as a breast cancer campaign...."I Run"
    and the Eminem song "Lose Yourself"
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    oh I have tons! a few of my faves are "bad girlfriend" by theory of a deadman (only with headphones on though, kiddos dont need to hear that! I also like OMGosh by uhser, Higher by taio cruise....anything upbeat like that.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I have one in particular that speaks to me. "I'm Every Woman" by Whitney Houston is good for me.
    Other fast ones I like are: "Hey Ya" by OutKast and "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas

There are others that aren't particularly "pumping" fast, but they are great to walk to and fill my heart with inspiration:

"Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson
    "On My Way" by Phil Collins
    "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus

Now I am no Miley fan, not even close, but I do love that song. It it really inspirational. :bigsmile:

Great question!!
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yeah I like alot of Eminem songs. He is just so aggressive and angry lol. Just what i need to hit the weights hard !!!
  • lynessal
    lynessal Posts: 2
    Options
    Don't judge what.....I love disturbed!
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Craek those are good ones!
  • coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    PIERCE THE VEIL!!!!! It used to be Bring Me The Horizon and Attack Attack though :p
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Eye of the Tiger. . .makes me feel like I can take on the anything in the world & succeed!! :bigsmile:

Need to download that song, forgot about that. Rocky vs Apollo Creed lol.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I don't have a go to song or artist even....but most metal gets me moving. Demon Hunter, Disturbed, System Of A Down, As I Lay Dying, Five Finger Death Punch, and Stone Sour.
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    Embarasses to say if I feel like I am getting tired and don't have much left in me, I put on nookie by limp bizkit, paradise city GnR , and survivor beyonce
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hands down... Right Now (Van Halen).. that's my ultimate song for the treadmill.. pushes me right through. Also Poundcake off the same album...
  • denimandroses
    Options