Men on a Mission - Over 250, Looking to Drop 50

Options

Replies

• pancho45
    pancho45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    LWW: 387.6
    CW: 390.8

Was looking good early this week but birthday parties and late nights out this weekend killed me. Time re-group and get back in the gym. Sorry for the let down guys, hopefully another big week is coming up.
  • PaulC9554
    PaulC9554 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    134Kg this week. Sadly not too good after last week.

Good luck guys - stay positive as hard as it might seem.
  • RaistlinDL
    Options
    LWW- 280
    TWW- 275

I don't know if I've been doing this long enough to give any tips, but here goes . . .

1. I always strive to come in under my calorie goal and so far have been 95% successful, I blew it two days in a row this week when I was out of town visiting my brother in Seattle. Next time I would go up with a meal plan in hand, since his usual meal plan is to have us all eat out. Luckily, I don' think it messed me up too much, one or two horrible days isn't going to set a person back that much and I realize this.

2. Listen to your body when you are exercising, if what you're doing doesn't get your heart rate up like it used to, if it doesn't leave you sore like it used to, if it doesn't seem as hard as it used to . . . then maybe you need to switch things up a little. At times I think it's easy to get complacent and fall into a workout routine, I know I like routines anyway, make sure you're still getting what you need out of your workout and if you're not then it's probably time to switch it up a little . . . variety is the spice of life after all.

That's the extent of my limited knowledge, it's been great reading what you all are saying.
  • apolloag
    apolloag Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Reporting in at 227.4. I think I'm finally in the 220's for good! Almost to 210!!!

Thank you all this week for your advice. Whether it is a new piece of advice or something we are already aware of, it's nice to read different perspectives and remind ourselves different things to work with while losing weight.

It's nice to see jaskelley back; hopefully spinndrift, DS13, and C-Bran will join us again soon too.

This week, we have our first tie! Congratulations to RaistlinDL and tllstaco for each losing 5 lbs this week! I don't know about you guys, but I could sure use some warmer weather. It would help me get back into my walking routine. Raistlin, I noticed you are also in Washington State, but on the other side from me - it's good to see a neighbor working hard at it! Keep up the good work!

week14.bmp

This week's topic - what is your favorite healthy food? We all have had to make sacrifices and along our journeys we've come across things that work for food - thing we are willing to eat, are lower calories, and that we may even enjoy enough to have several times a week. For lunch (and sometimes dinner), I make a standard sliced cheddar cheese and roast beef bagel sandwich with lite mayo. This is 500 calories and usually ties me over throughout the day (the protein in the roast beef helps). What is yours?

1334262.png
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Topic of the Week - Favorite Healthy Food
    I eat Blackened Salmon probably 3 times a week. I love it with just a little honey on it mmmmmm. And I am so satisfied and full after I finish eating it. If not for Salmon I am not sure what I'd do (Thank you Sam's Club for selling huge packages of it lol).

P.S regarding the weather. Here in Atlanta its been off an on in the 70's and 80's for the last month :-)
  • mackoy809
    mackoy809 Posts: 36
    Options
    My go to breakfast meal
    1/2 cup old fashion oatmeal 150 cals
    1 tbsp jiff peanut butter 95 cals
    1/2 banana 45-50 cals
    1 tsp of brown sugar 5 cals
    1 scoop protein powder 150 cals

Mix them all together. Protein is about 50-60 g. And if u eat almonds or nuts then u could easily have your protein for the day.

Thomasvision yap salmon is also my go to protein source
    Apollo i need to try that roast beef sandwich it seems easy to make
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Today April 16th I am 225.6
    April 9th - 229.6 lbs

Graduated P90X yesterday.(Finally). So now I get to start something else. I'm starting a new job on Monday so I have to fly out Dallas Texas for training. I was hoping the hotel they put me in would have its own kitchen but it doesnt so that means I have to eat out everyday that Im there. I hope I can maintain a good diet on Texas takeout lol.

Hope you guys had great results this week!
  • Swilson87
    Swilson87 Posts: 139
    Options
    SW: 275
    LWW:253
    CW:252
  • jaskelley
    jaskelley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in for this week: 225.6. Down a smidge, but I haven't been dieting all that heavily the past few weeks so I'll take it. :D

Good luck on the new job, TVision!
  • Bigeddy
    Bigeddy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Started out realy slow this week, even gained a little. So thanks to Tim, Mackoy and Hanna (not on this thread) for your positive and fair critics and cheers. Last few day it went like the weeks before. I can reccomend working long days in your garden. It will improve the way it looks, although the garden looks better ;-) So cut the crap: LWW 111.8, CWW 110.9.
  • tllstaco
    tllstaco Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Gained 3 lbs this week to 261lb.

I ended up on steroids this week because of an infection. Does any one have any advice on how to overcome the water retention and the hunger when you have to take steroids?
  • pgp_protector
    Options
    Checking in 255 (Down 50 from when I started :happy: )
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Checking in 255 (Down 50 from when I started :happy: )

Congrats, 50 is a hell of a milestone!
  • pancho45
    pancho45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    LWW: 390.8
    CW:382!!

Down 8.8 lbs this week! Last week really disappointed me, I was embarassed to see my name at the bottom of the list with a negative 3 and that drove me in my workouts all week. I think my weigh in last week might have been a little high due to the water retention from the massive amounts of sodium consumed that weekend. But hey, the scale shows 8 pounds less so I'll take it!! Good luck to everyone else!!
  • mackoy809
    mackoy809 Posts: 36
    Options
    LWW 245.4
    CWW 244 lbs down 1.4 lbs

Awesome pancho u will be taking the top spot again.

Keep up the good work guys
  • PaulC9554
    PaulC9554 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    On target this week. Down to 132.9.
    Good going guys, stay positive.
  • tllstaco
    tllstaco Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Gained 3 lbs this week to 261lb.

I ended up on steroids this week because of an infection. Does any one have any advice on how to overcome the water retention and the hunger when you have to take steroids?

Correction gained 1 lb to 259lb. Water retention is an amazing thing.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    LWW: 390.8
    CW:382!!

Down 8.8 lbs this week! Last week really disappointed me, I was embarassed to see my name at the bottom of the list with a negative 3 and that drove me in my workouts all week. I think my weigh in last week might have been a little high due to the water retention from the massive amounts of sodium consumed that weekend. But hey, the scale shows 8 pounds less so I'll take it!! Good luck to everyone else!!

Friggin awesome job. Congratulations!!!
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Copied and pasted from my home page. Didn't feel like typing it over again.

I am going to borrow a good friends phrase, "BOOYAH PEEPS"! Had a huge week. Went for a jog this morning. Did 3.5 miles in about 45 minutes. That included a 10 minute warm up walk at a pretty brisk pace. I was able to run over 1 mile (5 laps) without stopping. Ended up jogging 2 miles and walking 1.5 miles. Burned over 6000 cals for the week in exercising. Completed over 11 hours of exercising. And, all that hard work paid off. Lost 4 pounds and am now out of the 260's. Yea, I'm patting myself on the back. Another, "BOOYAH PEEPS!"

LW - 262
    CW - 258