New Round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me! Cont'd....

Options

Replies

• Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    Whew! Got my Plyo in today and I am SORE SORE SORE!! Worked hard yesterday with chest shoulders and triceps and its difficult to lift my arms above shoulder height :laugh: Man! This program is wonderful, awful, motivating, challenging, and time consuming hahaha!! I am determined to complete it though!!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I had the worst run of my life today -- temperatures popped up to 75 degrees today (was 30 last week) with high humidity.
    Got cramped down bad at mile 9 ... managed 10 total, but thats all I could do.
    Half marathon is Saturday, so I am doing a modified recovery week to prepare...

Monday: Kenpo X
    Tuesday: Yoga X
    Wednesday 4 mile run
    Thursday Yoga X or Kenpo
    Friday REST
    Saturday: RACE DAY!!
    Sunday: either Yoga X .... or Core Syn ...

I may not be following the plan to the letter -- but some is better than none, right?
  • ShirleyJones
    Options
    Hey I was just wondering, Everyone here actually bought P90X. if so was it really worth the buy?
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hey I was just wondering, Everyone here actually bought P90X. if so was it really worth the buy?

Yes, it's worth the buy.
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Yes totally worth the money!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Totally missed the alarm this morning, and woke up 20 minutes late. Chest/Shoulders/Triceps will have to wait until this evening. I feel so much better when I get my workout done in the morning, but hopefully hubby will help out with the boys tonight, so I can do it.

@Kelnurse: I LOVE Plyo! The intensity of it is beyond any of the other workouts, and even though it kills you, you want to do it again! I totally agree on the love/hate relationship, staying motivated, and wanting to complete the program. You're totally rockin' it!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    In the last 2 weeks I've had wrist, neck and knee pains, but I believe I am finally ready to jump up to Phase 2!! I did a modified Phase 1 last week just to test the wrist (everything but chest/back and yoga). Slightly sore afterwards, but nothing serious. I haven't done a pushup in 2 weeks so hopefully that goes well. I have handles to use. Plyo is wreaking havoc on my knee so I'm not jumping as much. Means I don't get as much of a calorie burn, but I can live with that. All in all I will only be one week behind schedule and still finish before we leave for vacation on June 5th.
    Today is Chest Shoulders and Triceps. I am super excited about the triceps part :) I even bought 8lb weights over the weekend so I have more options. Couldn't find 12lbs though which is what I really need. My husband is out of town this week and I have to say that I get much better workouts in when he is gone. I don't feel rushed to free up the basement or have dinner at a certain time. But I am glad he is doing the X also so I shouldn't complain.
    Hope everyone has a great week. It's good to be back!!
  • heabear
    heabear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I made it through week one and had a wonderful rest day now on week 2 day 2 of the lean program and really enjoying it! Glad everyone else is doing great!!!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I made it through week one and had a wonderful rest day now on week 2 day 2 of the lean program and really enjoying it! Glad everyone else is doing great!!!
    Congrats!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on me!!! I'm still here!!!! lol Busy weekend! Adam, thanks for coming to the event! Glad you enjoyed a little Turbo Fire! :bigsmile:

I just got done sweating to Turbo Fire 55EZ and believe me, there's nothing "EZ" about it! lol Burned a lot of calories! Woo hoo! Tonight is CST & ARX! Bring it! Week 2 of phase II and ready to go!

Liz: Great to have you back girl!

heabear: Congrats on week 1 down! Woo hoo!!! Bring on week 2!

Hello to all my other X'ers out there! Who's ready to make this a great week?!

Deb
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on me!!! I'm still here!!!! lol Busy weekend! Adam, thanks for coming to the event! Glad you enjoyed a little Turbo Fire! :bigsmile:

I just got done sweating to Turbo Fire 55EZ and believe me, there's nothing "EZ" about it! lol Burned a lot of calories! Woo hoo! Tonight is CST & ARX! Bring it! Week 2 of phase II and ready to go!

Deb

I'm doing CST & ARX tonight too... What do you think of it? I am in my 3rd week of phase 2 and I am really glad I won't have to do this workout again until week 10, lol. (Probably my least favorite with all the push ups.)
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Deb

I'm doing CST & ARX tonight too... What do you think of it? I am in my 3rd week of phase 2 and I am really glad I won't have to do this workout again until week 10, lol. (Probably my least favorite with all the push ups.)

This is my workout tonight too... I've only done it once before, but it was tough for me. Some of the pushup moved were a joke for me to even attempt. I'm hoping it gets better, but definitely not one of my favorites.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Jenna & Becca: Yeah, it's not my fav either, with all the weird push ups, I feel like I'm starting all over again! lol But, I do my best and most of them are done on my knees, as long as I feel it! Have a good workout! I'll be in WOWY in about an hour if you'd like to join me!

Deb
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am still here - on day 37 - subbed zumba for the cardio (not even sure if it was cardio x or kenpo) - I missed day 36 - but I was outside from 0930 until 1730, doing yard work, etc - so I am pretty sure, I still got a fairly good workout in - just not the same as Core though...I thought about doubling up...but nah! Tomorrow is Chest, Shoulders and Triceps - I like this one a lot!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Short post tonight, gang. I am tired from a long day. Subbed/swapped Core Syn in for Yoga-X tonight. I had dinner with a client and that 1 1/2 hour workout was not going to work. I have firm plans to get my twisting half moon on tomorrow and the rest of my recovery week will be as scheduled. Looking forward to Phase 3, but will stop and smell the roses this week. I am glad I only had to take one set of weights (I use 10s for all Core Syn exercises with weights).

I am bummed because I will need to buy a different door frame mount pull up bar because the one I have doesn't fit the wide door frame in my hotel and there are no extensions...$50 bucks pissed away. Oh well...

4:00am comes early, so I am hitting the hay and dreaming of Dreya Rolls.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hey gang! Finished CST & ARX and got through all the moves on ARX! Woo hoo! I'll be feeling that tomorrow! Also upped my reps and did much better on CST than last week, a good workout overall.

Bob: Have you seen the Iron Gym pull up bar? Doesn't require any installation and it's not as expensive. Sounds like it might be too late for that though. Wow! 4am! Nighty night!

Keep at it everyone! Tomorrow is plyo for me and I think I might add in some Brazil Butt Lift while I'm at it! Have a great night!

Deb
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Today was the start of week 12 for me, can't believe I've made it this far. Chest, biceps, and triceps (+arx) and my arms feel like jello, it was a kicken workout!

Hope everyone is bringing' it!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Morning guys! Hope your having a great week.
    I am doing a modified recovery week ... half marathon in 5 days!
    I posted some 30 day pictures (warning fat girl in sports bra)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/emmaleigh47
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Great Job Emmaleigh, but I think you should be worried, I think your baby is losing weight and getting smaller...hehehehehe Fantastic! I am not brave enough to post my 30 day pictures - but you may have motivated me! And I agree - I think P90x is definitely worth it - I do love it!

Day 38 for me today!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Morning!!! Well today started off bright and early with some Plyo! Tonight at fit club, we're doing Cardio X, so should be a good calorie burn kind of day! Woo hoo!!!! Eating is going really good, proud of myself and I am hungry all the time!!!!! I guess that's a good thing, means the ol' metabolism is on fire! I'll take that!

Michelle: Woo hoo!!!! Day 38, you go girl! What's on tap today?

AnnMarie: WOW!!! Your pics are fantastic! You should be very proud of your accomplishments! I can totally see a difference! I'm so happy for you! You are an inspiration to so many people, you have no idea! Keep up the good work!

Mak: Wow!!! This is week 12 for you already?!!! Way to go girl! What's next? Have you thought about it?

Hello to Bob, Liz and the others! Hope you have a great, healthy day today!

Deb