Starting over and not giving up Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    Ok..mellymlk...it's time for an intervention...

THROW THE CANDY AWAY! NOW! IN THE TRASH IT GOES!
    And so that you will not be tempted to go in the trash to retrieve it (been there, done that:embarassed: ) unwrap it, toss it, and then squeeze some ketchup on it. That'll get it good and gross for you!

NO MORE CANDY! WE CAN DO THIS!

I would love to do that but it's my kids candy? I would feel bad getting rid of it. This is pathetic but something I need to do, get a chest and a lock that I can't open. Keep the yucky stuff in there. Or maybe I can talk to my kids and they'll understand if I get rid of it all. Explain how unhealthy it is for them to : )
  • mellymlk
    Options
    and I know not to eat candy. I WONT touch it in the day. I just get huge cravings in the middle of the night.
    I've got you kicking my butt I wont do it again no matter what : )

I'm gonna do a lot of extra exercising today and watching what I eat.
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    Well I cleaned heavy duty for a hour...moving totes and everything...so i feel a little better about missing my walk this morning!
  • mellymlk
    Options
    Well I cleaned heavy duty for a hour...moving totes and everything...so i feel a little better about missing my walk this morning!

Good job. Cleaning a great workout. Now go clean some more lol
  • mellymlk
    Options
    I did it. I went to the mall and walked for exercise with the toddlers and I didn't eat at the food court. That's huge for me I love the food court. Instead I got some apple slices at McDonalds for the kids and I had a couple. They are so yummy.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Ok..mellymlk...it's time for an intervention...

THROW THE CANDY AWAY! NOW! IN THE TRASH IT GOES!
    And so that you will not be tempted to go in the trash to retrieve it (been there, done that:embarassed: ) unwrap it, toss it, and then squeeze some ketchup on it. That'll get it good and gross for you!

NO MORE CANDY! WE CAN DO THIS!

I would love to do that but it's my kids candy? I would feel bad getting rid of it. This is pathetic but something I need to do, get a chest and a lock that I can't open. Keep the yucky stuff in there. Or maybe I can talk to my kids and they'll understand if I get rid of it all. Explain how unhealthy it is for them to : )

So, you can't get rid of the candy by throwing it in the trash but you are getting rid of it by eating it in the middle of the night right? I say toss it they will never miss it!

My name is samantha
    weight 198
    goal weight 150ish
    I still need to measure myself but GOOD LUCK to EVERYONE!!!
  • arjames82
    Options
    Welcome Samantha.

..good advice to mel:tongue: GET RID OF THAT JUNK! Stop blaming the kids!

...and good luck to you:flowerforyou:

Well, I just finished my workout for today. I did 20 minutes on the Arc Trainer (burned 343 calories) followed by a 60 minute spinning class (burned 945 calories).

After leaving the gym, I was too dog tired to cook so I picked up dinner from Boston Market. I suffer from migraines, and I feel one coming on, so I'm going to eat, pop a pill, and settle in for the night.

Today was a GREAT day for me. I did not give in to one temptation. I chose healthy snacks (popcorn and almonds) and drank 10 glasses of water!

Have a great evening...and see you tomorrow!
  • mellymlk
    Options
    I GOT RID OF the candy yay! I told my kids why and they totally understood. So it's gone yay! No more late night snacking.
    I'm going to the gym tonight for 2 hours to make up for last night
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls, I`m in. I`m ADDICTED to sweets:sad: . Ahhh Halloween candy! I can`t chuck it either, it`s my daughters, so I gave her a plastic box and a lock with a key and told her to NEVER let me in it -hide the key-how pathetic, I can`t even trust myself with a combo lock:devil: ! Problem is, I bought some for 50% off! I have to eat it and eat it till it`s gone. SO, I`m starting fresh with you guys tomorrow. No more games. I will go and do my P90X Yoga, (hate yoga, it`s so boring):yawn: ! I also eat snacks in bed. Must stop. Please help me stay away from the sugar. No cookies, or crap for all of us, I`m gonna end up with diabetes!

Wt. 149
    body fat-29.8%
    Goal-135
    Let`s do it girls! hm4 :wink:
  • mellymlk
    Options
    Welcome Sam glad to have you.

Great job today arjames82! You're getting hella fit if you can stand a 60 minute spinning class. That's hard core.
    I had migraines for 5 years straight, went to a chiropractor and never had one again. I had pinched nerves in my neck that was causing them. I highly suggest going.
  • mellymlk
    Options
    Hi Girls, I`m in. I`m ADDICTED to sweets:sad: . Ahhh Halloween candy! I can`t chuck it either, it`s my daughters, so I gave her a plastic box and a lock with a key and told her to NEVER let me in it -hide the key-how pathetic, I can`t even trust myself with a combo lock:devil: ! Problem is, I bought some for 50% off! I have to eat it and eat it till it`s gone. SO, I`m starting fresh with you guys tomorrow. No more games. I will go and do my P90X Yoga, (hate yoga, it`s so boring):yawn: ! I also eat snacks in bed. Must stop. Please help me stay away from the sugar. No cookies, or crap for all of us, I`m gonna end up with diabetes!

Wt. 149
    body fat-29.8%
    Goal-135
    Let`s do it girls! hm4 :wink:

Welcome glad your here! Get rid of the sweets trust me. Make a rule to NOT snack in bed. I got rid of my kids sweets. I just said here eat as much candy as you want right now and then I'm throwing it away. They were totally ok with it because they got to have a bunch of candy at one time. Which they NEVER Ever get. So do it. Go threw and throw out some stuff. Start now not tomorrow :smile:

I LOVE the apple dippers at McDonalds. There cold and sweet with the skin peeled off. Try those for a snack. Throw out the carmel dip though.

Learn to love fruits and veggies :)
  • mmauck
    mmauck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    EvilPib,
    Congrats to you for getting the motivation to change your lifestyle!
    I have just started P90x and was thrilled to see someone else on here
    doing it as well!
    Goodluck to you with your dieting & your work outs, hopefully soon we
    will both be super thankful for making the decision and seeing it through!

:)

Mandi
  • arjames82
    Options

Great job today arjames82! You're getting hella fit if you can stand a 60 minute spinning class. That's hard core.
    I had migraines for 5 years straight, went to a chiropractor and never had one again. I had pinched nerves in my neck that was causing them. I highly suggest going.

I've been seeing a chiropractor for a couple of weeks. It's definitely helping, but not relieveing them totally. Hopefully they'll go away soon!

Well, here's to another good day everyone:drinker:
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Mel, been there with the candy, can you have your hubby hide it, stick it away at night, silly but if you're getting up for the candy...

I want to do this, but haven't weighed myself in over 4 months, I'm afraid to step on the scale. I'm very active, just finsished 2 marathons, and Jillian's Making the Cut 30 days a month ago, but I have been dieting since Jan. '05, If I had just once been consistent with my eating and exercisiing instead of going gung-ho for months at a time and then sitting on my butt and eating for a few, I'd be where I needed to be, but that just hasn't happened. I can't tell you how many times I've started over and said that this time I won't fail. I think I have 15 lbs. to lose, and that in itself isn't hard, I've done it, but I always end up slacking and it comes back after my training is over. I think I'll have my husband weigh me tomorrow and not tell me what I weigh, and have him weigh me again in 2 weeks and go from there, how's that sound?
  • mellymlk
    Options
    Did good yesterday. Even though I had that late night beng I managed to stay under my dailey calories.
    Went to the gym last night. I decided to swim laps because my body was so sore from weights the past few days. Swam laps for 45 minutes.

Off to the gym tonight for an hour weights arm workout.

Had a bagel for breakast
  • mellymlk
    Options
    Mel, been there with the candy, can you have your hubby hide it, stick it away at night, silly but if you're getting up for the candy...

I want to do this, but haven't weighed myself in over 4 months, I'm afraid to step on the scale. I'm very active, just finsished 2 marathons, and Jillian's Making the Cut 30 days a month ago, but I have been dieting since Jan. '05, If I had just once been consistent with my eating and exercisiing instead of going gung-ho for months at a time and then sitting on my butt and eating for a few, I'd be where I needed to be, but that just hasn't happened. I can't tell you how many times I've started over and said that this time I won't fail. I think I have 15 lbs. to lose, and that in itself isn't hard, I've done it, but I always end up slacking and it comes back after my training is over. I think I'll have my husband weigh me tomorrow and not tell me what I weigh, and have him weigh me again in 2 weeks and go from there, how's that sound?

Sounds great but if you don't want to weigh yourself then by all means don't. You are gonna stick to it this time. Just think where you would be if you'd stuck to it this last time.
    Our plan is to make it a month at the least. When we get there we'll all see how much better we are feeling and looking : )

Here's to a good day guys.
  • mellymlk
    Options
    Looking at this everyday re motivates me!

My daughters tumbling couch and my soon to be personal trainer. YUMMY!! Look at those dang abs

l_7dd6400b723fe60de74634d0ac4419d3.jpg
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

I've been seeing a chiropractor for a couple of weeks. It's definitely helping, but not relieveing them totally. Hopefully they'll go away soon!

Well, here's to another good day everyone:drinker:

I get migraines aswell but have learned that they are from caffine withdrawls like a drug addict coming off a drug. I had them really bad when I was pregnant with my first daughter because I was afraid of what the cafine would do to her so I didn't drink any. but with the second one I drank 1 coffee everyday and that is all I need to keep them away.
    Migraines are horrible it's one thing that I wouldn't wish on ayone!!
  • mellymlk
    Options
    OMGSH I was cutting cheese for my kids lunch and had one piece because I was really hungry.
    I wasn't gonna log it because it didn't seem like that big of deal.
    But then I started thinking all those little things I take a bite of will add up. So I decided to log it.
    110 CALORIES Holy cow! I sure am glad I logged it. I'll be logging everyting no matter how small from now on.
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    OK so I did really good Monday..well good for me. Ya'll are kickin butt though!!
    Monday-
    water all day-
    3 meals and none after 5
    30 minutes on my elliptical

Today- (wed)
    water-
    30 mins. on elliptical

But I screwed up, and ate some powdered donuts 360 CALORIES????
    I'm going to do another 30 mins. this evening!!