Starting 30 Day Shred Tomorrow April 4..Who's In?

Options

Replies

• a_fit_me
    a_fit_me Posts: 103
    Options
    Day 7 Completed. :bigsmile:
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done!
  • crashta
    crashta Posts: 72
    Options
    Once you know the routine, you can opt to complete the workout with JM voice off. So far I haven't gotten sick of her and I switch up my dvds so that I don't get bored. 30 DS will be the first one that I'll do everyday, back-to-back, for the most part.
  • crashta
    Options
    Day 6 done.... no outside for me though.... 4 inches of snow last night, WTF? I live in the interior of British Columbia in case you were curious :]
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Well this just sucks!!!! Why is it whenever I start working out again and get into a routine I get sick?!?! Does this happen to anyone else?

I wanted to workout anyways but I get shortness of breath and have a cactus in my throat, cough. Its either a bad cold or a respiratory infection.

Guess the next couple days I will be able to tell better.

Have a great workout and burn some extra calories for me please!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done!!! Woo-hoo!!

I burn about 260cals according to my HRM. I think the burn totals are usually high on MFP, at least for me.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Lovely Shredders
    Day 7 done and my burn was unusually low this morning only 175 calories and I was not cheating or working out with any less intensity than usual, IMHO . How odd. I have to admit I dislike push ups especially that 2nd round, my lord!! I do them on my knees and they still are challenging. I got out of work late, had 2 errands to run but I still got out in the evening air and got a walk in for another 200 calories.
    As for results another 1.5 lbs this week - I'll take it
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    day 5 - done! almost forgot to check in!!!
  • pinkiekat
    pinkiekat Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi.. I just started the 30 day shred today and then came and found your post about it. I just did day one today. The weights part didn't seem to bad.. I just did 3 pounds but the cardio was a little intense for me. I don't think I've done a jumping jack since high school. LOL.. maybe I'll get it down by the end of the week.. any gal shredders who want to friend me feel free..
  • pinkiekat
    pinkiekat Posts: 39
    Options
    sweettart- I actually have a bad cold at the moment to and can definately relate. I've been taking cold meds and trying to keep up with the workouts with extra water, throat drops, and making sure the room isn't too cold. Cold air seems to make my throat feel worse when I'm sick. Take care and keep up the good work!
  • jennasan
    jennasan Posts: 44
    Options
    Day 8 done!! I don't know how many calories I burned b/c I actually did it from memory but I wanted to watch a show and dont own DVR. I was a little slow on things. It took me about 25 minutes but got all the moves in and was sweating by the end. Oh and I agree the push up are still tough,e even on my knees.
  • yarnhoarder
    yarnhoarder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think I'm on the same time line as you gals :) I just completed day 6 of the 30 day shred as well. I think I'll keep an eye on this thread to keep me motivated ;) Anyone else notice their endurance getting better? I sure have! :tongue:
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done! I had what sounds like the same sickness Friday and through the weekend. I'm really challenging myself so I pushed through. My throat is still sore. Hope you guys feel better!!:)
  • a_fit_me
    Options
    Well this just sucks!!!! Why is it whenever I start working out again and get into a routine I get sick?!?! Does this happen to anyone else?

I wanted to workout anyways but I get shortness of breath and have a cactus in my throat, cough. Its either a bad cold or a respiratory infection.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. :frown: Hope you feel better soon.
  • a_fit_me
    Options
    Hey Lovely Shredders
    Day 7 done and my burn was unusually low this morning only 175 calories and I was not cheating or working out with any less intensity than usual, IMHO . How odd. I have to admit I dislike push ups especially that 2nd round, my lord!! I do them on my knees and they still are challenging. I got out of work late, had 2 errands to run but I still got out in the evening air and got a walk in for another 200 calories.
    As for results another 1.5 lbs this week - I'll take it

Congrats on the weight loss. :flowerforyou:
  • a_fit_me
    Options
    Day 8 Completed. :bigsmile:
  • crashta
    Options
    W1 L1 D7 done!
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I take Sundays as my rest day so tonight will be day 9 of level 1! only 1 more day before I'm on to the dreaded level 2 haha! hope you are all doing great!!

I'm kicking my workouts & diet up a notch until the 21st (leaving for vegas on the 22nd for my birthday) so its hardcore beast mode from here till then! :)
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options

how did you get that cute tickler?
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    LOL @ 'tickler' - hehe

i just read this article and i thought it had some good info (except the part of using sparkpeople instead of MFP...haha). my scale HAS gone up about 2 pounds since i started this last wednesday. so, now i expect to see it go DOWN since i am headed into the second week soon :drinker:

http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=why_the_scale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan