~ 30 Day Shred ~

Options

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I'm going to save my results to the very end.. I haven't checked measurements again, though I've weighed in on my usual weekly schedule, more or less. I've had a terrible overeating few days, which ends TODAY. So, I skipped my weigh in this past Thursday. Back at this thing in full force now, completely committed.

To prove thus, I completed both my last day of Level 2 (thank goodness THAT'S over -- I'm not a huge fan of all the plank-based moves in Level 2, though I am improving!) AND my first day of Level 3, back to back. WHOA!

PLUS, my fiance surprised me yesterday with Jillian Michaels' vinyl kettlebell set!!! 5lb, 10lb and 15lb kettlebells. I have Shred It with Weights, so I watched the intro video after the Shred today. I love my kettlebells and I'm definitely thinking of doing Shred It with Weights next, after this round of the 30 Day Shred.

THEN, I hopped on the treadmill for ten minutes, doing all-out sprint intervals. Pushed myself beyond what I felt I could do, and it felt amazing. I'm back at this thang. Blog post to come later today, perhaps.

Have a GREAT weekend, everyone, great job on sticking with this workout program!!! :-D
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Day 8 of level 1 completed. Also did 1st day on 6P6W and OMG killer or what. Planks so suck!!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Day 8 of level 1 completed. Also did 1st day on 6P6W and OMG killer or what. Planks so suck!!!

Agreed! Though, my arms are becoming stronger and stronger the more I push myself with those darn planks.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I forgot to mention, I did my first REAL rockstar jumps during Level 3 today. Success!! :-D
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Day 2 Level 3 completed today! :)

Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend.
  • kalia87
    kalia87 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm in I will try to do L2 for 30 days in a row Lets help each other out :)
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Back on track.....on L1D4. I took some time off...I really hurt my ankle/shin my first attempt through. I think I was doing the side lunges with the lateral pull ups (not sure exactly what the move is called) incorrectly. I was having trouble walking for days!

Feeling much better this time around.....feeling the burn! Going to stick it out on L1 for a few more days, as I'm still struggling through the first round of cardio and have to take a 5 second break between the jumping jacks and jump rope. Once I don't need that break, I'm moving up! Almost there! I don't take any breaks the rest of the workout.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Level 3 - complete yeah! Also did 25mins on the treadmill!! Keeping up pretty good!!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Day 3 Level 3 completed first thing this morning. Planning a 20 minute run on the treadmill for this evening.
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I start Level 3 on Thursday... I'm a little scared! I can't believe the end is in sight either! I have managed (so far) to do the Shred every night without missing a night. Level 2 has kicked my butt though! I even got in a brisk walk after completing it last night. So I have a question for everyone about to finish up, what's next? Will you do another Jillian Michael's workout? Or do something completely different? I only workout at home so I need a idea for the "after the Shred". I've heard that the On Demand station on cable has some workouts I may check that out.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I completed Day 4 Level 3 yesterday evening, along with 30 minutes on the stationary bike. This morning, 20 minutes on the treadmill, and Shred this evening. Getting SO CLOSE to the end of this round, yay!! :-D

Jami22 -- I just got a set of Jillian's vinyl kettlebells, and I have Shred It with Weights. I'm thinking of doing that one next. And, I've wanted to give Ripped in 30 a try, too. Plus, I've always got my ongoing run training. :)
  • Jami22
    Options
    I started level 3 last night... Wow! It kicked my butt, however I still dislike level 2 the most! ;O) Here's to 9 more days to go! I have been adding in a 26 minute workout with Chris Freytag (off of my OnDemand channel) and between the two I'm staying pretty sore.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Jami, I agree about Level 2, wholeheartedly!! Glad that's over! ;)

I completed Day 7 Level 3 today. Only three days to go!!! :-D
  • emeraldthunder
    Options
    I'm so sad, I missed two days this weekend :/ I unexpectedly had to spend the weekend with a friend and I completely missed saturday and sunday. I'll do it tonight, but I'm not sure if I should start over tomorrow :/
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    completed day 10 of level 3 !!! did pretty good. I feel more tone and stronger but didn't lose any weight :( !
    I am going to start the biggest loser boot camp. I am also going to satrt tracking my food a little more closely jsut to see where I can improve. Not that I really have too lose - but I am at the top of my range .... I am hoping it is just muscle weight LOL . I feel good and my clothes fit ... sometimes I get stuck on a number!!

Anyway I will ocntinue on this journey with the Biggest Loser DVDs

Hope everyone has a happy healthy day!!!
  • Jami22
    Options
    completed day 10 of level 3 !!! did pretty good. I feel more tone and stronger but didn't lose any weight :( !

Way to go!!! I'm on Level 3, Day 6. I'm excited to be finishing but have to make my mind up about what i'm going to replace it with!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I'm so sad, I missed two days this weekend :/ I unexpectedly had to spend the weekend with a friend and I completely missed saturday and sunday. I'll do it tonight, but I'm not sure if I should start over tomorrow :/

I've missed a day here and there, no big deal. It's up to you whether you'd like to start over or just keep going. Best wishes!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I am going to start the biggest loser boot camp. I am also going to satrt tracking my food a little more closely jsut to see where I can improve. Not that I really have too lose - but I am at the top of my range .... I am hoping it is just muscle weight LOL . I feel good and my clothes fit ... sometimes I get stuck on a number!!

Anyway I will ocntinue on this journey with the Biggest Loser DVDs

Hope everyone has a happy healthy day!!!

CONGRATS!!!! You did it!! I didn't lose any weight my first time through the Shred either, but I definitely was more toned and much stronger. That's a big thing. The number will go down, just keep up the good work, and best wishes on the Biggest Loser DVDs!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I have TWO Level 3workouts to complete, one this evening and one tomorrow morning. THEN, results!! I'm so excited! I cannot wait!!! :-D

I would have been finished by now except I took a couple of days off due to a painful, draining TOM over the weekend.

After completing this round of the Shred, I'm looking forward to continuing my running and as for strength training, I'm moving along to Jillian's Shred It with Weights, so I can make good use of the new kettlebell set my fiance gifted me with a couple of weeks ago. :)
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm just finding this thread. Today is my D3 of L1 of the 30DS. I'll be reading up more on everyone's comments when I get home later!