New Round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me! Cont'd....

Options

Replies

• AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Morning!!! Well today started off bright and early with some Plyo! Tonight at fit club, we're doing Cardio X, so should be a good calorie burn kind of day! Woo hoo!!!! Eating is going really good, proud of myself and I am hungry all the time!!!!! I guess that's a good thing, means the ol' metabolism is on fire! I'll take that!

Michelle: Woo hoo!!!! Day 38, you go girl! What's on tap today?

AnnMarie: WOW!!! Your pics are fantastic! You should be very proud of your accomplishments! I can totally see a difference! I'm so happy for you! You are an inspiration to so many people, you have no idea! Keep up the good work!

Mak: Wow!!! This is week 12 for you already?!!! Way to go girl! What's next? Have you thought about it?

Hello to Bob, Liz and the others! Hope you have a great, healthy day today!

Deb

Cardio X sounds like fun. I've got CST & ARX tonight. Maybe if I have time I'll see about swinging down after heading home for my gym stuff, doing Fit Club, then heading home for my regularly scheduled workout. Decisions, decisions.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Bob: Have you seen the Iron Gym pull up bar? Doesn't require any installation and it's not as expensive. Sounds like it might be too late for that though. Wow! 4am! Nighty night!

That's what I have (Iron Gym)...it won't fit in my doorframe of the hotel. The door is too wide and Iron Gym doesn't make extensions. Oh well...
  • reepobob
    Options
    Hey gang! Greetings!

Got my Yoga-X on tonight and I held Crane for about 10 seconds (that's good for me). I always feel like a million bucks when I finish Yoga-X. Onto Kenpo-X tomorrow for recovery week day 3.

Great job on the 30 day milestone, AnnMarie! You are doing great! I can definitely see a difference!

You guys doing two a days are nuts (in a good way)!

I've been gone two days from home and I already miss my family tremendously. The one good thing about being on the road is I am actually more disciplined with P90X. What else am I going to do cooped up in a hotel?

Take care, all and keep BRINGING IT!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Sorry folks, but a regimented P90X schedule just isn't in the cards for me apparently. I slipped and fell yesterday and did something "minor" to my ACL knee, but it was enough to cause swelling and pain and the doctor told me to take it easy for at least a week (hallelujah that he said I still had an ACL because I was freaking out!) . I can sit in a chair and do some weight exercises and maybe some situps but that's about it. It seems like every week my body has some new issue that screams at me to stop pounding it so hard. And at this rate I will never finish the whole 90 days by summer. So I may pop in from time to time to say hello and see how everyone else is doing, but this round of P90X is pretty much over for me unfortunately. It's time to focus on healing.
    Keep on bringing it!!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    @lizard: That really stinks! Sorry to hear about the injury. Hopefully you can get completely healed up and back at it soon.

I'm getting back on the wagon. I took some undesired time off (alarm clock and baby issues), but am back today. Somehow, I just can't get my workout done at night. I like to spend time with my boys when I get home, and once they're in bed, it's my time to do other chores, and hang out with hubby. So... I just did the Chest/Shoulders/Tri workout that I was supposed to do Monday. I'm hoping I can double-up one day, maybe Saturday, and get back on track.

I tried making a protein shake on my way out the door this morning... FAIL! I added instant coffee (w/chocolate protein powder and almond milk) to try to make it like a mocha. I think I added too much coffee, because it was pretty bitter. I even tried doctoring it up with some stevia once I got to work, but even that didn't help. Oh well, I'll probably try again tomorrow.

Make it a great day!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    @lizard: That really stinks! Sorry to hear about the injury. Hopefully you can get completely healed up and back at it soon.

I'm getting back on the wagon. I took some undesired time off (alarm clock and baby issues), but am back today. Somehow, I just can't get my workout done at night. I like to spend time with my boys when I get home, and once they're in bed, it's my time to do other chores, and hang out with hubby. So... I just did the Chest/Shoulders/Tri workout that I was supposed to do Monday. I'm hoping I can double-up one day, maybe Saturday, and get back on track.

I tried making a protein shake on my way out the door this morning... FAIL! I added instant coffee (w/chocolate protein powder and almond milk) to try to make it like a mocha. I think I added too much coffee, because it was pretty bitter. I even tried doctoring it up with some stevia once I got to work, but even that didn't help. Oh well, I'll probably try again tomorrow.

Make it a great day!

Take a look at the Designer Whey website, under the community section there are recipes and there a few that use coffee. I am sure you can switch out the protein mix for whatever brand you are using. My daughter loves the one with the pumpkin (I leave out the protein mix for her's, lol)

http://www.designerwhey.com/designer-pre-post-workout-recipes.htm

Good luck getting back on track this week :-)
    Rebecca
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Michelle: Woo hoo!!!! Day 38, you go girl! What's on tap today?

Of course on the day you call me out, I ended up missing the workout! EEk! BUT.....I made up for it today - Did Zumba + Abs + about 30-40 minutes of Chest Shoulders and Triceps - I skipped the warm-up (I was pretty warm after zumba) and did not make it all the way through (had to fix lunch for the 2 kids at home, and then pick up the other 2 kids from school, etc) - somewhere in there I took a shower too!

Tomorrow I am going to NYC to see Rachel Ray! Woo Hoo! I may have to swap a rest day for Legs and Back - but I will make it up - I love Legs and Back!
  • reepobob
    Options
    @Liz...I feel so bad for you. I would be kicking and screaming like a two year old if I got set back right now. The last time I hurt myself, I ended up taking a 2 1/2 year break. I think my discipline is much higher now, but I don't want to chance it. Here's hoping that you get well very soon and can get back at it. Your progress was awesome!

I got my Kenpo-X on tonight as part of my third day of Phase 2 recovery. X-Stretch is tomorrow, but I might jump on the hotel elliptical to burn a few calories to give me a meal cushion. I am down to 1330 calories net per day and that is not nearly enough to keep me sustained on a light work out day. I think my metabolism is up because I am hungry all of the time!

Take all, all and as always, keep BRINGING IT!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! Whew! Another killer workout day! This morning I cranked out Turbo Fire 30 and ARX and tonight, I just got done with Back & Biceps! A whopping 701 calories gone thanks to exercise! Woo hoo!!!! My middle is feeling tighter and I have a feeling it's in part because of my eating, it's going really well and I have my mind set on a goal, I'm determined to reach it!

Liz: I totally agree with Bob. I feel bad too; you were really hitting it hard girl! I'd be having a fit if I got injured now or anytime! I really hope you heal up and get back at it; we'll be here or at least on MFP!

Bob: Nice job as always! I hear ya on the being hungry all the time! Me too!!!!

Michelle: You're funny...no worries! You made it up, good girl! lol Have fun at Rachel Ray tomorrow! That's awesome! I love her!

Jenna: Ummm....sorry but your shake sounded yucky. Have you given Shakeology a try?! OMG! Like dessert in a cup! You know how I feel about it! Best stuff on earth!!!! In fact, I'm waiting for my next delivery to arrive any day!

Hope everyone has a great night! Good job on the workouts! Keep brining it!

Deb
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    First day of CST and i busted my shoulder. The push ups killed me. I can't even do one proper push up and every second exercise of this DVD is push up. HATE IT! Aarghhhhhh! Sorry. Had to let it out.
  • becca0211
    Options
    First day of CST and i busted my shoulder. The push ups killed me. I can't even do one proper push up and every second exercise of this DVD is push up. HATE IT! Aarghhhhhh! Sorry. Had to let it out.
    I hear you, this is probably my least favorite workout. :sad: But I figure it is only 1 workout in the week and push (no pun intended) through it. Hope your shoulder is better soon. :smile:
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Week 8 day 3 kenpo x. Had a great workout tonight!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

@becca: Thanks for that site! I definitely have some good ideas now.

@Bob: I am the same way with taking time off - if I take one day, it turns into a week, then a month, and on and on. The accountability of this thread keeps me going, and I don't want to risk getting too far off track.

@soccermum: CST is my least favorite so far. I feel so incompetent compared to the other workouts.

@Deb: Today's shake was much better! I toned the coffee WAY down, and it was pretty tasty. I'm not a big fan of artificial sweeteners, so the protein powder I use is made with stevia. Do you know what Shakeology has in it for sweetener? I might be interested in giving it a try... I keep going back and forth about it in my mind.

@jataijah: Nice work sticking with it! 8 weeks is longer than I've been able to stick with any exercise routine. I'm hoping to get there soon, though.

Today was PLYO! For some reason, today it wiped me out.
  • soccermum75
    Options
    Just did KENPO X. I used 1 lb dumbells that have a strap for the hands. The strap secured them so i wasn't afraid that they would go flying on the TV. Made the workout so much more fun. My heart rate actually stayed up the whole time. I figured, it's the same as having boxing gloves on. I had bought 1 lb weighted gloves but they were too big for my hands. 1 lb was just enough that i had to punch harder but could make through the whole workout.
  • soccermum75
    Options
    My shoulder is totally healed. I used some chinese rubbing oil and some anti-inflammatories yesterday. That chinese oil does miracle when i get injured.
  • soccermum75
    Options
    Becca: thanks for the encouragement, you are right, CST is only once a week so only 2 more times in this block. Makes me so much more serene now:) or is that yoga effect:)
  • heabear
    heabear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello all!! Its been crazy here cause I flew out tuesday to come visit my parents with the baby. So monday night did cardio X at 10pm to get it in after the baby was asleep and tuesday did shoulders and arms right before the shuttle came and picked us up for the airport so had to skip ABX but so happy I've never been this motivated to keep going and never before would fit in exercises!! Also did yoga X yesterday at my parents and today is Legs and Back and this time I will do abx!! Keeping it up even though I'm at the parents!!! So bring it!!!! Heather
  • reepobob
    Options
    Hello all!! Its been crazy here cause I flew out tuesday to come visit my parents with the baby. So monday night did cardio X at 10pm to get it in after the baby was asleep and tuesday did shoulders and arms right before the shuttle came and picked us up for the airport so had to skip ABX but so happy I've never been this motivated to keep going and never before would fit in exercises!! Also did yoga X yesterday at my parents and today is Legs and Back and this time I will do abx!! Keeping it up even though I'm at the parents!!! So bring it!!!! Heather

Way to stay committed!...it is so tough when you travel...especially by plane.
  • reepobob
    Options
    Hey gang! I have a question about weighted gloves...the last four or five times that I have done Kenpo-X I have had an average heart rate around 135. I would prefer to have it in the 150-160 range. I am giving it my my all (turn-your-hips-everytime!) even to the point of starting the set early if I know what is coming...I jump around during the "breaks" and my HR always ends up peaking around 150 and then settles into the 135 range. Do weighted gloves get your heart rate up more or are they mostly for just toning? I will invest in those puppies if I know I will get a better burn...Looking for an edge.

Thanks. Got X-Stretch tonight...my calories for the day are anemic...ugh...
  • becca0211
    Options
    Hey gang! I have a question about weighted gloves...the last four or five times that I have done Kenpo-X I have had an average heart rate around 135. I would prefer to have it in the 150-160 range. I am giving it my my all (turn-your-hips-everytime!) even to the point of starting the set early if I know what is coming...I jump around during the "breaks" and my HR always ends up peaking around 150 and then settles into the 135 range. Do weighted gloves get your heart rate up more or are they mostly for just toning? I will invest in those puppies if I know I will get a better burn...Looking for an edge.

Thanks. Got X-Stretch tonight...my calories for the day are anemic...ugh...
    I'm interested to hear what people have to say about this. Now that I am using a HRM I have noticed that my calories burned have been decreasing and my heart rate isn't quite as high. Nothing too dramatic, maybe I just need the recovery week :glasses: . (Starting week 8 recovery on Saturday)