Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - April Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Why am I not surprised this group is jumping like crazy!! I am back from vacation and I have not weighed yet. As I said before I left that I just wanted to be back at 169 by the end of the month. This is will be challenging in itself since we got engaged and there will be more get togethers than I know what to do with. I am still getting back into the swing of things and I am still a little sick from before my trip. My focus is to eat healthy and get back into healthy mode. I want to workout at least 1 time a week as soon as I feel better. I have been walking but nothing serious. I am so happy it is crazy!! So here are my goals!!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Aly- You totally glossed over the fact that you got engaged!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is super exciting! I hope that Hawaii was amazing and since you are wearing a sparkler now it seems that it probably was just that!!! I'm so happy for you!

Tara- I think you have the right attitude, as always! I am definitely one of those believers in positive thinking and maybe you can think the weight into coming off :) Keep up the great work!

Meag- Ahh Coffee! So delicious! But like Tara said just be careful to try and get in as much extra waters as possible that way you don't get dehyrated. Your meals have been sounding delicious lately! And you just seem in an all around better place and making the consious effort to get to the best place! I'm so happy for you!

AFM- Been CRAZY busy at work. I wasn't able to get in my breakfast this morning because of meetings and such- in turn this has lead to increased snacking. Still way within my cals, but I pre-plan all of my food to help good choices and hitting up the little store downstairs from work is not in the plan. Oh well! Keep on keeping on right.

Did spin this morning and my legs are super sore, but I am considering tackling another outside run tomorrow am. My work has a nice asphalt path around it that is a mile long and they have the markers. It has some hills but nothing too crazy so hopefully I can do 3 loops. Fingers crossed! Keep up the great work ladies!!

Megan
  • blondiecheme
    blondiecheme Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I just stumbled upon this post but I would love to join you all! I don't have many "friends" on here, but I would love to meet some people in my same situation and age group so we can motivate each other and keep each other on track so we all achieve our goals : )

I am totally in for a challenge!

My goals:
    limit beer/alchohol to only once a week and in moderation
    stay under my calorie goal 6/7 days a week
    gym time at least 3 times a week : )
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Meag – I love shopping with my mom too. So looking forward to having her here next month :D
    And you meal plan makes me want to some home-cooked Chinese…yum!

Tara – thanks :) You are as usual doing a great job!!

Aly – Congratulations!! I’d say just enjoy this phase and get a workout whenever possible. Since you now have a reason, you’ll do much better with the weight loss.

Meagn – You are doing so well too. Keep it up!

Blondiecheme – Welcome!! You will love this group. Everyone here is extremely supportive.

AFM – Same as yesterday :) Lost 0.7lbs in the last 2 weeks. Weight loss has slowed down but it’s still happening.
  • spellbinder25
    Options
    adding blondiecheme to the list:

smashlee1984-curb fastfood eating, complete ripped in 30 (6x/week for 4 weeks), make an effort to be thankful and happy and make healthy (fitness and lifestyle choices)
    wardiemelissa (Melissa)-continue to maintain weight between 120-125 lbs; exercise routine 5 days running, 2 days strength, 1 day rest (long run 10+miles on Sundays), continue to test out new recipes (including new fruits and veggies), and making more time for my family
    alwhisler-drink 64oz daily, lose 5 lbs, work out 3x/week, no beer.
    halina20-lose 5 lbs, finish insanity, stay away from jammy dodgers, run 30 mins straight, drink lots of water.
    kvr414-Lose 2 lbs, continue limiting fat intake to >45g/day. Increase a low carb/low GI lifestyle. stay committed to this thread!
    mkingraham (Megan)- Lose 7 lbs, strength train at least once a week (we're going to start easy), and run 3 times a week.
    springstorm: Lose 7 lbs, drink water 64 oz/day, exercise 3x/week, No binges, log everything, sacrifice soda.
    crystalfaith: workout at LEAST 4 days a week, continue progressing through the C25k challenge, drink more water!
    ngoat: (nancy) lose 3lbs, work out 3x/week and drink more water
    spellbinder25: (1)Lose 4 lbs, (2) Run 3 times/week, (3) Run 3 miles on the treadmill by the end of April, (4) Do strength training 3 times/week.
    shannonaufman: lose 6 pounds, walk 50 total miles, drink 64+ oz of water daily, continue C25K, run an entire 5K
    meagalayne- maintain between 125-128lbs; continue with YogaFit once a week; increase my H2O consumption to at least 6 cups a day; quit my job by May 1st; take time every day to feel happy and enjoy the journey!
    Rachellynch83: drink at least 64oz of water a day, keep up with c25k, finish 30 Day shred, increase outdoor family activities
    missjaygraham87 (Jay): Lose 7 lbs, do pilates 3x/week, walk the dog daily, start C25K, drink 7 glasses of water daily.
    edryer123-GW 138, and to get in a 10 minute mile by the end of the month.
    tjradd73-to lose 8lbs, drink 70ozs of water/day, 3 days/arms, 3 days/abs, >90minutes cardio/week.
    hroush-break 190, workout 3+ days a week.
    yvalcaraz-(Yolanda)-Complete 30 day shred, Run for 3 miles w/o stopping, 1000 crunches 3x week, Lose 8lbs, Weight lifting class 2x week
    silhouetted25 (Samantha) -1. Go to the gym at least 4 times a week, but would like to hit 5 times 2. Cut out most white flour products/pastas/breads & eat mainly whole wheat or gluten free 4. Eat more grains and lentils 5. Go on a hike 6. Balance work and working out effectively
    terrilien21 - Drink at least 5 glasses of water a day, get in at least 4 workouts a week, have one cheat day a week (saturday), no beer, stay positive!!
    fitmommy2012- lose 6 lbs, P90x everyday, at least 6 cups of water a day, be happy with self, stay motivated
    Sambloid - Lose 10 lbs and be able to do 50 push ups
    Meggonkgonk- To reach 137lbs, to run my 10k course at least 1x, Run my 4m run at 9:30
    Allie7383- start and stick with ChaLean Extreme, bust out of the 150's, continue to work on my running, cook more often, and stop making excuses!
    Finncmh- loss on scale, get back to lifting, run 2-3 times a week, complete 5k April 17th, walk to work at least 3 times a week, better presence on thread than March
    lizzymaez - eat healthier/watching calories, start riding 2-3 times a week, cardio/running at least 3 times a week, and yoga at least twice a week.
    jennro7781 to lose 10lbs
    lemmyhead: log everything every day, exercise 3x week (this doesn't include my walk to work every day), sign up for and start training for the 10km run that will be held on June 19th.
    WanderLaura: Lose 10 pounds; Eat meat a maximum of 1 time/ day (no pork or beef); Jog 3x/ week for a total of 24 miles/ month! :); Do strength-building exercises 2x/ week! ; Be able to do 5 push ups with no knees by May 1st . :)
    emmarie1630-lose 5 pounds, bootcamp 3-4x/week, more sleep, less stress, tons of water
    shelsab- lose 5 lbs. run 3xweek. limit my sweets.
    JessYas-100 PushUp Challenge and lunges at least 3x/week, and get down to a scale weight of 133. Also, I'm cutting out alcohol again! Yes! :)
    mikmakmom- Get into the 130s (lose 4lbs)
    rai8759: 162 lbs by 4/25, 150 min cardio per week, drink 8 cups of water a day and eat at least one fresh fruit or veggie per day
    Goffb28: Lose 5lbs & job on treadmill for 20 minutes straight.
    kayakawaii- lose 5 pounds; eat fruit EVERY DAY; and not drink AT ALL this month
    fromaquizer- Reach first GW; strength train 3times/week and run 2times/week; ake my food everyday (no emergency takeaways!)
    amandamcphee23- Eat clean; Stay within calorie range; Have interval running incorporated into my walks (up to 5:1's run/walk); Get my partner motivated; Keep coffee consumption to 1 cup a day
    lostalykat- get back to 169(before hawaii weight) get back into healthy eating. Work out at least 1 time a week and do yoga 1 time a week. Be calm and collective for wedding planning!
    blondiecheme - limit beer/alchohol to only once a week and in moderation, stay under my calorie goal 6/7 days a week, gym time at least 3 times a week : )
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Thanks everyone, This has truly been an amazing past week or so. I can't even explain it. The good thing is my body was craving healthy foods and I was able to fit into my snug jeans still, win win! I will weigh in on thursday and have that as my new starting weight for the wedding! So excited! As I said there are lots of gatherings and tastings and other things going on in celebration but I am going to make sure I enjoy it and take everything in moderation. This Bride to Be is so ecstatic!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Aly-CONGRATS!!!

Megan-If all it took was thinking...I would def spend the amount of time that I do on working out, on that instead! LOL Plans don't always go the way they are suppossed to...so great job stayin under your cals still :) Good luck on your run!

Blondie-welcome to the group!! Great goals you have set for yourself :)

Spell-I feelya on the slow weightloss! In March I had 3 weeks that went up down -up down 0.6lbs!! Yikes! Its bound to happen though...and my first week in April I lost 2!! Hopefully the scale will be kind to you as well :)

AFM-I decided to take the night off from work...after I thought about it, and my WI being tomorrow I got a little nervous of what would happen on the scale! I purposefully made my WI after my 3- 12's at work since I knew that I ALWAYS do good at work, plus walk a ton while I am there too...with having off tonight I will not be getting in the walking and my fridge is right here staring at me in the face!! LOL Even though today was my rest day technically...I decided to get in some turbo jam, upper body, and stretching for good measure! I will for sure get in all of my water like normal, and I will just plan on staying under my cal goal by eating similar to how I would if I was at work! Wish me luck!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Tara - Wishing you luck but I know you don't need it! You work super hard, you always have a plan, and you have incredible determination and will power. I know you're going to kick *kitten*. Even if the scale doesn't agree tomorrow, it will in the very near future. You are getting so close to your goals, it's just a matter of time before you're in the maintenance club with Melissa and I :bigsmile:

Speaking of which... Sooo many of you ladies are SO close to your GWs! It seems like only yesterday we were just getting this thing started up and had such lofty goals and long-term plans. I can't believe how quickly those 6-7 months have FLOWN by and what incredible progress so many of us have made (I've lost 22lbs since joining MFP! :noway:). I just wanted to point out how freaking proud I am of you ladies :drinker: To those who have stuck it out with this thread for months and made such amazing changes in their life, you should truly be proud of yourself and the commitment you've made and kept to living healthier, more active lives.

And for those who are new to the thread, consider this a fair warning - Progress is very real around these parts so get ready to kick *kitten* and reach your goals! This kind of success is contagious, folks! :laugh:

Aly - I've said it already on your profile but CONGRATS! I know how thrilled you must be :bigsmile: And I am happy to hear you had such a wonderful trip. How was the race!?! I want to know all about it! Deets, woman! And good luck on your WI. I know you have struggled a lot with the scale in the past so don't get discouraged if you see a gain. Your skinny jeans still fit, after all, so how much harm could have been done? Just get back on the wagon and kick some serious *kitten*!

Spell - Do it! Chinese food is sooo yummy :) Also, send me/post your fave home-cooked recipe. I am always dying to make authentic Indian food (and you always have awesome Indian dishes in your diary) but I never know what to make.... Indian cuisine was a staple in my diet before losing weight and I want to try to find ways to incorporate it now, but am very weary of the fat content and all the carbs. I know that so much can be done with all the amazing spice mixtures.... I just need to harness those flavour profiles and use them to my advantage. Any suggestions would be amazing! Thanks! :happy:

Blondie - Welcome! :flowerforyou: This group is truly amazing. Hope you find the motivation and support that you're looking for!

AFM - Today rocked. I really made the best of it. Despite some major troubles and frustrations this afternoon, I really pushed my limits at the gym and got an awesome workout, and I ate well and drank lots of water. Had some wicked good meals, and although I didn't stick with my meal plan as posted yesterday, time wise, I ate all of those foods at some point or another, plus a whole bunch else. Was under my cals, under my carbs, well under sodium and had tons of great protein, healthy fat, and loads of fruit + veggies. Great day!

I am starting a new weight-lifting routine that I have yet to plan out, exactly. But once I get all the specifics pinned down I'll post my schedule. Today I did abs, back, triceps and some cardio (plus pushups for good measure). Felt awesome. Next up is Thurs abs, chest and biceps plus cardio. For tomorrow - YOGA! Wooot!

OK I am exhausted and need to get to bed asap. Hope y'all had an amazing day - See you tomorrow! :heart:
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Meag- Thanks so much for your congratulations, I couldn't be happier right now. I am already starting planning and loving every minute of it!

The race- I kicked *kitten* in the swim, it was .98 and I did it in 31 minutes, which is amazing for me. It was so beautiful seeing schools of fish in the water while racing. It didn't even feel like a race until I was kicked in the face hah. The bike was a little harder. It was 84 degree's with 40mph winds. It was like a hairdryer was blowing on you the whole time. Even the downhill was rough. I apparently didn't have enough nutrition or something because the run was really rough. I struggle with running more than I let on and It was hard for me being dehydrated or something. I started off with a headache but pushed through with my 9 and 1 run walk. It was pretty painful and I tried to rehydrate but it was really hard. I ended up beating my last time by 10 minutes or so. I finished in 3:20:06 So with the harsh conditions I would call it a win. At first I was discouraged because I had some first time triathletes on my team who beat me but I have to remember you are only racing yourself.

The proposal: We went from Kona, where the race was, to Oahu after a few days. We were staying with my friend in downtown so it was a little crazy. We went from Beach to bar pretty much everyday. Lots of partying and lots of fun. It honestly wore me out. On the 3rd day we decided to kayak out to this small island that was on a little beach about an hour kayak away. I figured since we were with my friend the whole time Jason wouldn't propose. Apparently that morning he told my friend that he was going to do it so she knew to walk away when he gave her the signal hehe. He got down on one knee on the rocks with the beautiful Hawaiian islands behind him and asked me to marry him. The first words out of my mouth were "OMG you are not doing this right now" It was truly magical.

We ended up partying the last full night we had pretty hard and came home somewhat sick. I have to say it was all worth it. I thought I might get sick anyways since I was before I left and this bug that has been going around seems to stick around for a while.

I am back and eating as healthy as possible, I also had to visit a teammate in the hospital who had a stroke last night which was rough to see so I picked up Chinese takeout for dinner and called it an early night. I ordered the soup so I know it was fairly healthy. I have been really good since I got back and as I said I am going to take this as a new starting point. I am back with my healthy oatmeal and hope to be back in action soon with the workouts for my next triathlon. We are going to get a coach and I want to work in weight lifting into my routines more and get nice and toned for my wedding. We are planning spring, summer or early fall of 2012 so I have some time. Ill be back with my crazy workouts as soon as I can do them. Thanks again everyone for the well wishes, I feel more happy and loved right now than ever. Who cares if I am sick :love:
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Aly: CONGRATS!!! That proposal sounds like something out of a movie. :love:
    Meag: Great to see you being able to get some workouts again, I have really seen the old Meag shinning through :smile:
    Tara: Try not to stress about the WI you have done an amazing job so far.. don't get your self down. You will do great.

Afm: Another long Wednesday... I had a bad couple of days argueing with the husband :frown: , but I think things are looking up.. As far as the job front- I think the high from putting in my notice (a couple of months notice) has worn off and I am back in my slump, but I am trying to keep my head up. I finally talked to my manager at my second job and asked if I could get more hours/ change my schedule around etc. I have been putting it off thinking "well it isn't going to happen no need to ask" well I finally got tired of my thoughts today and asked.. and guess what it worked out :happy: . This might sound stupid but it is a big win for me.. I need to take control of my life and stop complaining and doubting myself.. Eating has been going pretty well nothing amazing but it is coming along.. Exercise is another story.. but i am geared up today and it is going to happen...

Sorry for the rant... :ohwell: I hope everyone is doing well and having a good day today.. Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone!

aly-congrats on the engagement and the race!!! AWesome job!

meag-great time at the gym! Great job rocking it today!!

Megan: good luck on your run...you can do it!

AFM: Nothing too much going on. Working. blah lol. But I am going skiing all weekend with my 2 sisters so I am stoked about that!!!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Meag-thanks so much for your kind words girly!! I know I always freak when it comes to the scale...the scale for me is kinda like clean eating for you! LOL we will both get past our little "obsessions" though...I know it! :blushing: Great job on starting a new strength routine...that may be just the thing you need to ensure that you don't lose anymore weight, but still maintain the healthy range that you are in :)

Aly-2 huge congrats for you!! CONGRATS again for your engagement...it was super sweet how he did it! and CONGRATS on beating your tri time!! Just to be able to say that you have competed in not only 1, but 2 now is a huge accomplishment, and you should be proud for doing it no matter what! :drinker:

Nancy- thanks! and congrats on getting up the nerve and willpower to be able to talk to your boss...it is just one step closer to finding out who the real you is, and what she can accomplish! WTG! I'm glad the eating is coming around...and the working out will catch up...no worries. :wink:

shelsab-have fun skiing!! :smile:

AFM-WI today...down -2.2lbs! whew! another one bites the dust! LOL :laugh: UPDATE on goals: wk1-3/3 abs/arms-done, 125/90 min cardio-done, 7/7 on getting all of my water! wk2- 3/3 abs/arms-done, 123/90min cadio-done, 7/7 on getting all of my water. 4.2/8lbs lost so far for the month :) Big milestone for me today...I am down exactly 90lbs even from my heaviest as of today's WI!! :bigsmile:
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Aly -- I got engaged last summer (and married at the beginning of March), and that's EXACTLY what I said to my now husband when he was still down on one knee "you are NOT doing this right now!" haha. Congratulations. Enjoy every moment of this phase of your life. It flies by.

For the many of you who are engaged on this site, if I could offer one little bit of advice that someone gave to me: remember. you are getting married -- not weddinged! All you need is two people who are in love, the officiant, and the requisite witnesses. Everything else is celebration -- fun celebration, but celebration nonetheless. So slow down and enjoy this!! :smile:

Nancy -- things have this crazy way of working out, even when we think they won't. Great job staying positive!!

Meag -- I know I'm new to this group, but I can't tell you how motivational you and everyone else has been these past few weeks. I know many people on here are nearing their goals weights, but I really hope this group sticks around for a few more month!! You have really inspired me to push through the not-so-good days and keep my head up and stay strong. You really give me hope that I can reach (and pass) my goals. So thank you, really. Thank you (to you and everyone else in this group).

AFM -- The above thank yous are mostly because of this: I ran week 5 day 3 of couch to 5k today. 20 minutes -- without stopping!! Can you believe it?? Who knew I could do that? Because I sure as *kitten* didn't!!! I'm at a convention at a state park here in tennessee, so I ran around the park. There were some pretty rough hills, but I powered through and DID IT! I burst into tears at the end, and threw my arms up in the air... you would have thought I'd just finished a marathon. I've never stuck with a workout routine ever in my life, so the fact that I've made it this far... well, I'm really proud of myself. And I'm never proud of myself when it comes to exercise. You all have really inspired me and made me believe that I can do it. I feel like I can do anything right now! (Can you tell I'm on an endorphin high?? haha)

Eating has been pretty good for me, but I usually don't have a problem with my eating. It's the exercising I have problems with. But I think I've conquered that!! Hopefully.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Shannon-CONGRATS on your run!! MFP has been a great help for all of us on here! It is def a great feeling when you have built up your endurance enough to be able to run 20 minutes straight! You are killin that 5K program...keep it up!
  • spellbinder25
    Options
    Meag – Indian food in restaurants in full of cards & fat. At home it’s usually pretty healthy. I’ll send you some recipes and tips…over the weekend mostly. Let me know if there’s any specific one(s) you are looking for.

Ngoat – Good to know things are working out for you on all fronts :)

Tara – :D You are awesome girl!!

Shannonaufman – Congrats on your run! I just completed the C25k in Feb (with a lot of support from this group) and know exactly how you feel :)
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Shannon- Thanks for the congrats. Your wedding picture looks really cute! Thanks for the advice, I plan to soak all of this up! Good job on the run btw :drinker:

Meag- So good to see you posting, I have to say I missed you hehe.

Good Morning everyone! I am so glad that I am feeling better today! I am not 100% better yet so I should take it easy a few more days but feeling like I am on the road to recovery! I hate being sick, but who doesn't.

Today was my Weigh In Day after 10 days on vacation without tracking anything, I was happily surprised that I have only gained 1.2. My mom gained 3.5 on her trip, but she didn't do a triathlon haha. So I think it is totally doable to get back down to 169 by the end of the month as long as I don't go too crazy.

I was uploading vacation pictures to Facebook last night and got a little bummed. I guess I was hoping I would see a huge difference in my body after losing 20lbs since my last vacation but all I could see was where I want to improve more. I really want to work on toning since I have good stamina for endurance I just need to turn this jiggle to muscle. I am working with a coach this season instead of a team and they know that I want to tone up and lose weight so it will be good. It is a little on the pricey side but I am not letting myself buy clothes or any more race entries until I lose at least 5 pounds so I feel that it should even out. I want to lose 15-20 pounds for my wedding, I have about a year give or take to do it, I think it is totally possible.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I am obviously way overdue to check in this month.

So here is my confession...I have fallen off the wagon and have not had any sort of energy to pick myself back up. Work keeps dragging from department to department expecting me to fill in where others can't. I have been here for 8 years total but left for a month in between in hopes of finding a better future. Well the grass wasn't greener and I ended up right back here. I know a lot about the place so people come to me for everything. Just a month ago they hired a girl to do my job and demoted me. Only to be moved again and again and again. I am the lowest paid person by a few dollars in our dept but have the most experience and knowledge. So its kinda discouraging. My stepdad has already moved out to Arizona. My grandma's house was sold before it ever went on the market and is currently going through escrow. My mom will be listing her house (that I live in with my kids) shortly and moving to Arizona as well. I am stuck in California because of my son and his family here. And because jobs are hard to find, even though I am nothing closed to pleased with mine, at least I still have one here. But I have struggled for the past few years as a single mother to 2 kids while living with my parents so I am nowhere prepared to be on my own with the expenses I have in daycare and medical insurance. And then I feel as though my entire support system is up and leaving me. Just a lot to deal with all at once. So basically thats where all of my energy has gone. Mentally, I haven't had the energy to make the better decisions when it comes to food. And because I've been eating junk, I haven't had the energy to work out. Although I know a run or an hour of kickboxing would make me feel amazing!! I am hoping that mentally, I can get to the place that I need to be so that I can handle all of this. I miss the energy that I had when I was eating better and working out. I hate squeezing into my clothes and not feeling comfortable in my own skin because I let all of my hard work go to waste for a few bad food choices that skyrocketed into a daily thing. Wow...didn't mean for this to end up this long and for me to divulge this much information but I guess I don't know where else to turn. You ladies have been wonderful to me in the past and I guess thats just what I need again.

So...here's to being where I need to be...mentally and physically...for me and for my kids!! :drinker: Because at the end of the day, thats all that matters!!
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Hey All- Still here still logging and still reading. Just been so insanely busy at work this week that I havent had a chance to post on here. Pain in the butt to post from my phone when I am at home. Not too much new going on. Been walking a lot to work and getting some runs in for my 5k this Sunday. Should be interesting!

Aly- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I know all about the wedding craziness... I am less than 6 months away and its nuts, but Shannon is totally right. Its so hard not to get wrapped up in it but its all about the two of you!

Guam- Lady we are here for you. I dont want to just say its going to all be ok and sugar coat it. You have a lot on your plate right now lady so just take it one day at a time and you will get through it. Know that we are here for ya!

Everyone else, seems like you have been really Kicking *kitten* already this month! Some great WL I have seen and some awesome NSV's great job everyone keep it up!!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey folks... An thanks for the "welcome back" Aly! :wink: I know I've been hot and cold on here a little. Life's just been hectic and I have struggled with finding the motivation to write on here because I tend to just end up venting and being a major Debbie Downer. I really don't want to be coming on here just to moan and complain about my problems and so I've been somewhat absentee until I could get them figured out. I'm far from "sorted" with most of my life problems, but I feel like things are at the very least becoming manageable, so I am back in moderation for the time being.

Allllways hanging around MFP though, as most of you know, so drop me a line on my profile or in a PM if you ever have a question, need support, or just want to say hi. That goes for everyone :bigsmile:

Guam - Girl, it sounds like you need a BREAK. I can totally understand how suffocating and overwhelming it can be to feel like you have zero options. Even the smallest set-back can end up feeling like a massive rift in your life when nothing seems to be "turning up Bethany". This is how I've been feeling as well the last month or two. It's so hard to pick yourself up when you feel constantly beat down, and falling out of routine makes it that much more difficult to feel like you can regain some control and get back to feeling good about life again. I wish I had "the right stuff" in this regard - I struggle a lot with feeling helpless and out of control in life, generally, myself - and could give you some awesome advice but the best I can do is try to be a support system and tell you that I really do understand how demoralizing it can be and how hopeless one can feel under those circumstances. I really hope you can find some peace in those parts of your life that you can still control, find happiness in the small moments in your day that make you truly grateful (like motherhood, fitness, making good choices for you when you can, and taking time to appreciate the journey), and eventually find some workable solutions to your living and employment dilemmas. We all just have to do the best we can with the card's we're dealt. You're working hard, you're a great mother, and when you can find the energy and time you work hard at being good to yourself. You should be really proud of that - hold your head high, lady :smile: We're all here for you <<hugs>>

Aly - Sounds like you had an incredible trip! Only 1.2lbs up is GREAT for a holiday as wicked as yours. Despite the event, I'm sure you ate and drank like anyone would on vacation, so that gain is totally insignificant in the grand scheme. You'll be back down to the 160s in no time! When do we get to see these pics, anyway?!? Don't hold back from us now! :tongue:

Spell - Thanks! I'd love some healthified Indian recipes! Anything with eggplant would be amazing ... Either veg or meat dishes are preferred. I don't really eat bread, rice or anything too carb-heavy so those kinds of dishes are out for me. I also don't eat potatoes. I have been known to order/make Aloo Gobi from time to time, but I may as well try to steer clear to keep myself feeling balanced and in control with my carbs.... No sense making things harder than they need to be! Whatever you send will be happily received, though. I love new recipes and especially love trying new flavours and cuisines I'm not entirely comfortable with, just yet. Korean and Mexican I've got down to an art form. Indian is still a little rusty for me :laugh: But I'm learning!

Shannon - Thanks so much for such kind words :blushing: It's nice to see that people are still inspired by my progress and happy to read my long, blathering posts (you'd be amazed at how much MORE I used to post on these groups... :noway: these ladies can attest. I was an MFP-addict!). Don't you fret though - this group won't be going anywhere if I have my way! I love it here and while I've been maintaining now for a few months, I still get so much out of my friendships on MFP, including all of those I've forged in this group, and the new friendships I am building each and every month. No chance I'm giving that up! Great marriage/wedding advice, BTW - I HOPE CAIT WAS LISTENING TOO *ahem* :laugh:

Speaking of weddings.... Can you ladies believe I've never been to one? hah! This summer is my VERY FIRST wedding. Tyler's co-worker and close friend is getting married the weekend before the Warrior Dash. I've always managed to avoid weddings because I felt really uncomfortable and unattractive in tight or revealing clothing. I never wore dresses and I hated getting dressed up. I am SO excited for this occasion though, and for Ty to show me off to all his work friends :blushing: Who, apparently, think I'm a total babe. Will be a great opportunity to get these arms and shoulders totally RIPPED and then wear a fun cocktail dress to show them off. Can't wait! I think I may go down to the States to find something fun to wear... Should be a great shopping trip!

Eeek Work is quickly approaching. Working again Thurs/Fri/Sat 9pm-3am at my sketchy, dangerous awful job. Three more weeks and then HOME FREE! May 1st :drinker: And that just so happens to be the day Tyler officially takes possession of his apartment in Hamilton. Will definitely be a HUGE celebration on May 2nd :bigsmile: Lots of great life changes, that's for sure. Still mega stressed about not having a job after this one, but I am holding out hope that I'll find something soon... Eventually, something's gotta turn up. In the meantime I'm taking control of my fitness and my life and refusing to be a slave to carbs, calories, or this awful foot injury. LIFE GOES ON!

Have a great Friday everyone - I'll post an update once I get up, weigh-in and have some oats in my tummy :happy:
    Much love everyone :heart:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    OH! Nearly forgot....

WARRIOR DASH BUDDIES - Yesterday was April 13th which means we're exactly FOUR MONTHS away from the most awesome-est, incredible, KICK *kitten* MFP meet up of all time! :drinker: It's a fact!

Mark your calendars, folks. It's happening.