My Secret to Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    sounds so simple...

it's true, and it's hard to accept, but when you read it like that, i guess that's the only way you are going to get there.

sometimes we fall, and we just have to get back up and carry on.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    thankyou -

I have had a couple of weeks where I have seriously fallen off the wagon and not paid attention (not binging specifically, just ignoring my goals). My aim is to become healthier and fitter. The weightloss aim is a side-effect of that. But giving up on my goal is just not sensible, as there are so many reasons for me to keep going.

Not keeping going is only hurting one person. Me. Why abuse yourself?
  • losinglou76
    Options
    Excellent post and sound advice, thankyou for reminding us :flowerforyou:
  • jenc555
    jenc555 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hellstotheyes! Well said!
  • tobeygirl45
    Options
    Inspiring words..............sooooooooooo true KEEP GOING!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I've added this thread to my profile because I think anyone that wants to friend me, that is new to weight loss or is a complusive yo-yo dieter should read this.
  • kaymac1908
    kaymac1908 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this so others can read this valuable post. :flowerforyou:
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! Just what I needed today when I see my scale going up instead of down!
  • mcc75
    mcc75 Posts: 72
    Options
    wow so true
    I worked out today that to reach my goal by xmas i have to average 1.2 pounds per week....i am soo relaxed knowing that. Doesnt have to be massive losses..just try to do a bit each week...and xmas is only round the corner (as always) so i could be there in no time..wow
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    As you may know and as someone has mentioned, I am "vanishing this week." Yes, it is true. Today was a 1.2 pound loss. Yesterday was 0.8 pound loss and the day before that was a 0.4 loss. And I just want MFP friends to know that there is a little secret to my success. Serious. Some like to call my vanishing trick "magic" but it's not really magic. And, no, it is not a pill. No, it is not in a syringe either. What I do is I keep going. I keep going when I gain and have NO idea why. I keep going when I know I could have done better. I keep going when life pushes me to have comfort food. I keep going after I have eaten out. I keep going when my muscles are so sore I don't even want to get out of bed. I keep going when I am hot and sweaty from exercise. I keep going when I have a confrontation with a family member or I hear really depressing news. I just keep going. That's what works. I would tell the world but they would not believe me, demanding me to tell them what I REALLY did to lose weight. So, I am telling MFP friends the secret I've been using. I just keep going. The scale is such a temperamental and moody thing so you just have to stay the course. If you follow the plan, you will reach your destination. We all want to get there in a Porsche, SO FAST, but all we have is a bike or our legs to get us there. Just so you know, I have also had days where I have GAINED 1.2 pounds and .8 pounds and .4 pounds in one week. But did I give up, no sir! When I have a bad week I tell myself a good week is eventually coming my way. Good Luck and Stay the Course!

I LOVE this!!!
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    that was incredibly ENCOURAGING! THANK YOU
  • Bombdiggidy1
    Options
    Awesome post! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • Marti135
    Marti135 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't mind, but I copied/paste your post to my personal friends' message board. This is most encouraging when we plateau and not lose. Thanks for posting (oh - and I gave you credit!). :flowerforyou:
  • nicabskinny
    nicabskinny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great post! Motivational & Inspiring all at the same time. Thank you, I needed this!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    What you said is so true, there is no giving up or going backwards. This is a way of life now not just a vacation from it. I am a very impatient person and want results now. I have learned that the results will come. I didnt put all this weight on in a few months so why expect it to drop off like that. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • peachwine
    Options
    I heard that inspirational music playing in my head when I read this. Sooooo true down. U just got to pick your butt up when you fall down.
  • Denise6914
    Denise6914 Posts: 176
    Options
    So very true!
  • ashleywright144
    Options
    Thank you for your post, I needed this one!