What's your goal weight?? Why did you choose that number??

Options

Replies

• itsgracia
    itsgracia Posts: 35
    Options
    I am 4'10" and my goal weight is 119. This is based on a healthy BMI for my height. I picked whatever is the heaviest I can be at my height and have a healthy BMI.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 170. I got down to 153 about 3 years ago, and was ripped, but I lost about 10 lbs of muscle to get there. I want to get to 170 before I go to maintenance mode, then work on upping my lean body mass hoping to be a ripped 170 one day.
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and also want to get down to 135. Damn these last few lbs!!

I don't think there is a particularly compelling reason for wanting to be there. My goal was initially 140 but I think I will feel better at 135. Random fluctuations won't bother me as much once I'm in the 30's :). Or at least that's how I feel at the moment.
    I'm actually more into setting fitness goals right now. Loving running!
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Double post....awwwkward...
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Well, 126 is the number I have in my head but I couldn't tell you why I chose that one! I mean, why the 6? I haven't a clue! I'm holding that number very loosely too. I know for certain I am wanting to be under 140 but where depends on how I look and how I feel. I'm lifting weights and plan to do that for the rest of my life if I can so my end weight will depend a lot on what kind of muscle weight I have. When I start actually getting closer to my goal I will probably change over to a body fat percentage goal instead of an arbitrary number on a scale. I just know I want to be FIRMLY planted in the "normal" weight range and nowhere near "overweight" ever again! :)
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 140 would be perfect for me. I was almost there after my second half marathon and my gut was almost completely gone and the rest of me was just tone. I think any less would just be gross. I think the weight is not as important as the size - size 6-7 would be great!
  • Courtney225
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal is 140. I'd like to be below that but shooting for 140 for now:)
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    That puts your BMI at the lower end of healthy - you certainly wouldn't want to go any lower.

My goal is 130lbs - I'm 5'5

Sue :smile: x
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 110 right now. My goal weight is 105. BUT I am losing fat and building more muscle so I may not get down that far and that's ok, as long as I lose this last 5lbs of FAT. So close, but so far :tongue:
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i am 23, female, and 6ft 1 - my target weight is 226.6lb / 16st / 103kg

my starting weight was:
    291.5lb / 20st 8lb / 132.5kg
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'10'' chick and my goal weight is 135. Which so happens to be the number that is on my driver's license. I want that number SOOO bad, (but bad enough to do the things that will keep me there). I've just need help curbing those snacks I just love to munch on!

That puts you at the lower end of the 'healthy'range - you wouldn't want to go any lower.

I'm 5'5 with a goal of 130.

Sue :smile: x
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently weigh 274.2 and my goal weight is 195. If I lose more than that, great, but if not I'm ok with that. That was my lowest weight and I really didn't look too bad even though I was chubby.
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    I always was very thin but then in 6 months I gained about 40 lb as a side effect of a medication. Now that I'm losing weight (first time ever for me... it's hard!) I want to lose only 30 lb and land at 122 lb... 2 is my favorite number (but I'm not planning to go up to 222 lb!!) and before this weight gain (at about 110 lb) I was too thin anyway.

Oh, and I'm 5'4
  • bellyjelly06
    Options
    I'm 5'6'' and my goal weight is 130. My happy weight is 135-140 though. I guess i have 130 stuck in my head from, surprise, high school!! im the same height i was just not as active. I played a lot of sports too. I'm pretty confident I can drop the 20 lbs and get there. At 125-130 I should be able to see some defined abs :) My goal!!
  • steffmd25
    steffmd25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm also enjoying running, too! It does awesome things for my body, I'm so glad I started.
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my goal weight is 125. Why? Because that is what my doctor said it should be a gazillion years ago and that has been the number in my head ever since then. I will continue to reevaluate as the process goes on though - would rather look and feel healthy and toned than be a certain number on the scale.
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 135. I used to feel my best at that weight. According to every chart I've found that weight still puts me in the 'over weight" category. I'm supposed to be between 97 and 132 to be considered a healthy weight, but for some reason I always found I'd get pains under my ribs when i got down past 125/130, so I've made my goal what I feel is comfortable for me.
  • Pande
    Pande Posts: 33
    Options
    Ahh well.. My goal weight is 128 pounds. Which would give me around a 21.0 BMI.

My original goal was 135 just cuz I felt like anything under that was unachievable. But I want to get myself out of the mind set of "that isn't possible, I can't do that" So I shaved off 7 pounds from that goal weight.

128 pounds sounds cute to me, I don't know why.

I've used a lot of "ideal weight" calculators and they have the ranges all over the place.
    Being 5' 5.5", medium body framed, most calculators put my ideal weight between 126 lbs and 134 lbs.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal weight is 120. I'm 123.5 right now so almost there. Once I reach 120 I *might* try to drop 2 or 3 more pounds just as a cushion to fall back on in case I gain weight during maintenance. We'll see. I'm trying to focus more on toning at this point.
  • Soupskin
    Soupskin Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    5'10" and 170 is my goal. That is the top end of the BMI target weight scale.