NEW FOODS YOU LIKE!

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love the Garden of Eatin brand Multi-Grain Tortilla Chips with Flax. (The poppyseed, onion and garlic flavor). SOOOO good!!

I had the regular ones, not the poppyseed flavor w/ taco salad last week, yummy!! My family loved them too!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I tried the Sara Lee Delightful Wheat (45 cal) bread & it's good! I had a coupon for a FREE loaf of Sara Lee, I probably wouldn't have tried it otherwise ($3.50 for a loaf of bread is HIGH!).

I love all of the Laughing Cow Light cheeses and the mini babybels are awesome too! Great w/ Kashi TLC crackers, All Bran multi grain, or the Wheat Thins Fiber select crackers.

I tried out the Quaker High Fiber cinnamon swirl oatmeal- 160 cals and 10g fiber! I usually eat my plain old fashioned oatmeal, but after making some for my dd, it smelled so good that I had a bowl too. YUMMY!

That's all of the *new* stuff that I can think of. Otherwise, it's the regular *clean* foods like brown rice, chicken, egg whites, fruits & veggies, etc. :tongue:

Jess
  • Akasa
    Akasa Posts: 25
    Options
    Since I moved to Hawaii I've gone pretty much vegetarian due to the price fo food stuffs out here. I've also ben trying to get all my calories which sometimes is hard. Anyways we have apple bananas out here. They are smaller and sweeter than regular bananas, and I have no idea if they ever go to the mainland, but they are sooo yummy. So are Korean pears (with mini brie. one pear with one wedge), which on occasion I'd see on the mainland but they were expensive. Not so expensive here closer to the orient with a HUGE oriental community.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Since I moved to Hawaii I've gone pretty much vegetarian due to the price fo food stuffs out here. I've also ben trying to get all my calories which sometimes is hard. Anyways we have apple bananas out here. They are smaller and sweeter than regular bananas, and I have no idea if they ever go to the mainland, but they are sooo yummy. So are Korean pears (with mini brie. one pear with one wedge), which on occasion I'd see on the mainland but they were expensive. Not so expensive here closer to the orient with a HUGE oriental community.

Oh, my gosh-- Hawaii-- that is so incredible-- sooooooo jealous. It must be so lovely every day-- sighhhh. God bless.:smile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Anyways we have apple bananas out here. They are smaller and sweeter than regular bananas, and I have no idea if they ever go to the mainland, but they are sooo yummy.

I've seen these in special catalogs around the holidays.
    Always was curious about them.
  • jukramer
    jukramer Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Kashi has a new cereal called Honey Sunshine. My husband describes it as Cap'n Crunch for adults. So good, sweet but not too sweet, and like 100 calories for a serving with 5 or 6 grams of fiber.
    It's kind of hard to find, so I buy in bulk when I find it.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Kashi has a new cereal called Honey Sunshine. My husband describes it as Cap'n Crunch for adults. So good, sweet but not too sweet, and like 100 calories for a serving with 5 or 6 grams of fiber.
    It's kind of hard to find, so I buy in bulk when I find it.

uh oh! Not the Captain:smooched:

Um, maybe I better stay away from it if it's like Captain crunch...:noway: :bigsmile:

I really like all the Kashi products I've tried. Like you described, some have a nice balanced sweet taste but not like a sugared product. I'm sure I like the brand because they use natural ingredients too..and have such a variety.:happy:

Currently I've got the Autumn Harvest Cereal....looks pretty much like mini shredded wheat and seems to have a light sweetness to it (like dried beet or something similiar that's more natural), in case anyone hasn't tried it. It's very good, normally the one I buy now.

I either eat it with milk or dry and toss in some raw almonds for a before or after carb/protein workout mini meal.:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I don't think I've shared this yet.. ...last night I tried the Quaker Caramel Rice cakes. I purchased the large size rather than the mini ones. The sodium seemed much higher in the small sized ones.

I'm a label reading freak now...I actually enjoy it but oh man it can really eat away the shopping time....comparing everything:laugh:

But least that way no surprises when we log it or get it home and read the pkg then.:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    again Bunny? I say a big thank you for starting this thread...I really appreciate feedback on products...it helps alot to hear if someone has tried something already and gives it a thumbs up...doesn't mean we'll all like it. But if someone shared a product was nasty tasting, I might put off trying that.:laugh:

What types of spreads/butter, margarine, what ever you all call it do you use?

Currently the only thing I use for toast or a baked potatoe is the spray bottle of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter'...it works on toast ok.:huh: :noway: :laugh: sorta...

I've tried benocol (sp?) but have a tough time finding it so I only was able to purchase it a couple time...it ran about $5 as well. Lil pricey I thought....considering how often I eat toast etc.

Again to all ......keep sharing and thanks so much for doing so, it's much appreciated:heart:
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    "Simply Enjoy (Stop and Shop brand) Pepper & Poppy Water Crackers"-- 4 crackers for 60 calories. I eat them with one slice of American cheese divided into quarters-- all in all, a filling, yummy, crunchy snack with protein for 130 calories total.

I just love S&S Simply Enjoy brand. That is the best thing they have come out with besides Nature's Promise.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "Simply Enjoy (Stop and Shop brand) Pepper & Poppy Water Crackers"-- 4 crackers for 60 calories. I eat them with one slice of American cheese divided into quarters-- all in all, a filling, yummy, crunchy snack with protein for 130 calories total.

I just love S&S Simply Enjoy brand. That is the best thing they have come out with besides Nature's Promise.
    the brand is not familiar to me...but the product name sounds like something I've heard before.......hm, might check it out:drinker: thanks:happy:
  • Marla64
    Options

the brand is not familiar to me...but the product name sounds like something I've heard before.......hm, might check it out:drinker: thanks:happy:

Not sure if they have "Stop and Shop" supermarkets where you are-- Florida, no? But, there are Dare water crackers, et cetera-- whole bunch of brands, and different varieties, too-- yummy, yummy.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Not sure if they have "Stop and Shop" supermarkets where you are-- Florida, no? But, there are Dare water crackers, et cetera-- whole bunch of brands, and different varieties, too-- yummy, yummy.

me Florida? oh no, I move around every couple weeks...I live in the Bahamas currently I think....or is it Latvia....I couldnt' get it to change to a warmer climate for me. No actually I live just a few hours from Anna Banana but not in a farming community.....I live in the city. Oh and I only know Anna from here...and know she hates water....and loves horses... that's what i know about Anna & that she's sweet:flowerforyou:

We don't have trader joes, costco and the one you mentioned and or any so far any of the other cool stores low cost ones you've all brought up:sad:

ohhhhhhhh yea, and Marla...that yummy yummy comment at the end.... really uncalled for!:angry::laugh:

...... ok Marla....just now Looked I'm currently living in Zurich Switzerland....hm, wonder if it's 23 degrees there too.:sad:

Marla...we need to find a nice place to sit down an chat....create a chat room or something, cause I can SO see us chattin away when one of your daughters is baking one of her zillion treats and offering them to you and chasing kids, catching flying toys....

No somehow I see your house as not like the one I saw on Super Nanny tonight... I bet you have really well behaved kids.:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options

me Florida? oh no, I move around every couple weeks...I live in the Bahamas currently I think....or is it Latvia....I couldnt' get it to change to a warmer climate for me. No actually I live just a few hours from Anna Banana but not in a farming community.....I live in the city. Oh and I only know Anna from here...and know she hates water....and loves horses... that's what i know about Anna & that she's sweet:flowerforyou:

We don't have trader joes, costco and the one you mentioned and or any so far any of the other cool stores low cost ones you've all brought up:sad:

ohhhhhhhh yea, and Marla...that yummy yummy comment at the end.... really uncalled for!:angry::laugh:

...... ok Marla....just now Looked I'm currently living in Zurich Switzerland....hm, wonder if it's 23 degrees there too.:sad:

Marla...we need to find a nice place to sit down an chat....create a chat room or something, cause I can SO see us chattin away when one of your daughters is baking one of her zillion treats and offering them to you and chasing kids, catching flying toys....

No somehow I see your house as not like the one I saw on Super Nanny tonight... I bet you have really well behaved kids.:flowerforyou:

Okay-- must be late-- whoosh-- 6.gifyou're over my head on your locale-- LOL--

As a matter of fact, my rotten 16 year old daughter baked a DOUBLE batch of chocolate chip cookies tonight-- but, as difficult as it was in my fatigue just now, I refrained-- go me!!! My visiting mother took pity on me this evening and bought us pizza for dinner so I didn't have to cook-- as good fortune would find, I'd saved a bunch of calories all day and was able to enjoy and be within my calories. Yippeeee.

Our house gets rockin' and rollin' with kid shenanigans, but they're well behaved. Since I've had to do the home typing job, things are quite a bit more out of control than we'd like-- but it is what it is until our life situation changes-- hubby has some interviews lined up-- we'll see.

Baby just woke up-- gotta split !!

later!!!!!!!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Most definitely bumpin time for this thread!! :drinker:

Thanks Bunny for starting it...I think there are several out there but I found this one first so here we go.... Bring it ON people we love to hear what new products (new to you or new to the market) everyone's been enjoying or not enjoying :laugh: and are kind enough to steer us clear from if need be!:laugh: :wink: :drinker:

Someone shared about "Kashi Honey Sunshine" recently:wink::wink: and mentioned there was a thread that Tam shared on how good it was (which I missed...sorry Tam:flowerforyou: ).....gulp....heard that it tasted like the Captain:blushing: :noway: Now we all remember the cereal thread right fans of the Captain?:drinker: :tongue: :laugh:

Well, apparently THIS thread began awhile back and I even see I commented on that brand of Kashi cereal....oops:blushing: ...I need to be writing some of these down to actually go purchase:tongue::laugh:

SO what's everyone trying out new and exciting to THEM lately? Even if you've brought it up before, always a good chance some of have not heard it yet...so pleae do feel free to bring up any favorites again! I know I love variety and would love to try out new healthy items!:drinker: :bigsmile:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Tried a few new things lately myself...new to me!:tongue:

***Ezekial 4:9 raw sprouted WW buns... been using them for open faced tuna melts, if you squish them flat a bit they work great in the toaster!:blushing: :laugh:

**Vermont Maple Fat Free PoppySeed Dressing not bad, more tangy, less sweet than I thought it'd be but something I'll continue to use.

Hm...I know there are others but it's late and I should be in bed so it appears my mind has shut off my memory:noway: ... I'll add more as the thread continues.:laugh: :tongue:

• Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Laughing Cow light cheeses, they are new to me. I use them on crackers, toast, english muffins, everything. So good!
    Yeppers tried it and YUM-O for a simple snack with Wasa Sourdough crackers...:drinker: :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Speaking of Wasa Crackers... I happen to have the Sourdough variety at the moment but any type of those would do.

I was in the mood for the BIG SALAD (seinfeld fans unite!:tongue: ) but felt like I wanted some crunchy stuff on top...decided two Wasa crackers made some seriously GREAT croutons!

I bet the HG recipe Onion Rings might work with finely crushed Wasa crackers...ya think? That question goes out to anyone that's tried the HG recipe...also would make a good coating for chicken, fish things like that it seems.

Just something that popped in my head some of you might already have tried.

Next?:wink::happy:

• Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats Cinnamon Streusel (thanks Shore)!!!!!!!!!! DELISH!

Haven't tried this I'm more a Kashi cereal Chick myself...

But actually wanted to say OMG you're so adorable in your picture..that haircut really suits you Becky!! You look so young in it and the bangs really frame your face nicely:heart:

• Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I finally got brave and tried a Fiber One Bar. It was so yummy. The oats and caramel is almost like a cookie.

yea with all the talk on them, I'm thinking I may try them as well.....:laugh:
    ah I did try them awhile back...the rumors are TRUE... ahh I know no longer eat them..but they are handy for pre/post workout snack grabs on the way out the door or packed in the gym bag.

I'm going with 1/2 a Cliff bar now pre/post workouts ...only one I eat now is the Oatmeal Raisin the others are like too strange for me ...they are like candybars/cookie names so I stick to the OR ones. Good punch of energy, great fiber too.:drinker:

The cliff's I've gotten seem to have great carb/protein/fiber ratio's which is what I look for mini snacks.