How much did you lose before you lost a size?

Options

Replies

• suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Lost 30lbs and went down 2 pants sizes.
  • XPEH
    XPEH Posts: 2
    Options
    I lost 30 ponds and 3 jeans sizes)
  • dom300186
    dom300186 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i have lost 21lbs and gone from a size 16 to a 12
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am down 11 lbs. Many of my pants had gotten way too tight and those fit again (nicely too, not tight). The pants that did fit are now way too big. Still all the same size though, so there is a lot of variation from one style and brand to another. Also had to go buy a couple of new bras. Same size as before but a different cut that fits better.
  • JPRobocker
    JPRobocker Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've weighed between 120 and 150 since being 5'6" and I still wear the same size pants. I've always worn about a 6, but I think it really depends on the person and where they cary their weight. When I gain weight, most of it is in my gut. I've got pretty wide hips though so the pants don't change much. The gut hanging over them does though :)
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It's the inches you lose that makes your cloths size change not the lbs. So keep that in mind.
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm 17lbs down and STILL in the same size also. My doctor said it may be another 10lbs before I change sizes. I'm looking forward to putting on my "fat" jeans and saying YES too big! Great job on your weight loss!
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I can't remember how much it took the first time to loose a size.. but I have lost about 77 lbs (give or take.. been having a hard month) and I went from a size 24 W to a 16 W or 18 according to how it's made (don't you hate that? I have a pair of 18 W that firt great.. but also a regular 18 that fit... grrrr). So that's what about 5 sizes?

I didn't keep checking my size when I was loosing weight.. I only bought clothes a few times.. I have big hips so I don't even need a belt most of the time when their to big (not something I want to brag about haha), but I actually tried some on yesterday for our vacation next month and was happily surprised.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17 lbs and i didn't go down a size yet but the clothing that was once hugging me is now much looser if that counts lol
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Its really going to depend on how and where your body gets rid of fat first.
    good luck though and dont get discouraged,,,,thats why I started to measure myself, so I would have something that would change in case the scale didnt haha
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and have dropped 30lbs this year. I was wearing a size 20 generally now an 18 is too big in bottoms but most 16's on the tight side. I have lost weight from my legs & bottom half but not loads from my waist etc ( bloody kids!) Boobs are suddendly going and desperatley need new bras in cup size more so than across my back. Inches lost all over are 25 to date.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I've lost 10lbs so far and while most of my clothes fit a lot better, I'm not quite into the next size down yet. I'm hoping soon though!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I lost about 15lbs and went down 2 pant sizes. My dress size is the same though, because my boobs haven't changed (which, for now, is a good thing)
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    15 pounds to go from size 10 to size 8.
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    15 pounds to go from 18 to 16... then another 15 to go from 16 to 14... working on that 12 now... grrrrr.
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30 pounds and my pants have gone from a 20 to a 16 but my shirts are all still XL's
    I don't get it LOL :)
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm a junk-in-the-trunk-er. I'm still in the same size. It's 20-25 pounds per pants size for me :(
  • KismetHot
    KismetHot Posts: 26
    Options
    I think this is true! I've lost 35 pounds and I have only dropped one dress size. But I think the smaller you are/get the chance of going a size down is quicker.
  • allimac09
    allimac09 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm down 11 pounds and I'm still in the size 8. Though now they're loose and before I think they were a little too tight.
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am right here with you! loose on my legs, but man, I want my jeans to be baggy in the waist!
    I am down a little over twenty pounds and Im still in the same size, although very loose on my legs, and only a little loose around my waist. I cant wait to start dropping sizes! :grumble:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!