6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge, week 2

Options

Replies

• 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Friday I did 43 minutes.12 8oz glasses. Knees aren't happy.Thanks Tracie. Will try the ones with the padding. I have neoprene ones. Wasn't fond of the one from the knee doctor, too restricting and wouldn't take it. I'm so bad....eventually I may need to suck it up and get it. Ibuprofen and ice. Apple cider vinegar to. But then I smell like a salad.:laugh:
    Today's better 70 minutes. Can't log today's water yet as it is not even 8am. Have a good weekend everyone!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Friday I did 43 minutes.12 8oz glasses. Knees aren't happy.Thanks Tracie. Will try the ones with the padding. I have neoprene ones. Wasn't fond of the one from the knee doctor, too restricting and wouldn't take it. I'm so bad....eventually I may need to suck it up and get it. Ibuprofen and ice. Apple cider vinegar to. But then I smell like a salad.:laugh:
    Today's better 70 minutes. Can't log today's water yet as it is not even 8am. Have a good weekend everyone!

They are by a company called Mueller! (I wasn't by them the other night to tell you the brand) but, the inside of them is green and the outside is black and on each end is velcro to tighten around the knee area. I think the padding portion puts pressure on the sore parts and keeps them basically "in check" to keep it from getting worse while you are doing something. Like I said, I put them on at the same time I am putting on my HRM because they are just as important when I am working out. It is not good to have sore knees.

Good Job Friday!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    today i just took the time to start cleaning the front part of the house. just logged 3 hours of 7 though. got side tracked and started redecorating a little. had my 8 glasses of water

Total mins is 454

Way to go! Cleaning is going to be something that I do a lot of this week. My middle daughter is coming, next week, for Easter weekend, with our grandson who is 1 1/2 and just started walking. So, there is going to be carpet cleaning, stripping beds and washing everything, washing dogs, and basic cleaning. My grandson was 3 1/2 months early and although he is okay now he has a lot of little issue and allergies, sometimes, are one of them. So, that will be a part of my week this next week.

Good job and I bet you feel better having gotten that done.
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Well this was a challenging week....friends and family in town, big BBQ at my house, although I made healthy chicken and beef kabobs, couscous salad and green salad. But I was only able to log 240 mins of exercise and now my back is OUT! So today Im doing nothing and hope I will be able to go to the gym tomorrow!

Also Coachella Fest is in town which means lots of 20 year olds at my house to walk to CF, were only a 30 min walk and we can hear the music playing from our backyard!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    :happy:
    Holy Cow you all went into week 2 strong! Wow to all of you, just wow, great job! Sorry to just be getting on and getting things posted but I have been without internet for the last 7ish hours! Felt like life was over that I could NOT get on here and post my exercise or food. Phew, almost had a nervous break down over it, LOL, but we got it all back up and working and I am here getting it all documented.

Here are my Monday results: I have to say it was a beautiful day in Minot, ND for the first time in a LONG, LONG time and I really didn't want to be inside, so I did a lot today.

60 minute brisk walk with my dogs burned, per my HRM, 628 calories
    32 minutes bike ride burned, per my HRM, 645 calories
    12 minutes circuit machines strength training burned, per my HRM, 132 calories
    45 minute kettlebell class burned, per my HRM, 755 calories

17 glasses of water in today

Looks like you are really pushing yourselves again this week. Great job so far, everyone!

Here is my totals for today, day 2

60 minutes walk/run intervals burned, per my HRM, 760 calories
    30 minute bike ride burned, per my HRM, 513 calories
    30 minutes on the Elliptical burned, per my HRM, 615 calories
    11 minutes of circuit strength training burned, per my HRM, 138 calories

So I have done 257 minutes of cardio and 23 minutes of strength training for the week, so far

Today I have 18 glasses of water in and am sure a couple more before bed

Here is my day three results:

35 minutes of walking burned, per my HRM, 336 calories
    45 minutes of circuit training with a trainer burned, per my HRM, 738 calories (this was half cardio and half strength)

So, I have done 280 minutes of cardio, 45 minutes of strength, and 35 minutes of other

So far I have 9 glasses of water in but it is only 12:30pm so I will get another 9, or so, in

HOW WE ALL DOIN????????? :happy: :tongue:

Here is my day 4, week 2 results:

58 minutes of walk/run intervals burned, per my HRM, 722 calories
    30 minutes of Roller Skating burned, per my HRM, 446 calories
    15 minutes of Circuit Strength Training burned, per my HRM, 160 calories
    42 minute Kettlebell class burned, per my HRM, 617 calories

I have 18 glass of water drank today, but will get at least one more as I am parched.

So, I have done 420 minutes of cardio, 60 minutes of strength, and 35 minutes of other

How is everyone else doing with 3 days left in this week 2?

Here is my Friday results:

65 minutes of walk/run intervals burned, per my HRM, 888 calories
    45 minutes of Elliptical burned, per my HRM, 1005 calories

I have done 615 minutes of exercise 530 minutes of cardio, 60 minutes of strength, and 35 minutes of other

I have 13 glasses of water done as of now, 2pm, so a lot of time left to get in even more.

I tried something new with my elliptical, today, that I learned when I worked with a personal trainer Wednesday. She taught me that if you are using a machine, treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, etc.., to change your pace/incline every couple of minutes. So, I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and I began doing 4 minutes, at a incline of 3 with a moderate pace for the first 4 minutes, then from there I would do incline 7, easy pace, 1 minute going forward, incline 4, moderate pace, 2 minutes, going backward, back to incline 7, easy pace, 1 minute, going forward, back to incline 4, moderate pace, 2 minutes, going backward, and so on for the entire 45 minutes. I am dripping in sweat and burned more calories than I ever have on the elliptical. So, whatever I do, from this point on, I will change what I am doing every couple of minutes. You can do this even if you are doing walking outside. Do a moderate pace for 2 minutes, brisk pace for a minute, and so on. She taught me that if you just keep your heart rate at the exact same for your entire workout you don't burn as many calories because it is building up tolerance, so to speak. But, if you keep changing the intensity of what you are doing and your heart rate keeps changing you are going to burn more calories. I guess I just proved that with the elliptical.

Hope everyone else is having a GREAT workout day.

Here is my Saturday results:

65 minutes walking burned, per my HRM, 645 calories

12 glasses of water so far today but will easily get in another 5-6 before bed.
  • BRFMcKay
    BRFMcKay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Friday:
    34-minute walk to do errands around town
    35 minute run, 5K pace.

155 + 69 = 224

Saturday:
    28 minutes on elliptical (weight loss)
    24 minutes upright bike
    9 minutes stretching and 21 push-ups

224 + 61 = 285 minutes

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to add my 30 minutes of light cleaning the other day. So that is 302 minutes!!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

For Friday:
    40 minutes elliptical
    30 minutes walking

For Saturday:
    40 minutes-elliptical
    We're just going to call it other -120 minutes. Helped to clear trash from the bike trail so we walked about 4 miles total(not to mention the fun of climbing in to the ditches and through the trees). And can I just complain a bit about the weather--the wind chill was below 30 and it was snowing while we were working. I really wish mother nature would start to cooperate so I get in some serious riding!

Made my 8 glasses of water each day.

Will try and figure out my totals for the week tomorrow.

Jenn
  • humble64
    humble64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    walking 100 mins 29 calories burned
    30 day shred 30 mins 273 calories burned
    Clean/cooking/washing car 180 mins 585 calories burned

Day total 310 mins 887 calories burned today not too bad

so far 10 glass of water
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Here is my results for day six, week two.
    - I did a Fitness walk that lasted for 30 minutes and according to my treadmill, I burned 201 calories.
    - My strength training lasted for 15 minutes and according to MFP, I burned 57 calories.
    - I got in 8 glasses of water.
    Total: 45 minutes. 30 minutes is cardio and 15 minutes is strength.

chickadee's week two progress:
    Total Weekly Minutes: 332
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 206
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 124
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 47 glasses

chickadees total 6 week progress:
    Total Challenge Minutes: 853
    Total Challenge Cardio Minutes: 613
    Total Challenge Strength Minutes: 240
    Total Challenge Water Intake: 102

I feel like I'm getting back on track. Hopefully Monday, once I've made up those two days that got me out-of-balance, I'll be fine. I seemed to have a hard time adjusting to a messed up schedule. But it's all good now, I think.
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Day 13

Cardio: 75 mins
    Wii Free Run - 30 mins
    Soccer - 45 mins

Week 2 Totals: 389 mins/Cardio; 120 mins/Strength = 509 mins

Happy Saturday!!!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    today i did cardio party , plus ab jam. then i decided to push myself and did 30 more mins of your shape- wii game.

got all my water intake in ..had a lovely dinner with all the kids home since christmas. the oldest even brought his new gf home to met.

total so far

Weekly Total / Goal mins: 547 / 360 calories: 5282 / 3170
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Weekly totals- Week 2
    Cardio- 413 Minutes- 3542 calories burnt
    Strength- 50 minutes- 403 calories burnt
    Other- 30 minutes- 151 calories burnt
    Total for the week- 493 minutes- 4096 Calories burnt
    Water 8 glasses a day complete
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    today i did cardio party , plus ab jam. then i decided to push myself and did 30 more mins of your shape- wii game.

got all my water intake in ..had a lovely dinner with all the kids home since christmas. the oldest even brought his new gf home to met.

total so far

Weekly Total / Goal mins: 547 / 360 calories: 5282 / 3170

Good Job pushing yourself! Don't you feel great about that? And look at your totals so far, woo hoo, you have made it, and beyond easily!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Weekly totals- Week 2
    Cardio- 413 Minutes- 3542 calories burnt
    Strength- 50 minutes- 403 calories burnt
    Other- 30 minutes- 151 calories burnt
    Total for the week- 493 minutes- 4096 Calories burnt
    Water 8 glasses a day complete

Fantastic!!! Look at what you accomplished this week! You should be so proud of yourself. I think this is awesome!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Day 13

Cardio: 75 mins
    Wii Free Run - 30 mins
    Soccer - 45 mins

Week 2 Totals: 389 mins/Cardio; 120 mins/Strength = 509 mins

Happy Saturday!!!

You too have some awesome totals for the week! Such a great job and you even have one day left. So terrific!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Here is my results for day six, week two.
    - I did a Fitness walk that lasted for 30 minutes and according to my treadmill, I burned 201 calories.
    - My strength training lasted for 15 minutes and according to MFP, I burned 57 calories.
    - I got in 8 glasses of water.
    Total: 45 minutes. 30 minutes is cardio and 15 minutes is strength.

chickadee's week two progress:
    Total Weekly Minutes: 332
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 206
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 124
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 47 glasses

chickadees total 6 week progress:
    Total Challenge Minutes: 853
    Total Challenge Cardio Minutes: 613
    Total Challenge Strength Minutes: 240
    Total Challenge Water Intake: 102

I feel like I'm getting back on track. Hopefully Monday, once I've made up those two days that got me out-of-balance, I'll be fine. I seemed to have a hard time adjusting to a messed up schedule. But it's all good now, I think.

Well, even with a messed up couple of days you have done GREAT this week. Be proud of what you have done! I will tell you this; as time passes, you lose more weight, and you exercise/workout/move more, it gets easier and easier to just roll with it when things knock you out of whack. I don't know what it is, maybe because we feel better about ourselves, but I am able to just let things roll off my back, about 99% of the time, now when before something like what happened to you this week would have knocked me out of whack and threw me for a loop for several days. Just remember to keep your mind in the right place and remember what it is you are working towards and want to accomplish! Great Job!
  • jeanaustin
    jeanaustin Posts: 101
    Options
    I consumed WAAAYYY too many calories on Friday. Had lunch with Co-workers at a Mexican restaurant then had dinner with my boyfriend and his brother at another Mexican restaurant. I think I had double what I'm supposed to have, so 2400 instead of 1200. Yesterday I woke up and immediately ran with Ullrey's C25K for 30 minutes. I really had my best run! Every time I checked my nike+ ipod we were running at 9.3 or 9.5. This is such a great thing for me!!! I usually fluctuate and find myself in the 10's. Then me and my bf washed our cars thoroughly inside and out for about 2 hours! I didn't count that in MFP because it wasn't listed but I'm sure I made up for those calories. Now for today... the plan is to do a 60 minute bike ride. I honestly think riding my bike is the easiest way to lose calories in a fun way. It's a beautiful day in Austin, TX! Hope everything is having a great weekend!!
  • babyprincess13
    Options
    Week 2 results :
    Monday
    -cardio walk 60 mins
    Tuesday- cardio 120mins
    Wednesday-strength training 25
                          -walking 120 mins
    Thursday -walking 100 mins
    Friday -strength training 25
    Saturday cardio 30
    Sunday - strength training 20 mins . cardio 30 mins.
    Water has been 8 to 12 glasses per day on an average.
    Looking forward to week 3 and all the very best to everyone for week 3.
    We can do this :-)
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I consumed WAAAYYY too many calories on Friday. Had lunch with Co-workers at a Mexican restaurant then had dinner with my boyfriend and his brother at another Mexican restaurant. I think I had double what I'm supposed to have, so 2400 instead of 1200. Yesterday I woke up and immediately ran with Ullrey's C25K for 30 minutes. I really had my best run! Every time I checked my nike+ ipod we were running at 9.3 or 9.5. This is such a great thing for me!!! I usually fluctuate and find myself in the 10's. Then me and my bf washed our cars thoroughly inside and out for about 2 hours! I didn't count that in MFP because it wasn't listed but I'm sure I made up for those calories. Now for today... the plan is to do a 60 minute bike ride. I honestly think riding my bike is the easiest way to lose calories in a fun way. It's a beautiful day in Austin, TX! Hope everything is having a great weekend!!
    I love Mexican restaurants, but rarely eat there. Enchiladas, rice, and beans, and of course white cheese dip. I hope you had a great time at both! And it seems like you definately burned those calories off. Congrats on your run!
  • humble64
    humble64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is for Friday's workout

Correction

walking 100 mins 429 calories burned
    30 day shred 30 mins 273 calories burned
    Clean/cooking/washing car 180 mins 585 calories burned

Day total 310 mins 1,287 calories burned today not too bad

so far 10 glass of water