p90x - Round 1 beginners

Options

Replies

• mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 4 Yoga done, it wasn't as boring as last week. :wink:

Ok I only made it 30 minutes with Yoga ... (first time was yesterday) but I didnt think it was boring... hmm you must in much better shape than I :)

Me? In better shape?? haha! I don't think so but I have always been quite flexible so that helps. I didn't mean boring as is too easy, it's more the repetitive slow nature of yoga. It most definitely was by NO means easy, LOL!

And I have to tell you that I am SOOO impressed with your running abilities!! I'm very jealous! :flowerforyou:
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    A bit behind the starting point but p90x should be arriving at my door tomorrow and I hope to work at it for the first time alongside all of you. I have to say I'm extremely excited but also fairly nervous as to what this will have in store for me haha. But seeing everyone's progress on here is really encouraging! :)

You'll LOVE it!! I already notice a difference in how well I can do the workouts! Looking forward to hearing how your first day goes!!
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Finished Plyo yesterday. Just didn't post it in time. Still pushing play.
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A bit behind the starting point but p90x should be arriving at my door tomorrow and I hope to work at it for the first time alongside all of you. I have to say I'm extremely excited but also fairly nervous as to what this will have in store for me haha. But seeing everyone's progress on here is really encouraging! :)

You'll do great! I've never worked out every day for 90 days straight, so that's my biggest challenge right now. There's days where I've had a tough day, tired or stressed or whatever the reason and I still force myself to push play. Just have a goal and stick with it. Some days it's harder than others, but seeing early results have already motivated me to push harder and I'm exctied for the end result!
  • chelios7
    Options
    I'm doing Lean. I got to the 3rd week, but I took 3 days off one time, and 2 days off another... Both due to drinking. I've vowed not to drink anymore as it's just an all-around setback, and now I've restarted to punish myself! Today was Day 2 of Lean, but I'm doing extra. Yesterday I did Core and Abs, today it was Cardio + an 90 mins of studio yoga. If anyone wants a p90x buddy I'd love to chat about it! I think my friends are getting sick of hearing about it.

Okay, I work in the liquor industry, I'm a wine buyer. I love beer and wine. I honestly have tried to go 30 days without a drink in the past and have never been able to. I don't drink a lot, maybe a bottle of wine or so a week and/or about 6-9 beers a week (mostly in the summer, on weekends). I had a party last weekend with 50 people over, lots of beer and drinks. I was grilling all the food, I love to drink a few beers while grilling, especially on a nice day. It was very hard, I thought about having "just" one, but then I figured that might lead to another, etc etc. I stuck to water the whole day. I was very proud of myself. I'm going to hold out as long as I can!

I'll be your P90X buddy, I love talking about it.
  • chelios7
    Options
    Also, I just have the workouts... what's the meal plan like? Can you give me some examples?

I follow the nutritional guide, but I do the portion plan, not the meal plan. I think the meal plan is more difficult to follow, for those doing the nutritional guide, I'd be surprised if at least 75% weren't doing the portion plan. If you want more info on what that's like, I'd be happy to talk more about it.
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the messages of support you guys, that really helped motivate me to give it my all today. Week 1 Day 1 of p90x and my arms are sore like crazy, but I feel really energized! I actually am liking the format of it with the periodic one minute breaks. I'm not used to that set-up in my routines but that made sure I didn't have to stop and take my own breaks at any point. Looking forward to tomorrow, although my arms may protest some haha.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Mine arrived today in the mail, and I'm planning to start on Monday...look forward to working out "with" y'all! :flowerforyou:
  • chelios7
    Options
    Wow, I really :heart: Kenpo X! Week two *almost* in the books, tomorrow's my day of rest, so close enough! 11 short weeks to go. Weeeeeeee.....!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1 in the books. My running partner got sick and bailed on me this morning, so I decided to start today so I could get a workout in. I don't have a pull up bar yet, so I used the band I have...definitely looking forward to using the bar, as I think I'll get more out of it that way. All those push-ups had me feeling it, but I stuck it out and did my best. :drinker: Looking forward to Plyo tomorrow!
  • wsheaf82
    Options
    Wow, I really :heart: Kenpo X! Week two *almost* in the books, tomorrow's my day of rest, so close enough! 11 short weeks to go. Weeeeeeee.....!

Kenpo X is definitely one of my favorites so far. Major calorie burner.
  • Amairee
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2:

First round of Plyometrics and oh wow did that hit me hard. I'm not a cardio girl so a lot of these circuits really made me push. I wasn't able to keep up with their speed on some of the moves, or occasionally their height (especially the high jump kicks and rock star moves), but I only took one extra 30 second break around the midway mark so I'm pretty proud of that. Got a great calorie burn. I'm feeling very accomplished coming out of today's workout and I'm confident I'll only get better with it from here!
  • chelios7
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2:

First round of Plyometrics and oh wow did that hit me hard. I'm not a cardio girl so a lot of these circuits really made me push. I wasn't able to keep up with their speed on some of the moves, or occasionally their height (especially the high jump kicks and rock star moves), but I only took one extra 30 second break around the midway mark so I'm pretty proud of that. Got a great calorie burn. I'm feeling very accomplished coming out of today's workout and I'm confident I'll only get better with it from here!

Yes you will! Plyo wiped me out the first time, second time not as much. Just keep pushing yourself.
  • markymark39
    Options
    wrapped upweek 2 today.,..streches tomorrow and start week 3 on Monday. so far, so good!
  • Amairee
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3:

Great workout today! I really enjoyed the shoulder and arms work and really tried to push myself especially on the second circuits. My arms are sore but I feel great!

Ab Ripper X also went better today, doing it for the second time now. My form was more solid I think than it was the first time I did it, which probably just comes from practice. Overall a very good p90x workout day! :D
  • wsheaf82
    Options
    Day 12 done. Pushing play. Killing my abs.
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    Day 2 done! Plyometrics are fun but awful at the same time...love it though :love:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2 in the bag. I :heart: the Plyo workout.

Bought my pull-up bar today, and just HAD to try it out...I was able to do 1.5 pull-ups all on my own...so proud of myself!
  • Amairee
    Options
    Instead of bike riding for cardio today I tried Cardio X. I know you aren't supposed to go doubles until week 5 I think but it was a great burner. Feelin' good! :)
  • Amairee
    Options
    Week 1 Day 4:

Yoga X...I am unimpressed to say the least haha. I do yoga fairly regularly and have since I was about 15 years old. Although some moves in Yoga X were of moderate difficulty the entirety of this DVD was not giving me anything I needed from yoga. He just isn't a yoga instructor. He mentioned very little on breath control, one of the most vital components of yoga, and actually instructed against proper body alignment and configuration needed to get the most out of a lot of the moves. I often had to modify them myself just to get the stretch and positioning I knew I needed. :/

Not his fault I guess, but the yoga he designed seemed to be for beginners, or for men who over the course of the program will be gaining more muscle groups so quickly that they are likely to loose a lot of their flexibility. This makes sense, and as such I completely agree that yoga is such an important part of the exercise process, but this DVD just isn't for me. I'm going to replace it with my own yoga exercise (which will likely be a good half hour shorter than his, because honestly that's getting a little long).

So for today I didn't complete the DVD. I did it for about 10 minutes, then fast-forwarded to see if it got any better. I paused it to do some of the better constructed, trickier moves, but all in all I did about 35 minutes of it. Very dull lol. Going to do Cardio X on these days instead, along with my own yoga, from now on I think.

Did anyone else have this problem with Yoga X?