A question for the guys about "you know what"

Options

Replies

• FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    By finding a new appreciation for the NHL? I mean there's hitting and fights in hockey too.

I find no comfort in that after watching my Blackhawks get pounded last night.
    :grumble:
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I want NFL! ugh! Nothing like it.
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    This is not a guy thing...it's an American thing! I guess I'll just be watching a lot of college ball...

Ditto!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    By finding a new appreciation for the NHL? I mean there's hitting and fights in hockey too.

My preds won! Holla!!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hey now, some of us ladies are sweating the possibility of life without football too! :sad: In my house, I'm the football fanatic and my husband just shakes his head and avoids me on game day. At least the kids are right there with me, cheering and yelling, lol!
  • crusinforlosin
    Options
    Welp. My mind is in the gutter.
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    How will we make it through Fall and Winter if there is no NFL football this year? BlueBawling.gif

What?? I must have missed something!! No Ravens???? :explode: but may be nice to not see the Steelers... :laugh: ( for my Steeler friends.. you know I luv you regardless... haha)
  • mom2alexandmatt
    Options
    It's not just the guys who will be missing it.... I'm desperately depressed... because it means no Fantasy Football either!
    :explode:
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    I think the difference between NFL and Football/basketball is that football season is just long enough. They keep you wanting more. The extra 2 games could hurt football in my opinion.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I will be totally devastated and lost with out my NFL!!! It's the only sport I actually pay attention to. I've always thought baseball was boring, I don't like hockey because they don't seem to have as much respect for the actualy sport (this is just based off of one game I was forced to watch with a friend), and most other sports I tend to get pretty bored with. I NEED my NFL!!!! LOL
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    College ball is so much better, anyway. They aren't lazy multi-millionnaires, yet. :grumble: Hockey is always good (but again, college hockey, up close and personal, is much better/faster).
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I will probably just end my life....It would be unbearable!! I don;t even wanna think about it. I think I need help!!
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    lame. Thought this was going to be juicy :)

You thought it was about our Brat and potatoes.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I won't be able to, I mean sure, we will have college football, but now no football, no fantasy leagues. It will seem like my life will be null and void for 6 mos. I don't know, I may just have to cry if they don't get something resolved.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    This isn't just for guys, you know! I am a MAJOR NFL football fan - I have a Fantasy team and I also do ESPN's Pick'Em every year with a group of friends across the US. I'm one of the biggest Patriots fans (I'm a Boston girl)! I will be DEVASTATED without my football this Fall and Winter!!!! :sad:

gooooo pats!!! my alltime fave team as well!
  • slapshotgolf
    slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Won't miss it too much...I've gained a greater appreciation for soccer over the last few years - while I played recreationally in my early teens, I now coach it competitively, and follow the Premiership closely - nothing like having teams fight to win the championship at the top of the standings, and fight against relegation to a lower division at the bottom of the standings...playoff atmosphere regardless of where you stand near the end of the year...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    College Ball.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    lame. Thought this was going to be juicy :)

You thought it was about our Brat and potatoes.

<
    angel4.gif
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options

I found it great, LOL
    Canuck fan :laugh: :laugh: :happy:
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    NHL and AHL are the way to go!