Your Never Ending Spats

Options
124»

Replies

• sherri31
    sherri31 Posts: 80
    Options
    I love when my hubby tries to tell me how to clean even though i dont know when the last time was that he did clean. And i think he listens worse than the kids for example i told him yesterday i was going grocery shopping after the gym today. he text me just as i finished loading the truck asking where i was. drives me crazy i hate repeating myself.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Think from reading this that I must actually be a man...........

I don't care how the dishwasher is loaded, it still washes so hey. He does though lmao,
    I forget to replace the toilet roll, but it doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as it does him.
    I leave my clothes on the 'floordrobe' and the dirty clothes too. He does about the same amount of laundry as I do, and as long as I hav e something clean to put on I am OK with that.
    I don't iron...it's the work of the devil.
    I use kitchen implements as tools..also in the garden. But they are mine, and I can use them however I like, who really cares that I sawed through some little branches with my bread knife?
    I don't make the bed often, and he doesn't either.
    The one thing he can't do it put on the duvet cover, but he helps with the other stuff, so I don't worry.

Life is too short to stress about stuff like that, in my opinion at least :flowerforyou:
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Laundry- when I do it he expects me to wash, dry, fold, take upstairs and put away (and gets mad if i dont) , when he does it he washes, leaves it in the washer for a day or two then dries it so it smells all moldy and then throws it on the chair and if i dont do it he will wait a week or two to fold it then he'll never take it upstairs.

Dishes- He made it a rule that we have to rinse our dishes after using them but he doesnt rinse his, his dishes never even leave the table until I take them to the sink.

SOCKS- I refuse to pair his socks, he refuses to pair his socks, literally told me that was "beneath" him but wanted me to do it. I really almost punched him for that one.

Sweeping/mopping- I sweep, I dont mop, he throws a fit if i do b/c i didn't use his mix of products but he also throws a fit b/c I wont do it anymore at all lol

The kids- he yells if i even think about comforting the kids after he tells them they r in trouble but if i tell them they r in trouble he immediately says "oh buddy/sweetie mommys so mean" and goes to comfort them.

there are tons more im sure haha
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Our biggest are money related. The one that ticks me off the most - I have an errand day where Im literally running family errands all day long with the kids in tow. He insists we dont stop for lunch....we must come all the way back home or pack a picnic lunch. No extra spending ya know. Yet, he eats breakfast and lunch out daily and always at expensive places. Grrr. Or! Going over my receipts for extras. Did the kids really need more crayons or socks, etc.... but again - he will go off and buy whatever he wants whenever he wants it.
    Funsies!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Ohh! thought of another one.

This is a typical conversation held every night.
    What do you want for dinner?
    I dunno, what do you want for dinner?

LOL hroush..my husband irritates me and simultaneously amuses me with his responses to this. I feel like a dork because I will plan dinners all day and all week long. It's a challenge to make something that my kids will enjoy while being sophisticated enough for myself etc. So I usually have to have something I can 'dress down' for the kids or give them a complete alternative meal.
    When I ask my husband what he wants for dinner he responds "Something good" lol, or "whatever you cook" LOL or "I can't think about that right now" or "I just ate and I don't can't think about food right now" LOL. Or he'll shoot down every single option I give him. I almost always arrive at "ok so you'll just eat whatever I cook right?". He agrees heartily to this, so I want to know what HE wants, what HE craves!!!! I want to cook something he will love!! I want his damned input!

We have this conversation when I get bored in the kitchen with making the same stuff all the time..... his newest response has been "You know I'll eat anything you put in front of me".

REALLY!?? Anything??? :bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

3) Balled up socks so he can throw them at the dogs because it's funny... but i get the pleasure of pulling the dirty socks out straight before they go in the laundry - dude, really?

OMG! Hubs does that too. I think they are just trying to drive us crazy!

LOL mine doesn't roll them in a ball, but he does strip them off in his office under his desk and leave them on the floor along with 2 or 3 pairs of shoes. Then, when he has to pack for a business trip and he asks "did you do my whites? I need to buy more socks"...... I just havent had the heart to tell him to check his man cave.. LOL I bet ya there are 20 pair in there under his desk that I sure as heck am not picking up.
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Our biggest argument is WHO HAS TO GO TO SLEEP FIRST!!! I'm a light sleeper, and if he stays up he gets up 20 times, blares the tv etc. I've tried explaining to him that since I like the fan on and the tv super quiet with the lights off, and he likes lights on, fan off, tv loud to fall asleep he has to sleep first. How can I stay asleep when he turns off my fan, raises the tv volume 500% and turns the lights on?! All of that wakes a person. He has a hard time "making an argument" for his side, just says I'm wrong :p

He fell asleep an hour ago :x
  • 1980carrie
    Options
    i have two..... my oh always leaves his dirty dishes opposite th sink, directly opposite! why oh why cant he turn to the right instead of the left? he carries it in his right hand for goodness sake!, both my children do it too, i think they do it to wind me up! the second is when he gets in from work he takes his socks off and leaves them on the floor... made worse because his feet are RANCID!! and he leaves them on the floor at my side of the bed!! i can lie at night thinking whats that smell?? aaarrrrgghhh!!! the reek!! i still love him though, im sure ive plenty of flaws but hes too sweet to tell me. xx
  • jesster64
    jesster64 Posts: 109
    Options
    married 20 years, here goes
    #1. toilet seat. - why should we do twice the work, lifting and lowering?
    #2 sink- my wife keeps taking the strainer out of the sink. Because it gets clogged she says. No kidding, that mean empty it, not take it out alltogether. What always winds up happening is the sink fills with dirty water and now I'm supposed to stick my hand it it, clear out the drain and put the strainer back in. same dance, every freaking time.
    3. putting stuff away. - My wife will use a can opener, then leave it on the counter. Put the freaking thing away as soon as your done with it. Throw the freaking can in the bin if its empty. sheeesh!!!
    4. clothes drying on door knobs. - every doorknob in the house is bent from 50 pounds of clothes being hung from them. I will not replace them because they will just get bent again.
    5. water in the fridge. For the love of God, how many bottles of water does one need in the refrigerator? There's room for nothing else.
    6. zucchini.- stop buying zuchinni. Every once ina while I will find a bag of liquid zucchini in the fridge because it rotted away from non use. i don't eat it. stop buying it.
    7. stuff in the garage. just because there is an open space in the garage right in front of the door, stop putting stuff there. That is where we walk. Now we can't walk because you put stuff there, which i wind up moving to its correct place.

and another thing. women complain about men not helping enough with laundry. I don't see my wife volunteering to mow the lawn every week or shovel the driveway.
  • BigCountry00
    Options
    OMG, some of these responses are hilarious!!!!!