30 Day Shred - April 19 to May 18

Options

Replies

• sparkle327
    Options
    I am so intimidated by the thought of this but....I am signing up!! I really need the motivation to do this. I am so close to my goal. My beach trip is about 6 weeks away.

I did Day 6 Level 2 on Monday. Did Zumba on the wii last night. Tonight I will do Day 7 Level 2.
    I am alternating between 2lb and 5lb weights, depending on the excercise.

Plan for the week:
    04/20 - Day 7 L2
    04/21 – Day 8 L2
    04/22 – Day 9 L2
    04/23 – Day 10 L2
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    So many people :) I agree as others have mentioned its great that summer is coming. This will get us ready just in time.

Sparkle- I wish I had a trip to look forward too! Lucky u ur already on day 7

I will do my dvd when I get home from work tonight. I my hardest part will be the weekends,that's when I skipped days last time. But this time I am trying my very best to get it in. Its ONLY 20 mins!
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    wish I had seen this yesterday... skipped working out this morning and am going to the gym tonight, but will start tomorrow... I guess I'll be a few days behind. I've been doing Level 1 once or twice a week for about a month now... think I'm ready to try the complete 30 days in a row... still struggling with the push ups - but other than that can keep up with "the girls" on level 1
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Good morning shredders! Just finished L1D1 and I love this workout! I have used the DVD twice before in an attempt to get going on my 30 days but got derailed for some reason each time. I am looking forward to really finishing it this time. Woohoo.
  • emmigirl429
    emmigirl429 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Did L1D2 this morning and I feel great! It seems like it was a little easier (although I couldn't do the bicycle crunches at the end and had to modify) but it might be because I know what the workout consists of. I'm glad it's only 20 minutes because there are parts of the workout where I would probably quit if it were any longer!

sundinsgurl - I'd recommend to do your workouts first thing in the morning when you wake up especially since it is only 20 mins (if you can). That way, you won't be thinking about it all day as a chore or making excuses as to why you can't do it (too tired, too busy, etc.) Don't let the weekends ruin your workout buzz! :P
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I finished Level 1 Day 3 yesterday. Surprisingly my legs are starting to feel a little better today! They hurt so bad yesterday I couldn't even squat to sit down to go to the bathroom! :laugh: I had to kinda fall onto the toilet. But today I'm doing better! :smile:

Hopefully by day 10 I'll be ready to go to level 2!
  • mauck1975
    mauck1975 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    can I join? I did this video yesterday for the first time and want to continue.
  • Fehleesha
    Options
    I'm on day three today and I'm starting to feel pretty sore. I'm really liking it and working to sticking to everyday. I was wondering if anyone else combines the 30 day shred with anything else?
  • ak248902
    ak248902 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This group is exactly what I need. I started the DVD last night. Headed to the gym with my trainer (only my second session so we will see how it goes) today after work so my next shred work out probably won't be until tomorrow morning. I think doing it in the morning will work best for me, but we will see what I say about that tomorrow, lol.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    I would love to join!
    I just seen this post, funny thing is.....I just started the 30 day shred last night.
    Count me in!!!
    :bigsmile:
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    as mentioned before, the more the merrier :)

Just completed Level 1 Day #2 - phewww, it felt better than yesterday. I still struggle with the push ups as someone else mentioned, but as long as I try to do a few real ones than move onto the knee ones I think its ok.

My shoulders are really sore today, I think from the shoulder press and the side lunge and raise thing lol

Today I burned 109 cals instead of 105 :) so I think I pushed just a lil harder
    I switched to 5 lbs for the chest fly and think I will be doing that for shoulder rows and the biceps tomorrow (we'll see how sore I am)

Fehleesha - I am doing other exercise along with this - I can post that along with my daily report on completing the Shred. Tonight I have an indoor soccer game (44 mins). And yesterday I did a 32 minute wave runner machine class
  • sparkle327
    Options
    Day 7 L2 done!
    I am so intimidated by the thought of this but....I am signing up!! I really need the motivation to do this. I am so close to my goal. My beach trip is about 6 weeks away.

I did Day 6 Level 2 on Monday. Did Zumba on the wii last night. Tonight I will do Day 7 Level 2.
    I am alternating between 2lb and 5lb weights, depending on the excercise.

Plan for the week:
    04/20 - Day 7 L2
    04/21 – Day 8 L2
    04/22 – Day 9 L2
    04/23 – Day 10 L2
  • amerse04
    amerse04 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in serious need of motivation! I have the DVD and am trying sooooo hard to wake up before work to do the workout, but my bed seems to convince me to stay and sleep a bit longer. Anyone else feel like a slacker? I have a few weddings/ vacations coming up in the next couple months and so no time like the present to get my butt in gear.
  • chryciw
    chryciw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join too! I started on Monday, so I did L1D3 this morning. I also started C25K yesterday in the afternoon. I'm hoping the combination will really kick things into high gear leading into summer. This morning I noticed that it was definitely a little easier. I stopped very briefly (less than 5 secs) 3 different times, which is a big improvement over the 1st 2 days! :smile:

6221938.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am going to give this a try!
  • FitToFab
    FitToFab Posts: 47
    Options
    i started monday did tuesday but skipped wendsday...so day 3 is Thursday....
    L2 for me
  • mauck1975
    mauck1975 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did L1 D2 this morning:smile: I took yesterday off because I was not home till late. my sore body needed the rest and this mornings workout was not as bad as the first one:noway:

Happy shredding!!!:bigsmile:
  • ak248902
    ak248902 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm in serious need of motivation! I have the DVD and am trying sooooo hard to wake up before work to do the workout, but my bed seems to convince me to stay and sleep a bit longer. Anyone else feel like a slacker? I have a few weddings/ vacations coming up in the next couple months and so no time like the present to get my butt in gear.

YES!! I tried to get up this morning to workout and just couldn't either. I am going to try tonight, but won't get home until after 9. I just need to do it!
  • Fehleesha
    Options
    Awesome. I think I'm going to try adding other exercise to my daily routine since I have a lot of time this summer. :) I'm feeling pretty sore and tired but maybe doing something later in the evening would be good for me. :)
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Stayed up way too late (for me) last night and just couldn't crawl out of bed in time to workout - I have to get up at 5:00 am if I am going to get a work out in... my husband is on kid duty tonight so I will go hit the gym before I go home... will start 30 day shred tomorrow... guess I'm going to be yet another day behind everyone else...