When I Was Little, I Thought

Options
Heather75
Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben were married.

Tap water from the bathroom faucet tasted better than water from the kitchen faucet.

You?

Replies

• xSmileyLeighx
    Options
    That the moon really moved and followed me everywhere. haha :))
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    But... Tap water from the bathroom DOES taste better! :laugh:

I thought the blinking red lights on radio towers were Rudolph and his offspring.
  • Ehafe
    Ehafe Posts: 4
    Options
    I always thought water from the hose was great and a privilege to drink from when I was younger.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I thought that drinking pickle juice was like drinking regular juice and delicious to boot!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I believed that my Grandmother could see through brick walls. Let me explain. I once found a knife in the parking lot behind out house and was going to hide it from my parents who did not approve. Think was around 6 or 7 at the time. My grandmother was visiting and told me straight up: Give me the knife. Funny thing was their are no windows or doors through which see could have seen the parking lot. So I believed that somehow, grandmothers have x-ray vision. I know better now:)
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    I thought transformers on the electrical poles held peas in them. ......don't ask.:laugh:
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    i always thought running through sprinklers was better than my cousin's blow up pool.

that my sister's mom's treadmill would eat me if i got on it.

that if i let my feet hang off the bed in the middle of the night a giant saw blade would show up and trim everything hanging off my bed.

wow i was a morbid kid!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    not much:embarassed:
  • SierraBurns87
    SierraBurns87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That Ken doll was anatomically correct. :laugh:
  • BeeBones
    BeeBones Posts: 6
    Options
    that having ketuchup in my soup was normal.
  • real_eyes
    real_eyes Posts: 19
    Options
    ...that I could get away with eating carrots out of my grandpa's garden by simply replacing the tops in the ground. And I did... for a short while.
  • anakinlover
    anakinlover Posts: 109
    Options
    I thought that if I put both of my knees on top of a baton, I would be able to hold myself up in mid air! :embarassed:
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    That when I had an ear ache if i laid on that ear it would fall out.

... I had a lot of ear ache as a kid.

And that if I put my feet to the end of the bed I would disappear. Slept in the fetal position when I was a kid.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I believed that my Grandmother could see through brick walls. Let me explain. I once found a knife in the parking lot behind out house and was going to hide it from my parents who did not approve. Think was around 6 or 7 at the time. My grandmother was visiting and told me straight up: Give me the knife. Funny thing was their are no windows or doors through which see could have seen the parking lot. So I believed that somehow, grandmothers have x-ray vision. I know better now:)

She totally could see through brick walls! How cool, you Grandmother was a super hero!!! Do you have any super powers?

I thought my friends grandma was a witch and I would own a monkey when I grew up (I always wanted a monkey. I asked for one every Christmas and birthday until the age of twelve when I gave up. My Mom always said I could get one when I grew up. So why don't I have one? Cause now I'm grown up and don't want one any more- they are mean, can break your fingers cause their so strong and throw poop...)
  • JJtexasgirl
    JJtexasgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    that everyone's toilets overflowed when the yard was flooded (we lived in the country and had a septic tank)

that the crawdad's we caught would really fight to the death in the little corrals we built

that everyone had chickens in the back yard and got their eggs from the coop - the first time I saw eggs in the store, I was so confused

that if I pumped my legs enough on the swing, I could go all the way around
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Oh and I thought I could fly! I had a lot of dreams about flying and thought they must be real!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You mean he's not??????????????????
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    You mean he's not??????????????????

thsmiley_consoling.gif
  • christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    that having ketuchup in my soup was normal.
    LOL i used to do that too!!!
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    *BUMP* lol