When I Was Little, I Thought

Options

Replies

• BeeBones
    BeeBones Posts: 6
    Options
    that the sound in your ear when its pluged with water, was ants marching in my brain.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    that my parents were actually playing leap frog when I walked in on them once... hey... don't judge.. I was little and that's what they said...... lol
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    That the people on TV were actually IN the TV.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I thought there was a guy living under my bed with freakishly long arms and legs named "Wacky", and if one of my limbs dangled over the edge he would grab me take me to who knows where.

Needless to say, I wet the bed until I was seven...
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    That chest of drawers was pronounced chester drawers, lol!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    When my kids were little they thought that since moths would eat clothes, they could end up naked on the sidewalk if a moth ever landed on them.
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    That if you touched the leaves of an african violet plant they would die. My mom had several and I liked to touch them since they were fuzzy and soft so she told me that to stop me. Sadly I'll admit I didn't realize it wasn't true until I was much older:blushing:

My brother thought that if he jumped out the window with a blanket he could use it as a prachute....he broke his arm.
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    That "Broctoyouby" was a word introducing commercials on TV ("brought to you by")
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    I thought people on my TV, were actually in my TV.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I believed that my Grandmother could see through brick walls. Let me explain. I once found a knife in the parking lot behind out house and was going to hide it from my parents who did not approve. Think was around 6 or 7 at the time. My grandmother was visiting and told me straight up: Give me the knife. Funny thing was their are no windows or doors through which see could have seen the parking lot. So I believed that somehow, grandmothers have x-ray vision. I know better now:)

or DO you:huh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    That "Broctoyouby" was a word introducing commercials on TV ("brought to you by")

:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I thought all people had one TV for the picture and another for the sound. I had a BIG fight with my friend when she said they only had one TV:angry:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I thought that I could make orange juice from shredded up yellow dandelions.

I have a million of these, by the way. My parents probably should have taken me to a psychiatrist...
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    ...that i could chop squares of frozen snow and sell them to the neighborhood Mom's to keep in the freezer and give to their kids in the summer. (an entrepreneurial venture a friend and i had).

(my older sister) thought 'Omit Oil' meant a special kind of oil to put into the low-fat version of the cake mix.

(my younger sister) thought that she did not have to go back to school after the first day of Grade 1 because "All I am going to be is a Mommy" when she grew up.

As for bedtime nightmares, the cartoons where Sylvester etc would get into bed, put their feet under the blankets and someone else's feet would come out the bottom would terrify me! I was always afraid that someone would be in my bed and it would happen to me!
  • spyceechicn
    Options
    that the crazy wallpaper in my friend's bedroom came to life at night- lots of little gnomes climbed around on her wall at night (and there weren't even pictures on the wall paper, just some weird pattern)
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    When my kids were little they thought that since moths would eat clothes, they could end up naked on the sidewalk if a moth ever landed on them.

That is so cute!! :laugh:
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    that my kindergarten teacher was a witch.
    and the broomstick in the closet was her ride to work.

and that bill clinton was hot. (wtf was wrong with me?)
  • zianiH
    zianiH Posts: 68
    Options
    I thought there was a guy living under my bed with freakishly long arms and legs named "Wacky", and if one of my limbs dangled over the edge he would grab me take me to who knows where.

Needless to say, I wet the bed until I was seven...

me tooo (i mean wet the bed :blushing: )
  • locomotion
    Options
    that Cybertron was a real planet.

that was possible to create anthropomorphic turtles, and one day I'll "discover" the special chemical, create anthropomorphic turtles and go live with them in the sewers and fight crime, lol. :ohwell:
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That the moon really moved and followed me everywhere. haha :))

Me too :)