When I Was Little, I Thought

Options

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I used to be afraid of balloons. BALLOONS!
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    I never drank the chocolate milk that came in the gallon jug from the market because my dad always told me when we would ask for some that it was made from the regular white milk that had gone bad and they just add chocolate to it and put it back on the shelf. I still to this day can't drink chocolate milk! LOL!
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    I believed I could truly dig a hole to the other side of the world to see China...and that fire ants were my friends.

LOL! In 3rd grade me and my best friend spent every day digging a hole! Never ended up anywhere though!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I thought my dad was superman and would always be able to glue my Barbies heads back on, get my ball out of the tree and clean my scraped knee.
    I thought that i would play Barbies for the rest of my life with my sister because...what else was there to do?
    I thought little kids stayed little kids and that adults stayed adults....adults were never little kids once....that would be impossible.
    I thought it was normal not to have a mother and that older sisters were your mom, and that dads always did little girls hair.
    I thought the white lines in the sky was Santa Claus taking his sleigh for a test run even if it was July.
    I thought that if i woke up while Santa came Christmas Eve that he would leave before you came out and i would not get any presents.
    I thought children were supposed to be seen and not heard.
    I though flowers were where thumbelina really lived and that she lived right outside my window.
    I thought the lion picture hanging above my window became alive at night and watched me.
    I thought the toilet would swallow me at night and that i would drown.
    I thought that if you flushed a fish down the toilet, it was sent straight to heaven, but of course this only worked with animals not humans.
    I thought it was normal to play in the dirt and have holes in your jeans even as a little girl.
  • Heather75
    Options

I thought it was normal to play in the dirt and have holes in your jeans even as a little girl.

It is! I was that kind of little girl, too, and I am DEAD normal.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options

It is! I was that kind of little girl, too, and I am DEAD normal.

Haha ME TOO:)
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    That babies lived inside mommies tummy in a salad bowl with French dressing!
  • Heather75
    Options
    I thought my parents ordered me out of a catalog, I was delivered by a truck and arrived in a cage. (I'm adopted - how else would it work?)
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I believed that black velvet came from black puppy dog ears because they were so soft. Of course, I just throught there were tons of earless dogs (especially pugs) running around.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    The meaning of "wind shield factor" was how cold the air that hit the windshield was. I thought it was the windshield factor until I was 13.
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I used to be terrified of automatic flush toilets, and for the longest time I used to think that I should be the oldest one in the family because my birthday is in January.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i used to think i'd be completely safe from monsters, burglars, and sharks (yes, sharks) as i slept in my bed as long as i was completely covered by my blanket... as if it were some kind of impenetrable shield!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I thought that drinking pickle juice was like drinking regular juice and delicious to boot!

I loved pickle juice growing up
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I used to think that purple crayons were made out of raisins. I HATED raisins, so I never colored with my purple crayons.

I also thought that if I mixed my chocolate and vanilla swirl pudding together, it would taste like peanut butter once it turned tan.
  • TurtleCrush
    Options
    That my dad was my knight in shining Armour. Still feel that way.
  • TurtleCrush
    Options
    My dad always told me it was barking spiders when he farted. "See, there goes those barking spiders!" LMAO!!!!

So did my dad. Still does. Weird.

My dad still says that now a days. I thought he was serious and now I hear him say it and just laugh.
  • CherryteaMT
    Options
    I swore the water from the bathroom sink was WAY better. I also thought I was adopted, my sister told me I was and being the only blonde in my brunette family I completely believed it.

my brother told me i was adopted too..that my mom went to the hospital for some minor surgery and a lady named Sueanne (my middle name is Suanne) had me and couldnt take me home so my mom took me home...

peanut butter and chocolate sandwiches were the BOMB and so was saltine crackers with maple syrup on them...
  • CherryteaMT
    Options
    there was a song sung by Elvis called "Let me Be There" and the lyrics were "Let me take you to that wonderland where only two can share".....

i thought it was "Take me to that laundromat where only two can share"
  • jesster64
    jesster64 Posts: 109
    Options
    that if you swallowed a seed, a plant would grow inside of you
    If I marked a penny and put it in the bank account, I could look for it when they gave me all my money back.