Shorties - anyone under 5'3"??

Options

Replies

• smileybsa83
    Options
    I'm 5'2, shooting for 140. Haven't weighed that little since I was about 15...I will probably reevaluate when I hit that. When I was at that weight, I wasn't happy with it, but looking back now at the pictures, all I think is that I looked good! Guess I'll have to see when, not if, but WHEN I get back to it.
  • marielenrdz
    marielenrdz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I hate my height and I hate BMI recomendations! I was actually thinking of maintaining for awhile @ 5'2", 143lbs, sz 8. I've lost just under 50lbs and so many people tell me to quit now because I'm looking tired and sick in the face. The numbers are killing me, though because I know they don't jive. And I know what I look like nekkid!! Not pretty!!! I might be able to camoflauge the fat in clothes, but I feel like a fraud!!

The other reason, I was wanting to maintain is that I just can't seem to break out of the 140s. It was so much easier to lose when I was heavier. Even a few slip-ups and I could lose consistently. Now, it seems that I MUST maintain a rigorous and rigid diet and exercise routine in order for the scale to budge even one pound! It's so frustrating and I just don't think I can make it!! UGH!! Why can't I be taller and finally feel happy about my weight? :(
  • nuimproved
    nuimproved Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' even and aiming for about 115. I'm hoping that slow and steady wins this race!
  • thebunches
    Options
    I'm 5'3" (and I tell myself I'm 5'4" on a "tall day") and am currently 118. My GW is 107 since I remember how I looked when I weighed that before I had my youngest daughter (she's now 21 months). I'll be happy when I hit 110, but that 107 is my real goal. Oh, and I have to hit it by the end of May... I also need to TONE and put some of this saggy baby skin back where it belongs!!
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.75" (so I round up to 5'3") and according to the height/weight ratio, I should be between 111-148. I was about 115-120 in hs but I never ate. I just can't do that anymore. I'm shooting for 130 because I want to keep my curves now that I think they are sexy. I don't want to loose ALL of my booty - that's the part of my body my bf loves the most! :tongue:
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    5'2" here. Currently 139, shooting for 125. My biggest real goal is to get below 137, when I'll (finally!) be at a healthy BMI. From that point on, it's vanity. I have a medium frame, so I think somewhere in the 120-130 range is just fine.

It was the best feeling to enter the healthy BMI range. I am basing my goals on how fit I am, not thin. I want to be toned and muscular. Maybe I will drop, but gain a little back with more weight training.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet tall and my goal weight is 114. I've been lower than that but I loved how I looked and felt at that weight.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and my goal weight is 108, but I think I"m going to change it to 105. Anyway, I'm currently 110.5 and that's what I am in my profile pic....just took that yesterday!
  • cryssybaby77
    cryssybaby77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1 and plan on being anywhere from 110 to 120. :) I am at 177 right now.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", I set my goal at 110 lb, I'm not really sure if it's a very good goal, so I will do some adjustment when I get down to 120 lb.

I read a diet book long time ago (can't remember the book's name), it suggested women 100 lb for 5', then add 5 lb for every inch. With this suggestion, 115 lb will be ideal for me, but I will see how I feel when I get down to 120 lb.
    I think those are guidelines. It all depends on body composition and frame. I got down to 100lbs and looked too thin eventhough I have a small frame. Well not only did I look too thin but a size zero was too big on me and that was about 4 years ago.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and would like to get to 99lbs. Currently not sure where I am but I think about 112.
  • losingg
    losingg Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 124lbs. Looking to lose about 10 more! It's tough being short like this! Haha.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    im 5'3" and initially my gw was 126 but then i re-evaluated and decided on 122, currently 121 and am maintaining.

Im a size uk sz 8/10 (us 4/6) and love it! i feel comfortable in my skin and def feel like a yummy mummy! any lower and id lose my boob and butt and my hubby would not be happy.
  • katiejo2011
    katiejo2011 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 maybe a tad shorter and am aiming for 135 to 140. then will adjust if i need to.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and at 147.5. My goal weight is 115 but if I get to 125 I will be extremely happy :)
  • MeggieMae22
    Options
    I'm 5'1, and my goal weight is 125. Once I hit there I'll see how I feel about going to 120 or 115. Keep up the good work, and good job everyone. :)
  • Rice27
    Rice27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i am 5 2 ish lol and my goal is right at 130 - I have been less but I look really tiny when I go under 130.
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5, and currently at I think 154 pounds (my natural habitat is kilos and centimetres). I'm aiming for about 127 I think. But once I get there, I will reassess, look at my body, how clothes fit, how I feel, and decide whether to maintain or keep losing. I like my boobs and *kitten*, so I don't want to lose those!
  • Jillong
    Jillong Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and aiming for 120.
  • 963Nitro
    963Nitro Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Remember Ladies, you're not short, just Fun Sized! =P