When I Was Little, I Thought

Options

Replies

• beautifulnow
    Options
    ok so when I was like 6 I woke up to potty and my parents were sleeping on the floor..topless and my dad was a big guy and my mom was tiny...but as I looked at them in shock I realized that boy and girls switch boobs when they are sleeping lol...I am a weirdo
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    there was a song sung by Elvis called "Let me Be There" and the lyrics were "Let me take you to that wonderland where only two can share".....

i thought it was "Take me to that laundromat where only two can share"

That is a small laundromat. That's no way to run a business!
  • sweetsarah
    Options
    It was so neat that my mom could write on a piece of paper(check) to pay for the groceries and they would give her money besides! Couldn't wait till I could I could do that!!!!
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    that if i kept "experimenting" with myself, I would go blind!!!

NOT TRUE!!!! Living proof :)
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    you'll shoot your eye out....lol
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    lol always had to have my closet doors shut and my door open for quick escape from idk what i thought the trees outside my windows were alive that one kept me awake alot at night

and my brother used to think girls had the same body parts as guys but without balls and that they would sword fight and the girl would get pregnant dont understand that one but he was pretty young maybe hes still in the closet :noway: lolz
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    That a ray of sunshine through an opening of an otherwise cloudy sky meant that someone in that vicinity had died and was being lifted up to Heaven.

That a wedding or baby shower involved a bunch of people giving a bride or baby an actual shower. lol

My daughters are 3 and 4 and they believe that a crescent moon is actually "smiling" at them. :)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I used to be afraid of balloons. BALLOONS!

I am still afraid of latex balloons! The foil kind are fine, but latex balloons scare the hell out of me!

I remember us doing "How to" presentations in speech class in my first semester of college. Some girl did "How to make a balloon animal" and she was squeaking that thing at the front of the room and I started freaking out. Then she proceeds to say, "And I have enough for all of you to try!" and pulls out a black trash bag full of blown up balloons.

I had to leave the room. :embarassed:

When I was a kid I used to think "pregnant" was a bad word.

I know there are others; I just can't think of them right now! :(
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I thought I would grow up and have a completely different face :)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    That if I crossed my eyes long enough, they would get stuck.

That kissing got people pregnant.. Or if a guy peed in the toilet after a girl didn't flush (or vice-versa) that a baby would get stuck in the pipes. lol.

Oh! That if I stuck an egg in the microwave, it would hatch a baby chick. I even made a little bed for it and all, and then after a few minutes in the nuker, the door blew open and there was egg EVERYWHERE. Haha..
  • ej_xo
    ej_xo Posts: 75
    Options
    - I thought there were cameras on every single inanimate objects ...except BAND-AIDS (specifically BAND-AIDs, I don't know why...) LOL

- I thought that the rain drops on the windows were little worms and I named them all "Slither"

- Andddd I thought that companies only made ONE of each toy, so when the commercials would play on TV me and my little sister would fight over who got the toy.
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    ...that the lamp in my bedroom could see everything I was doing. (Was preparing myself to living in a metropolis in the 21st century with sec. cams everywhere).
  • KayleesTryin
    KayleesTryin Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I used to think that if you were going to have a baby you absolutely HAD to go to the hospital and have a Doctor deliver it... Because if you didn't how would you ever know if it was a boy or a girl if the doctor didn't tell you...
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    that chrysanthamum was a swear word :blushing:
  • 1980carrie
    Options
    when i was younger i asked my granny what it was like when the grass satrted to grow through green? lol. because all her photos were black n white i thought the world was black n white not the technology!.... i was around 9 or 10 when i asked so no excuses! lol xx
  • hazelbliss6
    hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I used to think when I grew up I would become a mermaid. I just really really believed it when ppl told me I could be ANYTHING I wanted to be someday.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    My kids believe when its thundering its Michael Jackson bowling.
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I believed that if I swing high enough and jumped hard enough I could fly

I believed I controlled the wind with my mind and breath
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    that Pink Floyd was a guy named Floyd with pink hair.

that Washington DC was in Washington state.

that if you didn't eat your dinner, old people at a nursing home would chew up your food and spit it in a jar, then put a tube down your throat and slide it down there.... thanks Dad! I ate my dinner after that.

that soda came from wells in Greenville (a place in Maine).

that sex was when two people got naked and kissed....learned that one at daycare. Lmao.

My Dad could convince me of anything, he was constantly telling me fibs. I would always say "you are lying, Dad!" and he was laugh and say, "it's not a lie, it's FIB." :)
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    I thought when I looked at black and white photos, that back then the world was black and white.

I used to think this as well, along with the black and white movies.