Share something interesting about yourself.

Options

Replies

• ladonne73
    ladonne73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of owls :indifferent:
  • tornberg1
    tornberg1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was on TV as a child. I was a dancer and performed as part of a dance troup all over the state at schools hospital for the disabled and at college football games. I was a drama major and acted in many plays. I was under weight until I was 35. I have lived in the far east Okinowa Korea- the middle east Iran- traveled though lebanon, syria, egypt, I have been to all the religious places in the Holy Land. I have lived in Europe. Have been to Eastern block countries East Berlin through checpoint Charlie. I have a piece of the Berlin Wall. I have been to he Chek republic. League is beautiful. Italy, Switzerland, Luxumberg, France Spain. Cruised around the Mediteranian sea.
    I have lived in New Jersey in a small area near Princeton where war of the worlds was filmed andwhere Einstien lived. I have lived in Washinton DC I have been in the Pentagon many times
    I lived in Chicago on lake Michigan. My most favorite place to live was San Francisco Ca. I am sorry I ever moved! Now I am lost in the desert southwest. I love the vistas and the skies and mountains. But I so miss the fog horn. I lived in an old Victorian close to the bay.
    I was an Army nurse for many years.
    I am codependant and working on my issues.
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    I use to have a puppet team and I was a puppeteer myself... I can make all different kinds of voices. I LOVE to rollerskate (old school skates, not roller blades), and I LOVE reggaeton music. :) Not sure if thats super interesting.
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    I can speak...four different languages Russian, French, English, and Arabic :blushing:
    and I was born in Nice', France
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    <
    Former runway model......age is a bit**. :sad:
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i'm organising a Steampunk festival in Chepstow this May! freaking out a bit as it's almost there!
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Wow guys the responses are amazing, you all have interesting things about you. Glad you all shared.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many interesting backgrounds! I'm also a big gamer (altho I like RPGs, not MMORPGs), and I also speak 4 languages - 3 fluently (English, German, Spanish) and one passably (French) since my mother is German, my dad American, and I was born in France, and lived in S. America.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I speak four languages (Spanish, English, Portuguese, Quechua) although everyone else in my family only speaks one.

I've never been stung by a bee.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    <
    Former runway model......age is a bit**. :sad:

Baby, you still got it
  • chubbachub
    chubbachub Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love Meryl Streep. Even though her character in Devil Wears Prada is a complete b@£$% I love it!
    Whilst training to be a doctor, I would speak to patients with smoking related illnesses and then go out and have a cigarette.
    I once saw Steve Martin in a video store whilst on holiday in Santa Monica.
    I once queued up to see Geri Halliwell of Spice Girls fame for my gay best friend (shameful).
    I had been on 12 aeroplanes before I was 1.
    I'd love to get tattoos all down my arm but it is frowned upon in my career.
    I was never as fat years ago as I really thought I was - looking back I was overweight but I could have dropped those pounds, but at the time I felt enormous and thought there was nothing I could do about it. I've realised now matter how big you are you can always be bigger and fatter - and then you'd look back and think god I wasn't that big. Basically its all relative, you just need to realise you can change it and that you've not as big as you really think you are - its not a hopeless cause.
  • Adudynski
    Adudynski Posts: 31
    Options
    I act more like a kid then my 3 year old...but I come off as very responsible and mature lol
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have been to more countries than states. I attended 7 different schools. I married someone that lived in the same house his whole life and I think he is the weird one. I am an army brat and we lived in Germany for 5 years when I was young, I also have a piece of the Berlin wall, we were living in Germany when it came down and got to see a lot of the changes that took place. Sometimes I forget that I have witnessed history.
  • ladonne73
    ladonne73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I act more like a kid then my 3 year old...but I come off as very responsible and mature lol

Lol....cute!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    i'm organising a Steampunk festival in Chepstow this May! freaking out a bit as it's almost there!

That's so awesome. I LOVE Steampunk and would be overjoyed to be able to attend a festival.

So when I was born the doctors though I had Spina bifida. Fortunately, that was not the case. What I did have was a Sacrococcygeal teratoma and as a result they removed my coccyx and part of my sacrum along with the growth. I've been told that there were various bizarre things inside the tumor, including hair and teeth.:huh:

So I have this lovely dent in my left butt cheek from the actual growth and a huge scar that runs the entire length of my butt crack.:grumble:
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that I was a blacksmithing apprentice at one time and that I went to early 1800's reenactments. I dressed as a fur trader, shot a muzzleloader and was pretty good at the axe, knife and hatchet toss.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I have been out in public in a coconut bra and grass skirt.
    I used to carry a gun for a living.
    I lived in a haunted house when I was 12.
    I have considered learning to hula.
  • Kolohe71
    Options
    i have a fear of deep open water.............. one i got through with something called NLP. I am now learning to scuba dive and have done 5 dives
    deepest 25 meters off Egypt

My deepest dive was 160ft (~50 meters) off the coast of Hawaii. Very dark & scary, but cool as he11.
  • Kolohe71
    Options
    I used to perform, hula dance...

My wife has been dancing hula for the last 6 years. Probably one of the biggest joys (turn-ons) in life is seeing your wife do the hula.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I am really shy in person....unless you know me then....its all about the partying!

I also love being different and doing thing my way no matta what the current "norm" is:)