90 Calorie Alfredo Sauce :D

Options

Replies

• torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    Has anyone other than the OP tried this?

Yes, I posted earlier that I made it yesterday. My husband and I liked it a lot, but my 21 year old son thought it was nothing at all like Alfredo Sauce. While I wouldn't go so far as to say it tastes like Alfredo sauce made with real cream and butter, it was pretty delicious.
  • ShellBelle76
    Options
    Has anyone other than the OP tried this?

Yes, I posted earlier that I made it yesterday. My husband and I liked it a lot, but my 21 year old son thought it was nothing at all like Alfredo Sauce. While I wouldn't go so far as to say it tastes like Alfredo sauce made with real cream and butter, it was pretty delicious.

Thank you.
    I'm going to give it a try. I'll see if I can fool my daughter into eating it. Haha...
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I bought the Classico Signature Recipe Light Alfredo Sauce this week. There are 60 calories in a 1/4 of a cup. My family really liked it. I made it using regular fettuccine. I don't care for the whole wheat stuff.
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
  • paavy
    paavy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    bump.

Thank for the recipe!!
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sounds yumm!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i must try this
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    thanks for the tip on the classico sauce! I want to try the recipe too, but a jar is nice to have around when a quick meal is needed :):flowerforyou:
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    bump

edit: would like to try over bed of greens!
  • Rockin33
    Rockin33 Posts: 58
    Options
    will try
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just to add to the few 'reviews' of this recipe...

I made this a few days ago for my mom and son and wife. Everyone really liked it. I boiled 1 head of cauliflower and then used about 1 cup of the boiled water to help get the consistency. I added about a tsp of garlic powder and 2/3 cup (240 cals based on the pkg) of fresh Parmesan cheese. I made some boneless skinless chicken breast with some onions and garlic that I added to the sauce after it was through the blender.Overall I would say this is excellent. My wife is making it again for supper tonight. This time we will use a little more garlic in it and we are going to add some green pepper as well.
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I bet you could even add Fat Free chicken stock in place of the water for even more flavor!!!
  • pjbranstetter
    Options
    Bump
  • Lacey34
    Lacey34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Really cook down the cauliflower, until it is fall-apart mushy. Use a immersion blender if you have one.

Cauliflower is also good as faux mashed potatoes!
  • pjbranstetter
    Options
    Bump
  • Fitmomtobe81
    Fitmomtobe81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! Yummy!
  • Marisela233
    Marisela233 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump