MFP conventions

Options
BigBeaver
BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
Okay, I am really bored, but I had a brilliant idea, and anybody is welcome to chime in, Mike, moderators, I don't care. I suggested this on my newsfeed to my personal MFP friends, but I thought of this as a great idea. I thought wouldn't be cool to have a MFP convention, where we could meet and get together and share stories in person, share successes, motivation or what have you. I also suggested hosting the convention her in Austin, TX. Maybe, we could even get some corporate sponsors for the convention, and I would be willing to put in the time, and work with others to organize this. I think it would be fantastic.

What do you think??

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Vegas, baby!
  • KayleighDawn13
    Options
    I agree...Vegas!! July 21, 2012 (my 21st birthday!) lol, I'd definitely be in for a MFP Convention (:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    How about it gets hosted in Dallas so I dont have to go anywhere lol
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Hellz ya!!! Tell me when and where..... I love Austin!:drinker: :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Divorce lawyers will be standing by! :laugh:
  • marshalemar
    marshalemar Posts: 106
    Options
    How about starting off the first year by doing a mini convention in every state and we can grow from there to a national level.
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    How about it gets hosted in Dallas so I dont have to go anywhere lol

Or WV!!! lol
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options

True. But funny... lol
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    How about starting off the first year by doing a mini convention in every state and we can grow from there to a national level.

THAT'S a good idea! Or even regional, if people don't wanna organize 50+ conventions!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options
    Vegas, baby!
    ...Vegas works too.... I am easy!
  • BigBeaver
    Options
    I, only suggested Austin, because I live here, obviously, but I have worked at many of the hotels, convention centers, and so on, and through those connections, and others I have made, I think I can get great rates and so on. Plus, if you have never experience Austin, you would love it. Sixth St. In the downtown area, has well over 200 bars and restaurants with tons of live music, be a fun place to celebrate our success and fun, and party with some good people.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Nice...a chance for the police to finally use their riot dispersing weaponry.
  • lidado
    lidado Posts: 41
    Options

True. But funny... lol

LMAO!! Yeppers, I agree... But, I'm so in!! I think Austin is AMAZING!!
  • lidado
    lidado Posts: 41
    Options
    Vegas, baby!
    ...Vegas works too.... I am easy!

Easy??!!?!?! Really??!!?!?! *winks*
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    I think it's an awesome idea. I'm sure you can get enough corporate sponsors to cover the costs.
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome idea!

Divorce lawyers will be standing by!
    That is some funny stuff right there!
  • BigBeaver
    Options

Well, I would encourage bringing spouses, as my lovely wife is a member on here as well. No divorce lawyer needed.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    It would be nice to have a forum called "Regional" and then broken down to places like "West Coast", "East Coast" "Southern", "New England", ect where local members of those areas could post and maybe start own get togethers if they wanted to.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options
    I, only suggested Austin, because I live here, obviously, but I have worked at many of the hotels, convention centers, and so on, and through those connections, and others I have made, I think I can get great rates and so on. Plus, if you have never experience Austin, you would love it. Sixth St. In the downtown area, has well over 200 bars and restaurants with tons of live music, be a fun place to celebrate our success and fun, and party with some good people.
    I concur,....... for those who have not had the opportunity to party.... er,.. I mean visit the fine cultural center of Austin, Texas..... you wont be disappointed!

Austin gets my vote.....and it was your idea and you have the connections to put something like this together
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options

Well, I would encourage bringing spouses, as my lovely wife is a member on here as well. No divorce lawyer needed.
    Same here.... mine has been an MFP member for a while and would certainly be there as well....