So anyone noticing a change in their dating life?

Options

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    i have seen a change. funny enough, i get less attention than when i was heavier. don't think i've been approached by a man in about 4 months, when i was about 20 pounds heavier. AND when i would go out with friends before, i was always the one getting approached/attention.. now? nothing at all. =/

Maybe they are just not in your league now...... You look amazing!!! They're probably just intimidated and think that they'd never have a chance!! :drinker:
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    I noticed alot of guy noticed me more when I started tanning...I dont know why but I feel like I get hit on more...now
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Yep since the divorce I've had as many dates as my ex did during the marriage. But it's too early to tell with the weight loss.

Ouch. :embarassed:
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    What's dating???.....LOL! LOL! I forgot what it's like.....LOL! I'm 65, single, and not really searching but would love to have a companion....even a lot of the old fuddy duddies want a slim, fit, blond with blue eyes, intelligent, working at a high dollar job, etc.
    I'm a slightly chubba whubbba lady with brown hair and eyes, muffin top, rolls on my back, sagging booty, varicose veins, and more....LOL!LOL!...........don't think I'm the date they're looking for.
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Still single here too... Though I have noticed that since I've turned into a more serious runner and have been keeping track of what I eat, more ladies are noticing me when I go for a run around the lake. Of course, with my luck, if I turn to say hello to them as I run by I'd probably end up smacking into a sign post...
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    VixFit .. your too funny ... with a great sense of humor ... I am just at that point of thinking about dating ... but been thinking about it for a while .. cannot seem to get myself motivated to date ... had a bad experience so went back into my hole .. and gained weight ... now that I have only about 15 or so to go ... I am hoping I get my foot out the door ... but .. it has been a good motivational tool if nothing else ...
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    No changes here yet...no looks, no approaches, not even a bashful smile. But then, I don't get out much since none of my friends live locally. I'm either at work at the gym or in transit between them.

Where do women who are alone even go to meet men?
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I want to date more, but my wife voted me down.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    First day at work a (really cute) girl began asking a co-worker a lot of questions about me. I just found out recently, so said co-worker is going to try to help me out, but I'm nervous because it's been nearly a month, haha.

If she's not still interested then I've noticed, in the last two weeks (by which point I had dropped another 20 pounds, so I'm really quite svelte now), girls making eyes at me nearly every day on the train, or out and about. Happiness :)
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    MKleder, that is the million dollar question..
    When I lost weight the last time, I got a lot of my guy friends saying stuff about how hot I was, but the only attention I got from single guys were booty calls. The guys I was interested in were asking my dating advice, wth!

So, no advice, just a shrug, sorry.

GG
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    No changes here yet...no looks, no approaches, not even a bashful smile. But then, I don't get out much since none of my friends live locally. I'm either at work at the gym or in transit between them.

Where do women who are alone even go to meet men?

Such a good question, although I am not for online dating, I can kind of see why some people do it. Between work, gym and my son, I never go out either.
  • GrimJeeper95
    Options
    You mean aside from the fact that I don't have one? Of course, if any of you ladies are interested in changing that, I'm open :wink:
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Haha.....welll.....not dating but...have gotten more offers!
  • ThermalYew1
    ThermalYew1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I still can't get one girl to notice me lol...
  • JEK717
    Options

Haha dude...just how many girls do you have on your friends list...check check check again!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I know people say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, however, let's admit it that men are more visual and of course the more weight that comes off the more eyes notice you, doesn't mean its right but sometimes its the case. So just wanted to know if your noticing that your getting noticed? :love:

I guess I would say YES
    BUT I think a lot of it has to do with your attitude, and how open/warm you are to meeting new people etc

I have to agree it has to do with your attitude as well
  • ThermalYew1
    Options

Haha dude...just how many girls do you have on your friends list...check check check again!

LOL! I'm talking about girls that I can actually date LOL! In real life though... its pathetic LOL!
  • JEK717
    Options

LOL! I'm talking about girls that I can actually date LOL! In real life though... its pathetic LOL!

Haha yeah i knew what you meant...just wanted to state that. Haha yeah...but its not pathetic!
  • ThermalYew1
    Options

Haha yeah i knew what you meant...just wanted to state that. Haha yeah...but its not pathetic!

Naah... it kinda is... but thanks! haha! :)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I have noticed girls smile at me more, still freaks me out. I'm married, but if I wasn't, I probably be single just thinking the same thing about the smiles.