Is it me or do I see slim ppl wanting to lose weight

Options

Replies

• jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    People carry weight differently. I am one of those people. I weigh a lot more than I look.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yes I noticed that too!! its really annoying like they know that they dont need to loose weight but just say they do to make the people (me) who really need to drop some LBs jealous...... i dont know maybe its just me who thinks that way!!!!

Umm I doubt that. Thin girls are unhappy with themselves too. They have trouble areas as well.
    I dont think they get on mfp wanting to make others feel bad
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I do get rather fed up with the "I weigh 115 and want to be 110" people.

Those 5 lbs. may be the difference between fitting into one's clothes and not. And for someone my height, that's right about the middle of the healthy range of BMI (20.1 to 21.0). I'm not aiming for 101 lbs. (BTDT and my collarbones jut out unattractively) but even that would put me within the healthy range for BMI.

Which is why I then went on to say for people taller than 5'4". Obviously short people are going to weigh less.

I have been misquoted annoyingly often this evening.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING PURE AND GOOD IN THE WORLD STOP JUDGING PEOPLE!!!

Are you happy? You made use all caps. I hope you're proud.
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options

*LIKE* <made me use all caps too:grumble:
  • DancingYogini
    Options

AMEN!!! And, I love your Buddha quote :drinker:
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that if you have a problem or are jealous of someone else's weight, that's YOUR problem. Not theirs. Everyone is different. Some people are 115 and trying to get down to 110 to look leaner. As a lot of people have said, some people are on maintenance. I'm 140 and trying to lose. I know that's some people's ultimate goals, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be on the site or post because I want to be smaller than someone's goal. If someone is trying to get to 110 from 115 good for them. As long as they're doing it the healthy way, it's really no one's business WHAT the goal is. If you get upset because someone who weighs less than you is losing maybe you should check yourself before you judge other people. I read somewhere on the post that "skinnier" people shouldn't be judged any more than heavier people should and that's the d*mn truth.

As far as ED and BDD goes, it's not for attention. The pro-ana community is here and they'll do what they want no matter what anyone says. I'm not saying it's healthy at all. I had anorexia for 8 years. I'm very familiar with the disease. Bottom line: if you don't want to see it don't look at it.
  • liagarden
    liagarden Posts: 54
    Options
    Yeah--one (young??) lady told me it wasn't her picture at all--she wanted to remain anonymous. Well, being the concerned Jewish mother that I am, I friended her, just to make sure she wasn't anorexic. Who knows what she is, or age, or anything. Guess I just worry too much (my son would say that.) I worry so much about young people. [40 years ago we just had civil rights, Manson, assassinations, the Viet Nam war, Nixon, Watergate, to worry about. Hah! ] Nobody worried about "body issues."
    My nephew watches Jersey Shore and the Kardishians every day. Makes me want to puke. Hardly eats vegetables, but consumes tons of protein bars, protein powder, yogurt, eggs, cold cereal and milk EVERY day. He doesn't have an ounce of fat on him, but this is not a healthy diet. When I was 17 I ate everything, and didn't have an ounce of fat on me, either. He thinks it's the protein powder, but who listens to someone who studied physiology, diet and nutrition and is 46 years older than them? Think I might have learned something he doesn't know in those 46 years???
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think your goal weight should be based on a Healthy BMI. For every person I see who aspires to lose a little more than perhaps "shows" in their photographs, there are well meaning people on MFP who feel that they should "stop" dropping pounds as soon as they hit "under obese."

Many people, who have a huge amount of weight to lose, convince themselves that they have a "large frame." I was one of those people. I don't have a "large frame." I am fairly tall -- 5' 8 1/2 inches, with a size 9 1/2 shoe. So I am long boned. But my frame is either "medium" or "small to medium."

It's difficult to determine a weight goal when you are too far away from goal. Each person should reach the weight she or he feels most comfortable with -- of course within a healthy BMI -- and, if possible, under the approval of a health care professional.

It is an individual choice. Fitness is #1! Some people are going to feel and look best on the lower or upper ends of the spectrum. Let's be supportive of everyone making a healthy choice for her/him self.
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have seen anorexic girls on here (mainly teens) who were emaciated and looked like they came out of a concentration camp. They had ridiculous weight loss goals and even more ridiculous food diaries. A couple of girls were consuming only 500 calories a day and exercising enough to burn 500!! I said something to one of them in a private message voicing my concern and she immediately shot me down. I just leave them alone and focus on myself. I think they do it for attention.

I'm right there with you.
    It's sad when I see some of these young beautiful girls and what they are doing to themselves.
    I have a daughter and dread the thought of her doing the same things.
    If you make any comments, they violently shoot you down and belittle your comments.
    I stay out of those threads now.

Mind my own business and hope they find help through other avenues.
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options

This. My profile picture is me 2 years ago, about 20 lbs lighter, and it's where I want to be again, if not thinner than that. If I want to be thin, it's not really up to you to judge me for it. Worry about your own calories and I'll worry about mine. :)
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have never been heavy, and I want to keep it that way.

Never over 140 except when pregnant, and I have exercised regularly for 20 years.

I have gained some weight over the last year... it happens to us all as we get older. I just want to make sure that I stay within the range where I feel good, and this site helps me to watch what I eat and keep track of the input vs.output..

I didn't see a weight limit on either end when I joined, so I guess its OK for people of ALL sizes to be here.
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    When you have 100 pounds to lose, it's hard to understand the person who only wants to lose 5. But, if you continue on this journey, you will one day be that person. Then you might wish you hadn't said or thought some of the things on here. It's easy to judge when you're so far removed from the situation and maybe have never been close to your goal. But those who are close to their goals have an entire different set of issues - issues that you, too, may have some day. Hopefully you will get the support that you seem reluctant to give now. (btw, this "you" is not for the OP - it is for anyone who needs the gentle reminder.)
  • appleofmyeye
    Options
    Mine looks exactly like me.

Teehee. :)
  • appleofmyeye
    Options
    Mine looks exactly like me.

Teehee. :)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    <
    Its all me when I had lost 31lbs now Im sitting at 140 and yes I am looking to loose more but I upped my calories and Im not rushing it I am okay if the last couple of lbs take a year longer to fall off my goal now is to work my muscles and have started weight training to ChaLEan!!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    My profile pic is 20 years old lol

:laugh: and it's awesome, FearAnLoathing!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

*Stands and cheers*
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    don't feed the troll.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Everyone is welcomed here at MFP. Even if they only have 5 pounds to lose, they may need the help and support from us. We all struggle with food issues. I can't see any reason why anyone of healthy weight shouldn't be on here. They may just want to maintain their weight, or maybe they would like to be a role model to us. Let's not hate, cuz one day I hope to be there. I think I would like to stay on this site. I have developed many friendships and support, I don't wish to lose it.