So what do you think of the new forums?

j4nash
j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
edited October 2014 in Chit-Chat
Edit: I like the notifications! Very cool! Is there any way to make the forum page wider? I've got about 30% white space on either side. I'll test w/ other browsers.

Replies

• j4nash
    edited October 2014
    timmah
  • Herelum
    Herelum Posts: 68 Member
    edited October 2014
    don't they? yeah its on the left
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    I dont like it at all! I dont like how I cant see the topic title anymore so I do not really know what I am clicking into on the main forum page.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    I had to log in again to be able to comment... odd. Also, the smilies are even more limited, not that I thought that was actually possible. :|
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    so far it seems kind of slow ..and I noticed when it go "my discussions" a topic that i just posted in was not at the top ..maybe I just like the old system, but, so far, not digging this update…however, I do like the fact that they wiped out all my strikes!
  • j4nash
    edited October 2014
    I think the forum width on the page needs to be wider by about 20-30% and push the ads etc. to the right to align with the right side of the screen. It's too small right now and looks to be boxed into the same frame as the daily feed. Beyond that I think it is a great improvement!
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Yeah I had to login again to post this...that was annoying. It's also kind of slow.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited October 2014
    I do not like it. My discussions i used to just bookmark my own topics. They took old the 25 thread you recently post in .
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    I agree about the forum page not being wide enough - on the main page the "popular groups" block on the side comes up larger than the actual forum listing. Very poor design.

Oddly the REPLY area is showing the text about 3 times bigger then the actual forums are showing for me too.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited October 2014
    I haven't given it a chance, and probably won't. Most forum updates suck. Oh, what's in 'my discussions' isn't current at all, so I assume the forums have been pruned. My guess is, the updates were done to accommodate more advertising. That's what usually drives these things.
  • ndj1979
    is it just me or are the pics smaller too ….???
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Huh.. Just wanted to see what happens when you quote someone.

• j4nash
    yes, the pics are smaller. Hopefully the formatting will be adjusted to make everything on the forum page a bit wider.
  • yopeeps025
    edited October 2014
    idgaf14 wrote: »

Huh.. Just wanted to see what happens when you quote someone.

me too show previous quote :confused:
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Now I have to dig my glasses out to see the pics. This could be a game changer...seriously. Oh and it used to say I was a member since March 2008. Was kind of proud of that streak...now who would know? (more importantly...who would care?)
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    So far gota get used to it I guess, Pics of users a lot smaller, no ignore button, and the smileys suck. And cause I cant spell it still needs a spell checker.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member

No they definitely are smaller.

• yopeeps025
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    So far gota get used to it I guess, Pics of users a lot smaller, no ignore button, and the smileys suck. And cause I cant spell it still needs a spell checker.

:lol:
  • ndj1979
    way to go MFP ..you took a good system and made it suck ….nice...
  • ndj1979
    curious - how do you track the forum topics that you have posted in????