Replies

• Sphyk1
    Sphyk1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I miss the tickers
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I also think it is a mistake to not allow us to see the posting history of others, as seeing a posting history can help us get a better idea of the situations individuals are posting about, in particular if an ED is involved.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Steven wrote: »
    (Hot tip: click the star at the top of any topic you want to follow and you can jump to those topics in the star menu at the top right… and when you return to a topic, you're placed at the last post you read)

Does this mean that those I've posted to in the past won't be appearing anywhere for me unless I track them down and star them?

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    I do not like it thus far. Text is far too small, pictures are far too small and I had been hoping for a 'like' option for posts, the same as you get on your newsfeed.

There are a bunch of features (such as Likes) that we can turn on as we go forward. We've started with a smallish set of the available features so we can achieve stability before we start opening Pandora's box.

We are encouraging feedback and suggestions in Website Suggestions topic.

Cool! The forum software being used here is very robust, but keep in mind everyone, that there is a lot of hardware/software activity that goes on behind the scenes to support such a large member base.

I agree with the approach of starting small, better that than enabling every single feature and the forums crash.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I also think it is a mistake to not allow us to see the posting history of others, as seeing a posting history can help us get a better idea of the situations individuals are posting about, in particular if an ED is involved.

Agreed !
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Like +1

• DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Have all the multi-thread topics been concatenated?
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    j4nash wrote: »
    I do not like it thus far. Text is far too small, pictures are far too small and I had been hoping for a 'like' option for posts, the same as you get on your newsfeed.

There are a bunch of features (such as Likes) that we can turn on as we go forward. We've started with a smallish set of the available features so we can achieve stability before we start opening Pandora's box.

We are encouraging feedback and suggestions in Website Suggestions topic.

Cool! The forum software being used here is very robust, but keep in mind everyone, that there is a lot of hardware/software activity that goes on behind the scenes to support such a large member base.

I agree with the approach of starting small, better that than enabling every single feature and the forums crash.

Ya crashing aint no good :\
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    DenDweller wrote: »
    Have all the multi-thread topics been concatenated?

lol yep! 39k replies on one, whoah!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    My ticker is gone too. :(

Yeah, no more tickers. No more number of posts/join date. And I don't see any ability to see a user's other posts. Those were all features I used often.

I see number of posts.. O_o

Maybe it's because I'm reading from a mobile browser then. Can't wait to see what it looks like from my regular computer in the morning.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Yeah, no more tickers. No more number of posts/join date. And I don't see any ability to see a user's other posts. Those were all features I used often.

Maybe it's because I'm reading from a mobile browser then. Can't wait to see what it looks like from my regular computer in the morning.

don't hold your breath ..the view from your computer is not going to be impressive either..I think I am going to go blind trying to read text on here….they need to increase the font size...
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm a BIG fan!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    The recent post now is quicker. I had like a 5 minute lag time on post.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

don't hold your breath ..the view from your computer is not going to be impressive either..I think I am going to go blind trying to read text on here….they need to increase the font size...

ctrl + to zoom in on the computer page. I am on 200% zoom now.

• yopeeps025
    Options
    Star feature is pretty nice too.
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Thats a lot better , I can read again.

• yopeeps025
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »

I just went straight to ctrl + after first looking at these forums :lol:
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Yes, the font thing is annoying - zooming in is great until I try to go to anything other than these forums and it looks GIANT. So far just not well executed. But hey at least the groups block on the right is like twice the size of the forum postings now - that is awesome (oh, wait...no, no it's not.)
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »

I just went straight to ctrl + after first looking at these forums :lol:

See I learned something new today ! :D