• Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    DenDweller wrote: »
    I think my dog draws better smilies when he pees in the snow. :p

I know I can !
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    My ticker is gone too. :(

Yeah, no more tickers. No more number of posts/join date. And I don't see any ability to see a user's other posts. Those were all features I used often.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    ok now that i have looked at it... how do i find discussions i posted in, not just ones i created? why is it so hard to read? whats with all the white space and tiny bunched together font? why cant you read the topics on the main page without hovering. i am sure these changes are for mobile use but one needs a forum that works well for both and so far... i see it as not that improved. except for all those editing options and picture adding, which is very cool.
  • Hammybone
    Hammybone Posts: 36 Member
    It will take some getting used to.
    I don't hate it.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member

I had to click on Recent Discussions just to be able to read the whole headline for the threads ;)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I do not like it thus far. Text is far too small, pictures are far too small and I had been hoping for a 'like' option for posts, the same as you get on your newsfeed.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    I do not like it thus far. Text is far too small, pictures are far too small and I had been hoping for a 'like' option for posts, the same as you get on your newsfeed.

+1 will have to do for likes still.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    My ticker is gone too. :(

Yeah, no more tickers. No more number of posts/join date. And I don't see any ability to see a user's other posts. Those were all features I used often.

I see number of posts.. O_o
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »

There are a bunch of features (such as Likes) that we can turn on as we go forward. We've started with a smallish set of the available features so we can achieve stability before we start opening Pandora's box.

We are encouraging feedback and suggestions in Website Suggestions topic.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    chadya07 wrote: »
    ok now that i have looked at it... how do i find discussions i posted in, not just ones i created? why is it so hard to read? whats with all the white space and tiny bunched together font? why cant you read the topics on the main page without hovering. i am sure these changes are for mobile use but one needs a forum that works well for both and so far... i see it as not that improved. except for all those editing options and picture adding, which is very cool.

because the update blows donkey nuts…?
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    (Hot tip: click the star at the top of any topic you want to follow and you can jump to those topics in the star menu at the top right… and when you return to a topic, you're placed at the last post you read)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    The number of new post threads show might be the only new feature I like.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    j4nash wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    curious - how do you track the forum topics that you have posted in????

My Discussions at the top of the page

Mine just has the discussions I started, not all of those I've posted in. Am I missing something obvious?

yea, mine is the same …when I click that it just shows topics that I started, not topics that I have been posting in …

annoying..

maybe it is a temp bug...

Sad. That was the easiest way to follow up with someone asking for advice to make sure they got the answers they needed and didn't have any more questions.

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Steven wrote: »

Apparently, at some point we can bookmark any topic to follow. I assume, without posting in it. I see no explanation of how we can follow current topics we've posted in though.

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited October 2014
    Somehow a discussion that has been around forever (Official Nightworker Thread) has disappeared. It would not link from my profile via a comment I made just the other day.
    Time for a practice picture here:
    sy0ec2p19os9.jpg
    Perhaps this didn't work like an above poster because the image is quite large - I have a good camera.
    Hmm, the whole thing will take some getting used to - finding everything again.

Not sure how I ended up with three pictures!? WHAT! now the other two copies disappeared? ... :o
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    edited October 2014
    Well, it's a change. The jury's still out on whether I like it or not. However, for the time being...I miss the way it was.

In the meantime...

tumblr_static_lie-down-try-not-to-cry-cry-a-lot.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Steven wrote: »
    (Hot tip: click the star at the top of any topic you want to follow and you can jump to those topics in the star menu at the top right… and when you return to a topic, you're placed at the last post you read)

oh I see …that is kind of annoying as I will have to star every thread that I comment in, rather then just having MFP do it and they show up in "my topics"