So what do you think of the new forums?

Options

Replies

• OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Okay so i did some research in the code and it looks like they are using the vanilla forum framework ( which is mobile friendly) and voila i am on my phone lurking the forum and it is so much better looking on my phone than via the web browser. Very interesting.

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    It blows. Really.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Okay so i did some research in the code and it looks like they are using the vanilla forum framework ( which is mobile friendly) and voila i am on my phone lurking the forum and it is so much better looking on my phone than via the web browser. Very interesting.

That's awesome that it works better on phones... except for those of us who mainly use a computer for the forums.... For us, it sucks.
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    GothyFaery wrote: »

That's awesome that it works better on phones... except for those of us who mainly use a computer for the forums.... For us, it sucks.

I agree completely. Plus...this is soft launch...and we get to "enjoy" things while all the bugs and kinks and narliness is worked out. I bet the entire site is going to go through a revamp (oh joy!)
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    At first I was kind of meh about it, until I saw you can attach an image without hosting it on another site. Now I'm cool with it all.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    At first I was kind of meh about it, until I saw you can attach an image without hosting it on another site. Now I'm cool with it all.

I'm on board with that too.

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    _TylerJ wrote: »
    sloth3toes wrote: »
    What I wonder is.... how many people will spend less or no time on MFP forums, now that these changes have been made. The last forum I was on that made big sweeping FaceBook style changes like this, lost most of their core members, and was left with the kids. I tried the notifications thing, overnight, and with 100 notifications just from this thread, had to turn it off. I for one, will be spending much less time on MFP, it now just annoys me.

CYA

I didn't know there was "core members"

Think, 'mean people.' The ones who actually know what they are talking about.

• _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    _TylerJ wrote: »
    What I wonder is.... how many people will spend less or no time on MFP forums, now that these changes have been made. The last forum I was on that made big sweeping FaceBook style changes like this, lost most of their core members, and was left with the kids. I tried the notifications thing, overnight, and with 100 notifications just from this thread, had to turn it off. I for one, will be spending much less time on MFP, it now just annoys me.

CYA

I didn't know there was "core members"

Think, 'mean people.' The ones who actually know what they are talking about.

All those people are still here.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I hate it. I keep hearing about "notifications" and there are no notifications anymore. If I want to see if there are more comments on a thread on which I've posted, I have to manually go through the menus to find the thread again... and they are constantly re-ordering so it is hard to find.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    GothyFaery wrote: »

I agree completely. Plus...this is soft launch...and we get to "enjoy" things while all the bugs and kinks and narliness is worked out. I bet the entire site is going to go through a revamp (oh joy!)

I figure the rest of the site would follow the revamp soon too. I do think it's odd that Fitbit seems to be having a hard time syncing for a lot of members now. Might just be a coincidence but seems to me they might have been toying around with that stuff too.
  • Hammybone
    Hammybone Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Does anybody know why we can't see profiles anymore?
  • TheSnarkasticSkyscraper
    Options
    Meh. They're still full of the same old ish.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    The only thing I like is that it has thread memory, so I don't have to keep scrolling through a thread to find where I left off. Other than that...I'm not a fan.
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Can't figure out how the bookmarks work
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    trojan_bb wrote: »
    I have great vision, but this layout and avatar size is giving me a migraine

+1

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    THIS IS AMAZING!!! :innocent:

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »

I love you more than toast.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »
    You're good people, Odus.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,223 Member
    Options
    I hate it. I keep hearing about "notifications" and there are no notifications anymore. If I want to see if there are more comments on a thread on which I've posted, I have to manually go through the menus to find the thread again... and they are constantly re-ordering so it is hard to find.

You select the star on a post you want notifications from and up in the top right corner you will see a notification icon with a star beside it. Clicking the notification icon will show the notifications, clicking the star icon will show the topics you have starred.