So what do you think of the new forums?

Options

Replies

• N2Couture
    N2Couture Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    Looks odd in comparison to the way they looked before.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I hate it. I keep hearing about "notifications" and there are no notifications anymore. If I want to see if there are more comments on a thread on which I've posted, I have to manually go through the menus to find the thread again... and they are constantly re-ordering so it is hard to find.

You select the star on a post you want notifications from and up in the top right corner you will see a notification icon with a star beside it. Clicking the notification icon will show the notifications, clicking the star icon will show the topics you have starred.

That is for bookmarks, and yes, I finally started getting notifications. However, I was initially trying to figure out how I was going to change my notification settings. According to the FAQ, you click on the bell, right?! That does not work UNTIL you get a notification. So you cannot set your notification settings unless you actually have notifications. Ugh.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Okay so i did some research in the code and it looks like they are using the vanilla forum framework ( which is mobile friendly) and voila i am on my phone lurking the forum and it is so much better looking on my phone than via the web browser. Very interesting.
    Wow, if it looks better on the phone than PC it must be absolute *kitten* on a computer, because it looks confusing and horrible from a mobile.

• GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Anyone know how to make it stop saying how many new posts (in a yellow box on the Recent Discusssions page) next to every title? I accidently hit the "mark all as read" button and now these yellow boxes are everywhere!!!

I really don't care that there have been 51 new posts to the "would you send a nude..." thread!!
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    GothyFaery wrote: »
    Anyone know how to make it stop saying how many new posts (in a yellow box on the Recent Discusssions page) next to every title? I accidently hit the "mark all as read" button and now these yellow boxes are everywhere!!!

I really don't care that there have been 51 new posts to the "would you send a nude..." thread!!

@srslybritt cares. You should too.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Kind of weird...eh.
  • Icoza87
    Icoza87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Definitely more of a lurker.. but I kinda like it.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    sixout wrote: »

So much. I care so much.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options

But I never even read it :cry: I never ready any of these threads but because I pushed a button they are all screaming at me about new posts!

Can I have my old forum back please?
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options

But I never even read it :cry: I never ready any of these threads but because I pushed a button they are all screaming at me about new posts!

I asked @baba_helly and she said no, sorry.
  • cristyfarah11
    cristyfarah11 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Now the pictures are smaller, don't really like that :(
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    to be decided!
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I have been doing some of the beta testing so I'm already familiar with some of the new features, miss my ticker though :(
  • CharlieMurtagh
    CharlieMurtagh Posts: 1,742 Member
    Options
    Honestly not that impressed.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    It will take getting used to and I haven't been here long.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    My ticker is gone too. :(

Yeah, no more tickers. No more number of posts/join date. And I don't see any ability to see a user's other posts. Those were all features I used often.

This exactly- Unfortunately, the only thing positive for me is ease of adding pics. However I rarely do this. I can't find my posts & conversations- HUGE negative. I, so far, don't like it. No dates- Hate that.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

I asked @baba_helly and she said no, sorry.

I might reconsider for @sixout

• Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    My ticker is gone too. :(

Yeah, no more tickers. No more number of posts/join date. And I don't see any ability to see a user's other posts. Those were all features I used often.

This exactly- Unfortunately, the only thing positive for me is ease of adding pics. However I rarely do this. I can't find my posts & conversations- HUGE negative. I, so far, don't like it. No dates- Hate that.
    Do you mean the date of the post? If so just hover your mouse over the time of the post and the date comes up

• p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Sucks @ss :p
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    figures ..... just when I get the hang of something, they gotta go change it ......