margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I agree your work is gorgeous Sylvia.
    28257843.png
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I am beyond frustrated! This forum does not work in Chrome. It kept sending me a circles. I finally figured out that it works in Explorer only to lose a whole post when I hit something (space bar, enter, who knows?????)

I'll post more when I'm in a happier frame of mind. I was excited about the new format, especially the ease in posting pictures, a little unhappy about the loss of the ticker, but hopeful that it would soon be back. Now I don't know. I'm going to go with cautiously optimistic that they will work out the bugs.

Meanwhile, it is good to be back!
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    I am beyond frustrated! This forum does not work in Chrome. It kept sending me a circles. I finally figured out that it works in Explorer only to lose a whole post when I hit something (space bar, enter, who knows?????)

I'll post more when I'm in a happier frame of mind. I was excited about the new format, especially the ease in posting pictures, a little unhappy about the loss of the ticker, but hopeful that it would soon be back. Now I don't know. I'm going to go with cautiously optimistic that they will work out the bugs.

• bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Frustrated
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Im frustrated 2.Couldn`t find the website.
    Hope all are doing ok.
  • margaretturk
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »

Surprised you are having trouble in chrome because I think that is why the are changing the format to make it compatible with chrome. That is how I knew what the star was for because that is how you bookmark in chrome. I am writing this from my chrome book.

28257843.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    Hello all: A little confused by this new format. Going to take some time to work things out. Maybe my DD can help me while we are together in Portland. I am looking forward to the trip and spending time with her. We had some people walk through the house last evening. Yikes! That made me anxious. Well now to see if this posts. Sue in SD
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    All freaking out here. Profile pictures tiny! Any way to make the ticker "stick"?
    Life was weird enough the last several weeks....

54053224.png
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    test
    so the tickers don't stick. Boo!
  • margaretturk
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I learned if you want to change your picture on the discussion boards you have to do it there. When you change it on the profile site it will only change it on your where you comment on friends not the forums. I also had to download from my computer. I could not access my saved profile pictures. I learned this in another thread. Go to message board preferences. It will say change picture for forum sites.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/preferences

The rose was from my mom's garden. It is from a 50 year old bush and smelled like a real rose. WONDERFUL. :drinker:

28257843.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sylvia: I love your pot! It is lovely.

Cynthia: I copied the url for my ticker onto the word document I use for posting and saved it there. It should show up anytime I post using my saved word document, but I don’t think it will show up otherwise.

I agree with all who are unhappy with the size of our photos along the side. They need to be bigger.

I had a frustrating time logging back in this afternoon after finding our group this morning. I ended up putting the name Women 50+ in the search window. I haven’t discovered how to bookmark it yet. Has anyone figured that out?

I did some horseback riding helmet research. The Net Wisdom is that I need a helmet that is ASTM approved and it needs to fit my head, so I need to go to a reputable store and try them on. More expensive is not safer if both helmets meet ASTM criteria. That makes sense to me. Those of you who are experienced horsewomen, please let me know if I’m off the mark and mistaken about this. I plan to go into Portland and look for one tomorrow.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

October Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!

30881843.png
  • eveadams721
    eveadams721 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to get calories DOWN since I got back. Up 20 lbs in one year. Lost 40 gained 20. ARGH
  • margaretturk
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Katla the bookmark is the star by the title of the forum at the top of the page. Click on it and it turns yellow. This topic is now bookmarked for you. You will notice a gray bell, star and cog in the upper right hand corner of the page across from Message Boards click on the gray star and your forum topics will appear. If someone post a message after you will notice a number by the bell you can also click on that to get back to here, too. I have been experimenting with the new format on and off most of the day. It is like anything else new some things I like others not so much. Some things are lost in translation like the access to profile pictures to change the forum picture. Above post. The edit feature takes getting used to too.

Still working out the ticker.

28257843.png
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    DrKatieBug, that's funny. I use Chrome at the studio and it seems to work ok. I didn't have any trouble yet.

Katla, there is a little star (it's just an outline of a star) to the right of the topic name in the Motivation and Support listings. You click the star and it turns yellow and that makes the bookmark.

Sylvia
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    DrKatieBug - I'm using Chrome and it is working well. Let's hope I didn't jinx myself by saying that...
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I use Chrome and found you OK.
    Managed 114467 steps yesterday. Toxic neighbour coming back in car and I kept walking. Need to stay away from her.
    I did 40 minutes Sports active I this morning for cardio and Jillian's hard Bodies shortly, then a 2 mile walk this afternoon.
    Having breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack from Livinglite, food cals at 2025, all OK
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    For those for whom Chrome works, did you have to sign in to the community separately? It told me I wasn't signed in. When I signed in I was sent right back to my homepage to be told to sign in again on the Community page. Round and round in frustrating circles. It worked perfectly in Explorer without signing in twice. Now I'm on my iPad. I was once again told to sign in again on the community page, but it brought me back to it and let me post. I'm ticked that Chrome works for some but not for me. My computer operating system is Windows 8 if that makes a difference. trying to be patient but feeling picked on (not by y'all, by the new message board!)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Sylvia ... love the "pot!" Especially love the photo of you!!
    Margaret ... thanks for the instructions.

Love the photos ... sooo much better than going to your profile pages!

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    My fitbit flex is not working right and I don't know what the lights mean. When I tap it, instead of showing me the regular progress lights, it flashes two lights spaced a ways apart, then two lights farther to the right, then back to the left, and so on. Does anybody know what this means or how to fix it?

Sylvia
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Yikes... finally! I'll have to work at the new formats! Hope all is well for all you gals.

Had sad news that my oldest nephew, early 50's, today is having his right foot amputated due to complications with his diabetes. So horrible for him.

I've been lurking, but reading.

Gail, metro ATL