So what do you think of the new forums?

Options

Replies

• OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Okay so i did some research in the code and it looks like they are using the vanilla forum framework ( which is mobile friendly) and voila i am on my phone lurking the forum and it is so much better looking on my phone than via the web browser. Very interesting.
    Wow, if it looks better on the phone than PC it must be absolute *kitten* on a computer, because it looks confusing and horrible from a mobile.

It is!! Its like drunk monkeys loaded the code then got stoned and said "ah f this" we're out. :tired_face:
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    blazepurr wrote: »
    tziol wrote: »
    now I need to use microscope to read the forum ;):p

What about now?

its better now :smiley:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

What about now?

Well i would talk like this all day but i'm sure i'd piss someone off

You again? haha
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Derpes wrote: »

What about now?

Well i would talk like this all day but i'm sure i'd piss someone off

You again? haha

Oh thats right, i think already did

I was speaking on behalf of Richard Simmons!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Ok so the only thing that really sucks is that SO MANY reviews are gone. If I google saaaay "T25 workout review" these forums would come up with tons of input from people. Only now none of the threads exist when you click on them.

Also, I tried to start a new thread on my phone 3 times last night and the forum ate it every time. It's horrible.

I do like the look of it on my phone, very clean. I'm excited for tickets to come back. LOVE ease of posting pictures.
  • N2Couture
    N2Couture Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    Trying to maneuver it the the way in which I've come accustomed .. doesn't compute. I feel hunger coming on .. grrrr .. *my tummy*.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    They behave just like the old forums, except with some fancy xml so you don't have to wait on as many page reloads. You people *kitten* too much.
  • RSEC75
    RSEC75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't have any problem with most of the forum, seems similar to before with some extra formatting features.

However not being able to see the threads I've posted in previously really sucks. Really had trouble finding one of them last night that I had posted on just a few hours earlier. Impossible to carry on a conversation or see what others have responded.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    sixout wrote: »
    They behave just like the old forums, except with some fancy xml so you don't have to wait on as many page reloads. You people *kitten* too much.

No, they do not. Navigation is so much worse in the new forums. They need to add a "My Topics" button to get a list of the threads in which a user has posted. Then, they need to combine Notifications for each topic so it doesn't have 400 notifications for 400 additional comments.

They should do notifications like Facebook: User A, User B, User C, and User D have responded to the topic "Why did MFP release this before it was completed?!"

Currently on MFP: User D has responded to the topic "Why did MFP Rlease this before it was completed?!
    User C has responded to the topic "Why did MFP Rlease this before it was completed?!
    User B has responded to the topic "Why did MFP Rlease this before it was completed?!
    User A has responded to the topic "Why did MFP Rlease this before it was completed?!

And another thing... why can't a user change their notification settings until they actually start getting notifications?!

**Note: Notifications are new, so there is another thing that does not behave like the old forums.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I woke up to 169 notifications today (roughly 5 1/2 pages once I click through to All Notifications). I wish there was some way to sort or consolidate them. There's also no way to tell which page number of notifications I'm on.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I woke up to 169 notifications today (roughly 5 1/2 pages once I click through to All Notifications). I wish there was some way to sort or consolidate them. There's also no way to tell which page number of notifications I'm on.

Agreed. One notification per thread is enough. I don't need 25 notifications for the same thread.
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Im not a fan... :|
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Tiny text and tiny profile pics.. and no tickers.. :\
    Nice to be able to bookmark threads though, and I like the notifications.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    ┌П┐(◕‿◕)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Just checking out the new boards. bird.gif
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Once you post, you can't edit either, can you?

Get used to it. Pretty sure we won't go back.
  • viraurelianus
    Options
    pros:

replies are easy and fast

cons:

avatars are too small, you barely see them

the forums lack a structure, i don't like this flying lines

it's too white, it hurts my eyes, i'd prefer a grey version or something easier on my eyes
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Once you post, you can't edit either, can you?

Get used to it. Pretty sure we won't go back.

Seems like you get an hour after posting to edit that post.

Edit: On the web you just hover over the upper right corner and a wheel appears showing how long you have to edit the post. Click on it and you can edit.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    pros:

replies are easy and fast

cons:

avatars are too small, you barely see them

the forums lack a structure, i don't like this flying lines

it's too white, it hurts my eyes, i'd prefer a grey version or something easier on my eyes

Oh, that is another great idea... make the background darker and the text an offset color like blue.
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I changed my profile picture but it wasn't showing on the forums. I had to log out and back in for it to work.