1235»

Replies

• Add713
    Add713 Posts: 53 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    pknjhh wrote: »
    Excess protein that you drink your body just urinates out.

Excess protein (carbs and fats as well) is stored as fat to be used later for energy.

I am pretty sure protein in the urine is usually caused be pretty serious kidney disease.

Interesting article.......http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/proteinuria-protein-in-urine
  • Add713
    Add713 Posts: 53 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Your kidneys do filter excess proteins.......Unless ur carrying around 200lbs of lean muscle mass 200g is over kill.....Not outrageous but still more than u need.
  • paladin111570
    paladin111570 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a HUGE difference increasing my protein to over 200 grams a day. Is anyone else doing this and for how long? What's the good and bad in doing so?

The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for protein is .8 grams per kilogram body weight (about 60 grams protein for a 150-pound adults), but that’s the minimum amount needed for sedentary adults to prevent a deficiency not the amount considered an optimal for maintaining a lean body mass.
    A more optimal goal amount is 1.5 times as much as the RDA or 1.2 grams protein per kilogram body weight or about .5 grams per pound. (If you weigh 200 pounds, that’s 100 grams protein per day.) The American College of Sports Medicine recommends endurance athletes need 1.2 to 1.4 grams per kilogram (.54 to 63 grams per pound) and bodybuilders need 1.6 to 1.7 grams protein per kilogram body weight (.72 to .77 grams per pound).
    If you’re eating more protein to lose weight, you need to eat fewer calories than your body needs. Period. If you up your calories from protein, you need to remove calories from carbohydrates, fats or alcohol to create a calorie deficit that promotes weight loss.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    So glad this was resurrected. It was before my time and I might not have otherwise gotten in my evening belly laughs.