Anyone tried the "lemonade diet/cleanse" ?

Options
13»

Replies

• vivismoma
    vivismoma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried it for 10 days. Its great for cleansing and makes you feel really healthy and light. Its a great way to sart a diet since your body is clean and you'll loose weight quickly with it, but you'll gain it right back if you stop. If you're gonna try it make sure you plan on eating healthy and excersicing after the cleanse to keep the weight off.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    If you do it for detox reason then go for it.
    If you do it to lose weight, 5% of them can keep the weight off ...the rest gained the weight back.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    never tried it. i have heard that lemon juice can clean away cancer out of your colon and prostate.

Sadly, this is not true. If there was such a simple way to "clean away" cancer - no one would be dying of it.

www.snopes.com/medical/disease/lemons.asp
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    never tried it. i have heard that lemon juice can clean away cancer out of your colon and prostate.

Sadly, this is not true. If there was such a simple way to "clean away" cancer - no one would be dying of it.

www.snopes.com/medical/disease/lemons.asp

Thank you for saying this in a much more diplomatic way than I ever could.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    When are people going to learn that there is NO fast and easy way to lose weight?!?! I've done this stupid junk before, the cabbage soup diet, and another "detoxing" diet where all I ate was green machine smoothies lol. I lost weight on all of them...but where am I now? BACK HERE TRYING TO LOSE THE WEIGHT AGAIN! And yes, I did eat healthy and exercise afterwards. Don't waste your time. Why be miserable if you're just going to most likely gain it all back? Just continue to eat right and exercise. You'll get there eventually. What's the rush?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If you want to make your cleanse a little more "recreational", skip the commercial crap and take a two-week vacation to the third-world country of your choice and drink nothing but tap water. You'll cleanse *everything* out of your system. From both ends. At the same time. Very cathartic.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    If you want to make your cleanse a little more "recreational", skip the commercial crap and take a two-week vacation to the third-world country of your choice and drink nothing but tap water. You'll cleanse *everything* out of your system. From both ends. At the same time. Very cathartic.
    Isn't that called the Guadalajara diet plan? Comes with a nice tan and a hangover.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Isn't that called the Guadalajara diet plan? Comes with a nice tan and a hangover.
    It was Puerto Vallarta for me - but yeah, it came with those too, as a side benefit. I think I was "cleansed" of anything and everything I've ever eaten in my life. NEVER want to feel like that again! I'll vouch for it being quite effective for (temporary) weight loss, though - anything I tried to eat or drink was immediately "cleansed" from my system from one end or the other for about three days.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    Best cleansing program: eat a 1/2 pound of raw almonds, with a 1/2 pound of prunes. Your colon will be scraped clean by the almonds and the prunes will keep it from scraping your *kitten* on the way out.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yep, I felt like absolute death. I only lost a pound.

Pointless.
  • binger4life
    binger4life Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The deal with this cleanse or any other juice cleanse is a mind over matter end result. Completing these cleanses help your mind's ability to just say no when the cleans is over. It is like a reset button for your mind and body. It helps strengthen the mind's will power when resuming regular healthy eating. You just put your body through hell. Every time your mind told your body "no, you can't have anything but what is on the restrictive diet", the mind's will power becomes stronger. It has helped me get my mind back on track when I begin to waver and start eating processed foods. I usually do the 48 hour hollywood diet. It does help me drop 6 lbs of water weight but it gets my mind prepared to take control of my eating. We can all agree Dieting is a process of self control and a good knowledge base of healthy clean eating, 80 percent food 20 percent exercise. Without a person having the correct mind set any diet attempted will probably fail. These crash diets or cleanses can be very productive if used with a springboard approach to a healthy diet regimen. It really does help you appreciate vegetables and plain chicken!!!!!!!!!!! Your taste buds are desensitized and the real taste of ungarnished food is fantastic!! However staying on these for more than a couple of days or so is a bad idea. The body does not store every nutrient and has to have a fresh daily supply. Females, did you know that if you are severely low on iron or potassium (as well as some other electrolytes) that you can literally give yourself a heart attack? no matter what your age or activity level?
    Research anything and everything before you put your health in jeopardy because once the damage is done you cant go back.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    cleanses are useless. Your body cleanses itself

And this thread is from AUGUST 2012
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks cleanses are the way to go should read this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    magerum wrote: »
    Waste of time. You have organs to "cleanse" you system particularily your liver and kidneys.

THIS THIS and THIS
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    easy zombie thread...
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Just wondering .. I've looked it up and a lot of people talk about 10-20 pounds in 2 weeks time ..
    Just wondering if anyone has tried it and your thoughts on it :)

This sounds suspiciously like the "master cleanse"