• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Breast milk.

only the finest breast milks

• Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    2% organic cow milk. I do not drink much milk, and organic seems to have a longer shelf life.
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    Breast milk.

Isnt' that were all milk comes from?

Nut milk isn't really milk per se.
  • Alluminati
    edited October 2014
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Breast milk.

only the finest breast milks

But only if it's Cambodian.

**clinks milk bottles together**

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Whole milk for my coffee. Unsweetened vanilla almond for everything else.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have recently changed from semi-skimmed cow's milk to almond milk (sweetened) and I'm loving it in my tea! Also felt kind of weird drinking milk from another animal and after a recent story I read, it made me change to almond milk.

1% and I'll continue to drink it until A DOCTOR tells me not to.

• caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't rink milk, its for babies, I drink beer!
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Organic whole milk. I'm of the opinion that anything lower than 2% fat milk should be called a "milk product" instead of milk.

And concoctions that don't come from mammary glands are most definitely not and should not be called milk.

It's all marketing. Start calling almond milk what it is, which is almond water, and it loses its appeal. (It is mostly water, a few almonds per container, and optionally sugar and flavoring) Soy milk, rice milk, and coconut milk are the exact same model.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    whole cows milk. pasteurized and homoginized

We lived overseas for awhile and were strongly encouraged to only buy the shelf stable UHT milk. So disgusting that I went three years without ever drinking a glass of milk, and only using enough to just moisten my cereal. So, so gross
  • AlyRoseNYC
    Options
    mike_ny wrote: »
    Organic whole milk. I'm of the opinion that anything lower than 2% fat milk should be called a "milk product" instead of milk.

And concoctions that don't come from mammary glands are most definitely not and should not be called milk.

It's all marketing. Start calling almond milk what it is, which is almond water, and it loses its appeal. (It is mostly water, a few almonds per container, and optionally sugar and flavoring) Soy milk, rice milk, and coconut milk are the exact same model.

I think most people know that almonds don't have titties lol :) I've made almond "milk" at home and it hasn't lost its appeal to me. Personally, I'd love to be able to drink human milk, but that is not socially acceptable for adults so whatevs...
  • Alluminati
    Options
    lol at all the flagged comments
  • AlyRoseNYC
    Options

Why did the breast milk comments get flagged? It's a drink that humans actually drink! I'm gonna go kick rocks for a little while about this lol.
  • MystifiedFluff
    MystifiedFluff Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like 2% milk in my cereal, but prefer foamed unsweetened soy milk in my morning espresso coffee (no sweeteners at all).
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I drink whole raw milk from our local dairy. Before that I drank the milk from my goats. Best milk you'll ever have!!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    I drink low fat or skimmed cows milk.

Will drink whole milk if skim/low fat not available - eg am having a coffee at someone else's place.
    -
    Interestingly, despite the eww factor in western societies ,there are cultures in which human milk is acceptable for humans other than babies - frail elderly adults, for example.
    Not direct from the breast, of course.
    But then we dont drink cows milk direct from the teat either.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    AlyRoseNYC wrote: »

Why did the breast milk comments get flagged? It's a drink that humans actually drink! I'm gonna go kick rocks for a little while about this lol.

I know - some very weird reporting going on here. :o
    - Not just the joking comments like " I drink beer, not milk" were reported but also any comments mentioning human milk in any discussion point at all.
    - Like it is a taboo topic, in a thread about milk. :s

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Oh I also drink goat and sheep milk. Goat milk is pretty sweet, as if sweetened with a bit sugar. It reminds you of that "sweet and salty" flavor. Sheep milk is pretty heavy, as if you're drinking half and half, but with its own distinctive flavor that may not be everyone's cup of tea.

I don't really consider nut milks to be milk (and I'm not a fan of the taste either, unless it's hidden in a cake)
  • OneGoodBean
    OneGoodBean Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I grew up drinking 2% but then switched to Fat Free, but I've recently switched again to 1%. Less fat than 2 but less sugar than Fat Free. I only ever use it for my cereal--which is rare anyway or when I pig out on oreos. When I make smoothies, I use unsweetened almond milk.
  • jorge_ta83
    jorge_ta83 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    OKfarmgal wrote: »
    I drink whole raw milk from our local dairy. Before that I drank the milk from my goats. Best milk you'll ever have!!

I drink "whole", milk, supermarket one.

I would love to try raw milk, but it seems it's illegal to buy it around (Michigan), I know there are workarounds for that, but I almost feel like buying drugs, and I suspect it's easier to get those, lol.