Today's doctor visit was the best victory that I could imagi

Options

Replies

• gaterbear
    gaterbear Posts: 68
    Options
    Congratulations. We shared a very important day today. I posted the results of my doctor's appt. today also. It is listed under my Topics as "Gaterbear." I am high-fiving you from Pensacola.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I saw the pictures! and they are AMAZING!!! You look like a completely different person. Truly an inspiring story. I am so happy for you!!
  • mamakathy
    mamakathy Posts: 130
    Options
    What an encouragement! Thanks for posting!
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Wow! No comments on how fast you lost the weight? I suppose if all the tests came back good there would be no need.

No, I was halfway expecting that to come up. She has no concerns over that. Nor does she have any concerns about my calorie intake. I average 1200-1300 per day and she says that is about correct. Controversial subject, I know, but it works for me and it works for my doctor.

And the answer on the pics not showing up is that your photos (at photobucket or wherever) need to be in a folder who's name does not contain any spaces. Mine was named My Fitness Pal. When I renamed it to MFP, the new IMG codes worked. Just an FYI for anyone about to post photos.
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I agree with your doctor's response..WOW! You are truly an inspiration and I'm glad to be an MFP friend of yours. Thank you so much for sharing your story with all of us. So proud of you! Keep up the amazing work!! :flowerforyou:
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You have given yourself (and your family) the best gift ever! Congratulations!
  • SSawney
    SSawney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    congrats what a great story
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    That is great! What an inspiration to us all :) Keep up the good work.
  • Raven5287
    Raven5287 Posts: 31
    Options
    WOW good job!!! The pics did show up for me.... So awsome! You should be very proud!! Good job!
  • alain0207
    alain0207 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm commenting for the first time here. That is such a great victory. Good for you!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Faaaaaantastic!
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    K! K! K! K! I am so proud of you! Your numbers took MY breath away! You are doing so well honey! And your written response of the doctor just made me grin from ear to ear. Her response was even better then I imagined it would be! Way to go!! Nothing like having a professional give you a physiological high five. :D Keep it up, K, you inspire ME!

Becca

p.s. I'm going for an extended walk in your honor today. LOL!
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    You are a rock star! Awesome! I was able to view your pics, and they are incredible. I am so happy for you! You must feel like a million bucks ;-)
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is TRULY inspiring, WOW, WOW, and WOW is what I have to say to you!! that is so incredible, GOOD for you, GOOD for you!!! You are an inspiration to many of us :wink:
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It's incredibly rewarding to achieve these results, but it's even more rewarding to read your comments. Yes, I do feel like a million bucks, both emotionally from the doctor vist but also physically and psychologically from the weight loss itself. So many of you have already been down this road and know what I am talking about. For those of you who are just starting, yes it does pay off. Better sleep, more energy, the list of benefits goes on and on.

I can't wait to see what the future brings! Thanks again.
  • murfto
    murfto Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud!! It is amazing what you have acheived and now how your story is motivation others.. including me!! I have been a Nurse for 26 years and see so many people struggle with weight. Your story is a gift to all.

Your pictures are an added bonus to your story!

I started about 26 days ago with exercise ( power90) and diet. I do the shakelogy and about 1300 cal a day. Tough but one day at a time I am trying not to weigh myself too often. I am weighing in once every two weeks. My weigh in is tomorrow . Recheking my measurements on Sat.

Thank you again for sharing and great results... Keep it going!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    good job.you should be so proud!!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    That is incredible!! I remember that same feeling when my doctor almost fell off her chair. I'd gotten tired of being told I was overweight and as a result, stopped going :(

The last time I went in she did a double take when she looked at my chart and then my current weight and after she picked her jaw up off the floor, she told me my BMI was in the healthy range and there was no need to lose any more weight. Music to my ears ... and words I never EVER thought I would hear her say.

It's an incredible feeling to make your doctors and nurses speechless ... and CONGRATS on such an amazing job!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    A complete turnaround!! Congratulations!!
  • AllieCatNeal
    Options
    WOW!!!! Such an inspiration!!! You look FANTASTIC!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!