Freelee the Banana Girl...SMH

Options
MSeel1984
MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
Terrifying. Just...truly. Check it out on youtube.

Listening to her talk scares me. There's so much misinformation about balanced diets out there...she markets herself as if the way she eats is the way all humans are supposed to eat and anyone who eats higher protein is ridiculous...
So scary.
Anybody else have opinions on this individual? People should be more careful about what they put out there for everyone to see...this could be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Replies

• ingehooper
    ingehooper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I dont like her videos at all. She mainly acts like her way is best and everyone else is gross and wrong.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    More or less. Her boyfriend is a tool too.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    MSeel1984 wrote: »
    More or less. Her boyfriend is a tool too.

Apparently if you eat meat, you'll get tapeworms according to one of his videos.
    What he doesn't realize is anything can have tapeworm eggs on it, and it's not limited to meat eaters.

I like that they promote eating organic produce. What I don't like is that they promote a restrictive diet, encourage people to eat "unlimited calories to lose weight", and, as you said, they are in general jerks to everyone who disagrees with their opinion.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    She's hot.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    She's hot.

No denying she's gorgeous...
    She's also very...very wrong.
  • CrittleCrattle
    CrittleCrattle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I discovered her channel back at the beginning of the year and was pretty horrified by her willingness to tell everyone they are "doing it wrong" without any evidence. I'm a pretty open minded person, so I spent a lot of time watching her videos and giving her a shot to not sound so insane. I was mostly hoping that somewhere along the line she would provide some incredible sources, but that of course never happened. I just can't support someone who isn't interested in sharing anything but anecdotal evidence.
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    She is crazy! I had to physically stop myself from giving her a nasty comment the first time I saw one of her videos. :angry:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I bet she takes epic dumps.
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think she's misinformed and criticizes everyone else's diets but her own.
  • nykismile
    nykismile Posts: 198
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Freelee is an idiot. An uneducated, pompous moron. Her world views are ignorant and it's sad that people have such low self esteem that they look to her as a role model.

+1
  • nykismile
    Options
    Freelee gives vegans a bad name. Her diet is dangerous. Her diet is similar to what I'm trying to get out of (binging on fruit, eating little else). Her existence just infuriates me. Girls with eating disorders look at her and think, "if I eat like her, I'll look like her!" But it doesn't work like that. I never fell into that trap because I only discovered Freelee rather recently.

She also called Jenna Marbles fat. And apparently anyone without a thigh gap is fat and unhealthy too.

Totally a legitimate source of info.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    nykismile wrote: »
    Freelee gives vegans a bad name. Her diet is dangerous. Her diet is similar to what I'm trying to get out of (binging on fruit, eating little else). Her existence just infuriates me. Girls with eating disorders look at her and think, "if I eat like her, I'll look like her!" But it doesn't work like that. I never fell into that trap because I only discovered Freelee rather recently.

She also called Jenna Marbles fat. And apparently anyone without a thigh gap is fat and unhealthy too.

What??? Someone called Jenna Marbles fat? :s

• JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Freelee is an idiot. An uneducated, pompous moron. Her world views are ignorant and it's sad that people have such low self esteem that they look to her as a role model.

+100

• beautifuldisasta
    beautifuldisasta Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Jenna's not fat!! I have seen freelee on youtube a while back, but I don't remember much of it. :\
  • JustFindingMe
    edited October 2014
    Options
    She also claims the only reason women have periods is because we have " Toxic " bodies.

She lost her periods for nine months because of her diet or lack of body fat ( Im thinking ) and says it was " the best thing" . Eesh.

She is very extreme and a dangerous role-model, IMO
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    She's a vapid, awful person, but if you hear that garbage and think it's legit health advice, it's a case of reaping what you sow, tbh.
  • nykismile
    Options
    nykismile wrote: »

What??? Someone called Jenna Marbles fat? :s

Go on youtube and type in "Jenna Marbles Freelee" and the video should come up (I don't think it was removed?)

Jenna Marbles has my dream body. It drives me nuts that anyone could think she needs to lose weight.
  • JustFindingMe
    Options
    yi5gnb7mrgfr.jpg

Jenna Marbles

THIS ^ ???? is fat? That is a bizarre statement.