Pet Peeves (Fitness related)

Options
gamesandgains
gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
This can be in relation to anything fitness related. Gym peeves, workout, anything..

It really peeves me when my co-worker, who's well over a healthy weight, asks me how I lost so much weight and what advise I can offer. They pour their heart out about how hard it is to lose weight, and just want some motivation, and someone to guide them in the right direction. I give my advise, offer to help them get familiar with the gym, which is supplied by our employer, and set them up with a workout plan or meal plan during my free time. They say "awww, man thanks so much. I'm totally down, can we start tomorrow?". I say "of course", knowing this is going to mess up my plans I already made, but who cares. Their health is more important to me.

Next day(today), they're eating fast food at their desk and cancel the gym meet because he's "too tired".

*deep sigh*

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I let my ex use my weight room an he didn't rerack.

*rage*
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I know those feels. That's the worst at commercial gyms. Glad I made a home gym.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    My husband has started noticing and complimenting my weight loss (which is very nice). What is my pet peeve is that he has talked about himself losing 20 pounds for literally YEARS now and will keep saying "I'm going to get on MFP soon" but never never does. He is not getting any younger, he is not too overweight- kind of like me- just probably should lose around 20-25 pounds. But still- either do it or don't. I wish he would because his dad died of a heart attack when he was only 52 (but he had many other lifestyle issues such as smoking very heavily for years). And I don't want to nag him into it because then he definitely won't. He is just NOT a detail person and I don't think he would ever track his calories. He has said that he would follow a meal plan given, but I do make low calorie meals at dinner which he eats, but the problem is he will eat 2 or 3 servings and then snack later in the evening. Argh.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What if Bob Ross was a serial killer, & he painted the landscapes of where he hid the bodies.

"See that body part? Now it's birds..."

• joemasserini
    joemasserini Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    when you're working out with two machines to minimize the down time, and someone jumps on the other machine and goes sooooooo sloooooooowly on their one superset that you actually start cooling down.
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have to say that what OP said has to be at the top of my list of peeves. Especially When they notice i'm drinking apple cidar vinegar or something to aid with my diet and they just hop on the invisible ban wagon (that I never suggested they do) without doing any exercise or caloric deficit and expect to just magically cut weight. Pisses me off.

Or Getting asked a million questions about training, answering them in the best way I know how and ending up wasting my breath On them because they never really had any intentions on putting in the work that they asked a million questions about!
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    People who want other people to motivate them.
  • thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When I'm successfully getting fit and my family members start telling me what I should be doing because they're professional yo-yo dieters.
  • winf
    winf Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    People using the power rack as a place to rack their curl bar, or 2 guys doing the teamwork bench press
  • lgpperry1
    lgpperry1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When people think that they have to eat 800 calories/day to lose weight and then refuse to listen when you explain that they could actually be eating a lot more, staying healthier, keeping their metabolisms in check, and losing just as much weight (if not more) if they upped their calories to a reasonable deficit.
  • FoogooFish
    FoogooFish Posts: 54 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I get irked when I'm the only person using one of the dozen ellipticals and someone gets on the machine right beside me. If it was the last available machine, then I'd understand, but otherwise... >.<
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    the F'ing chatter….god I hate that *kitten*…there is this older guy in my gym ..50's maybe, all he freaking does is like one set of exercise and then trys to talk to everyone..he usually leaves me along but just seeing him work the gym pisses me off for some reason ….sigh...
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Home gym. When my husband takes advantage of the fact that I am lifting heavy weights and can't react and molests me during my set.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Bad form.

I just joined a big commercial gym for the first time in a few years and it KILLS me to watch people doing the step machine basically holding their entire body weight up by leaning on the handles. Or this one girl was doing the elliptical and it looked like she was trying to escape from a pit of quicksand. Or best and most classic, the guy who's ego is too big so he's lifting barbells that are way to heavy and using his back and lower body to swing the weights up. Turn the machines down people, so you can keep up! Pick up a weight you can complete the exercise with. Stop deluding yourselves before you get hurt. Sheesh!
  • MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    People who flake on run dates. NO!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    the guy that thinks everyone else has bad form….
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    getting asked to come in to work every time i plan to go to the gym and then getting asked to stay late when im not expecting to so i dont have anything healthy to eat for the whole day
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    When people tell me to stop losing weight. At this point even trainers at my gym are saying this, I don't really get it when I'm just BARELY squeezing into the high end of the "healthy" weight for my height.
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It annoys me when the person who is 50+ pounds over weight tells me that the apple (orange, banana, peach, etc) I am eating is loaded with sugar. What about that pecan pie she is eating???!!