Options
124»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    n=1
    n = number of observations.

So say you're studying a behavior, you would ask a few thousand people a question, and it would be a legitimate study. In that, n might equal 3500.

A study of 1, which is what erin is saying has no statistical, empirical, or any other kind of validity. It can't be used for anything other than anecdotal statements.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Some people can't go without breakfast. I am not one of those people. I operate just fine without it! And honestly, it helps me out by giving me more calories to consume later in the day. I'm a night eater :) It's strictly preference on your part! Your metabolism will not be affected.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I cant eat breakfast before work, it makes me so hungry until lunch. If i skip it no hunger. I do the 5:2 lifestyle so skipping breakfast it helps me stay on track on fast days. My personal preference is to have a larger dinner and snacks at night time.

^^ Yup! Me too!!!

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Some people can't go without breakfast. I am not one of those people. I operate just fine without it! And honestly, it helps me out by giving me more calories to consume later in the day. I'm a night eater :) It's strictly preference on your part! Your metabolism will not be affected.

+1

• Baconist
    Baconist Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Isn't "breakfast" whatever you eat after sleeping? I usually have to be awake and up for a couple of hours before I eat; but not always. My breakfast might be leftovers from last night's dinner, 'cause I don't eat cereal and I probably don't feel like taking the time to cook anything.
  • ShammaarB
    ShammaarB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I personally find that when I miss breakfast, I'm more likely to binge eat at lunch, or crave junk food at lunch. Breakfast will keep you satisfied till lunch. So when lunch comes, you're not craving. If you can still eat healthy at lunch, without having any breakfast, then do that. Whatevers best for you.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Everyone eats breakfast it's just a matter of when!! The term itself means to break the fasting period that occurred while you slept. So some folks wait until dinner to have their "breakfast". Do what works for you, if you can get by without anything first thing in the morning go for it, if you find yourself mentally drained a few hours after waking up it may be a good idea to try eating something closer to the time you wake.